trigger take up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : trigger take up

eric1
07-01-2012, 20:47
How much trigger take up should my TRP have? I have a little, noticed on my friends 1911 he had virtually none. Didnt bother me, just wondering what I should expect. I really have no experience with 1911s.

knedrgr
07-01-2012, 21:34
Just enough to let the disco reset.

Veedubklown
07-02-2012, 13:42
How much trigger take up should my TRP have? I have a little, noticed on my friends 1911 he had virtually none. Didnt bother me, just wondering what I should expect. I really have no experience with 1911s.

It's something like 1/16" is what you should have. I think it's to prevent you bumpin the trigger, making unitentional double taps. That's where I set mine at, you adjust it with your leaf spring in the grip. Too much and your trigger won't reset.

Some triggers have pre-travel adjustment tabs that you can bend in/out to hit your mag release, and that's the real way to eliminate take-up. Up there is just a quick check, I don't really recommend playing with your spring 'less you know what you're workin with.

knedrgr
07-02-2012, 17:26
Your leaf spring doesn't play any role in your trigger's travel distance. So it's pointless to try and adjust any of those leaf springs. Secondly, the take-up tabs (on some triggers) doesn't hit the mag catch, it hits the end of the trigger track, in the frame. The over-travel screw is what hits on the mag catch, stopping the trigger from going back further.

Veedubklown
07-02-2012, 19:33
Your leaf spring doesn't play any role in your trigger's travel distance. So it's pointless to try and adjust any of those leaf springs. Secondly, the take-up tabs (on some triggers) doesn't hit the mag catch, it hits the end of the trigger track, in the frame. The over-travel screw is what hits on the mag catch, stopping the trigger from going back further.

Ah I see what you're sayin. Thanks for settin that straight. When I was building my doublestack, I was playing with the spring tensions. It's just what I noticed when I was playing with em.