STI GP6... anyone with experience? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : STI GP6... anyone with experience?

dnuggett
07-01-2012, 23:09
Was thinking of picking one up after dry firing it at a LGS. Amazing single action trigger and superb short reset. Anyone have any long term experience with it? Looking for any issues that may have popped up.

Check my Gat
07-02-2012, 03:47
I've had one for years, it is great. I've replaced some of the springs just as preventative maintenance. The only time I've observed it malfunction was a handful of what seemed to be user induced malfunctions when others were using it and one of my own. Have probably put about 25k-30k rounds through. May be the best polymer gun I've ever owned. Only downside is good luck maintaining it in the long term, getting magazines or holsters for it without parts ordered online. You will not be getting anything local for it. It is a very smooth shooter, so little muzzle flip.

It is actually just an STI branded Grand Power so if you want more opinions on it I'd suggest looking up articles on the Grand Power.

bac1023
07-02-2012, 04:39
I have heard good things.

STI doesn't build it though.

dnuggett
07-02-2012, 10:22
STI doesn't build it though.

Right, STI wanted to bring it over here as it had major success in overseas competition. Considering what it is, I am ok that STI doesn't make it.