Minnesota Absentee voting... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Absentee voting...

Lady Glock
07-02-2012, 15:29
Just received my absentee ballot. Was wondering if there were preferences for who has our best interest or can be impartial on the bench. The choices are:

United States Senator:
Stephen Williams or Glen R Anderson Menze (Independence Party)
David Carolson or Bob Carney Jr or Kurt Bills (Republican Party)

I will, of course, be voting for Michele Bachmann for District 6

Supreme Court:
Lorie Skjerven Gildea (Incumbent) or Jill Clark or Dan Griffith

Associate Justice 4:
Alan Nelson or Tim Tingelstad or David R Stras (incumbent)

Can anyone tell me anything, positive or negative about them? I'll keep searching for info online, but have been out of the state for a few months and haven't been able to follow as closely as I would like.

Any help would be appreciated. Debate is encouraged. I would like to hear as much as possible.

Ruble Noon
07-02-2012, 15:47
Just received my absentee ballot. Was wondering if there were preferences for who has our best interest or can be impartial on the bench. The choices are:

United States Senator:
Stephen Williams or Glen R Anderson Menze (Independence Party)
David Carolson or Bob Carney Jr or Kurt Bills (Republican Party)

I will, of course, be voting for Michele Bachmann for District 6

Supreme Court:
Lorie Skjerven Gildea (Incumbent) or Jill Clark or Dan Griffith

Associate Justice 4:
Alan Nelson or Tim Tingelstad or David R Stras (incumbent)

Can anyone tell me anything, positive or negative about them? I'll keep searching for info online, but have been out of the state for a few months and haven't been able to follow as closely as I would like.

Any help would be appreciated. Debate is encouraged. I would like to hear as much as possible.

Good. I was reading that she is having a pretty tough primary challenge. I would like to see her stay in her position.

Lady Glock
07-02-2012, 15:54
Good. I was reading that she is having a pretty tough primary challenge. I would like to see her stay in her position.

I would have preferred to be voting for her for President, but alas...that was not to be thanks to the media making a mockery of her. Now look who we have as the "Republican" option. He's no more "Republican" than Obama. :steamed:

Ruble Noon
07-02-2012, 16:02
I would have preferred to be voting for her for President, but alas...that was not to be thanks to the media making a mockery of her. Now look who we have as the "Republican" option. He's no more "Republican" than Obama. :steamed:

Yeah, I'd much prefer Bachman.

Walt_NC
07-02-2012, 22:15
I would have preferred to be voting for her for President, but alas...that was not to be thanks to the media making a mockery of her.

By "making a mockery of her", do you mean reporting the exact words she said?

Lady Glock
07-03-2012, 04:25

No, I mean they twisted her words to put her in the worst possible light so they could destroy her candidacy and promote the most liberal candidate. They did the same thing to EVERY candidate who dared to rise in the polls against the Massachusetts moderate.

beforeobamabans
07-03-2012, 05:02

No, he means publishing photos of her eating a foot long at the Iowa State Fair.

series1811
07-03-2012, 05:20

No, he means, doing things like you do. Going absolutely insane whenever the words "Tea Party" "deficit reduction" "balanced budget" are used, and trying to vilify as a dangerous radical, anyone who uses those evil words.

(Even doing stuff like finding the least flattering picture, out of thousands, to put on the cover of their magazine, to get losers like you to continue to buy it).

Walt_NC
07-03-2012, 09:55
No, I mean they twisted her words to put her in the worst possible light so they could destroy her candidacy and promote the most liberal candidate. They did the same thing to EVERY candidate who dared to rise in the polls against the Massachusetts moderate.

Do you really think it was because she wasn't "liberal enough" and not because she constantly said dumb stuff? Like, oh I dunno:

"And what a bizarre time we're in, when a judge will say to little children that you can't say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it."

"But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States."

"[Gay marriage] is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that."

"Normalization [of gayness] through desensitization. Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders is take a picture of 'The Lion King' for instance, and a teacher might say, 'Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?' The message is: 'I'm better at what I do, because I'm gay.'"

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design."

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

^ That one is my personal favorite. Because it's both factually wrong (the swine flu outbreak was in 1976 and Carter didn't take office until '78) and because she's not taking a heroic and noble stand and accusing Carter or Obama or whatever...she's just asking questions a la Glenn Beck.

No, he means publishing photos of her eating a foot long at the Iowa State Fair.

Ah. You mean like they mocked Obama for eating a hamburger with dijon mustard? Or Palin for eating pizza with a knife and fork? Or Perry for eating a corn dog? Or Santorum for eating a chocolate bar? Or Michelle Obama for eating ice cream? Or the time she ate a taco?

Yeah...the MSM was really targeting Bachmann. Even the Jews pity her for the persecution she endured.

No, he means, doing things like you do. Going absolutely insane whenever the words "Tea Party" "deficit reduction" "balanced budget" are used, and trying to vilify as a dangerous radical, anyone who uses those evil words.

Hey big guy, is that really what I do? Me, personally? I go insane and flip out every time someone wants to talk about economic and political philosophies? Or is that what "losers like you" imagine people do so you can feel oppressed? I've never used that language or reactionist thinking on this forum. But if you are going to just flat out accuse me of something like that then you must know me personally...if not, that would make you look kind of like an idiot. And also like a ****ty moderator for going straight to unprovoked personal attacks (like calling someone a loser) for possibly having an opinion that is different than yours.

series1811
07-03-2012, 10:05
Hey big guy, is that really what I do? Me, personally? I go insane and flip out every time someone wants to talk about economic and political philosophies? Or is that what "losers like you" imagine people do so you can feel oppressed? I've never used that language or reactionist thinking on this forum. But if you are going to just flat out accuse me of something like that then you must know me personally...if not, that would make you look kind of like an idiot. And also like a ****ty moderator for going straight to unprovoked personal attacks (like calling someone a loser) for possibly having an opinion that is different than yours.

Yes, you do all that stuff.

Walt_NC
07-03-2012, 10:16
Yes, you do all that stuff.

Citations, please.

Lady Glock
07-05-2012, 04:57
Well, I can see this is going to get me no help. Thanks "Walt" for your biased BS that totally shot this thread off topic.

I happen to agree with several of the comments made by Bachmann, they are only "stupid" if you don't agree with them or if they are taken out of context. Homosexuality is a big concern to people who don't agree with it, and when our children are being taught that they MUST accept it against their parents objections.

aspartz
07-05-2012, 10:26
Bills claims to be an economic conservative, yet he favors means testing of Social security. Bills is another Arne Carlson.

Bachman is a young earth Jesus freak.

Minnesota is is looking very bad this year.

series1811
07-05-2012, 11:19
Citations, please.

No, you already got your fifteen seconds of attention.

Goaltender66
07-05-2012, 13:03
"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

^ That one is my personal favorite. Because it's both factually wrong (the swine flu outbreak was in 1976 and Carter didn't take office until '78) and because she's not taking a heroic and noble stand and accusing Carter or Obama or whatever...she's just asking questions a la Glenn Beck.

Jimmy Carter took office on January 20, 1977.