Need direction and info from GT brothers!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need direction and info from GT brothers!!!!

cooljeff
07-01-2012, 22:11
I know this maybe a biased place to ask this question, but I have the money to buy a new gun tomorrow and I have two options from local sellers. I have narrowed it down to a Glock 27 3rd gen like new and a Walther PPQ also like new. Either one will cost me the same price. Now I will add that size isn't an issue for me because I usually CCW my G23 or my XD.45 compact.

I have had a G27 before, but have never owned or shot a Walther PPQ. the reviews I have read have ALL BEEN VERY POSITIVE! They all have the same conclusion, that the trigger reset is the biggest selling point.

anyways does anyone have any experience with the Walther PPQ and if so how is it?

ALSO BACK TO THE MAIN QUESTION, which would be the best buy for my buck???

P.S. I am only paying $450 for either. If that helps....

07-01-2012, 22:24
Advantage of the G27: You can use the G23's mag in it, if needed.
Advantage of the PPQ: Awesome ergo and trigger.

Personally, I hate the subcompact Glocks. So, I would get the PPQ, if it were me.

cooljeff
07-01-2012, 22:29
Advantage of the G27: You can use the G23's mag in it, if needed.
Advantage of the PPQ: Awesome ergo and trigger.

Personally, I hate the subcompact Glocks. So, I would get the PPQ, if it were me.

that is a good point on the G27 and I love that they can be converted to shoot 9mm just by switching barrels. PLUS I have been wanting to get a drop in G19 barrel and then I could use the same barrel for the G27! Just thought about that.

WarEagle32
07-01-2012, 23:09
Very great points made on the Glocks above. Enough for me if I were you. I had a gen 3 27 for about 5 years that I loved and was an absolute tack driver, like a whole lot of subcompacts are known to be. I have a 26 gen 4 now since I have swapped over to all 9mm's. I would by the 27 no doubt. That's a lot of accurate punch for that size. Plus for just 57 bucks you can send the slide to Glock in Smyrna and they will install a set of their factory meprolight night sights! They have a 15 year full factory warranty! Good luck on that from walther!