Remora "No Clip" Holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Remora "No Clip" Holsters

Dexters
07-03-2012, 10:25
http://remoraholsters.com/No_Clip_Holsters.html

Anyone have one?

I've seen many holsters discussed here but not this one.

People here like it.
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-holsters-carry-options/128821-remora-no-clip-iwb-holster.html

rmodel65
07-03-2012, 11:48
i have one i like it...i carry my M&P in it sometimes

Caver 60
07-03-2012, 11:49
Been quite a few threads on this site about the Remora. Try a search. Generally they seem to be pretty well accepted around here. I have three myself.

They're not my favorite, especially for pocket carry. They're just to bulky for pocket carry for even a Kahr or a P3AT. They do stick better than a Nemeses in a pocket, but they're just too bulky and hard to draw from in a pocket.

They work fairly well in the waistband, but I have others that I think work better.

dosei
07-03-2012, 12:19
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=10704523

Dexters
07-03-2012, 12:53
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=10704523

Thanks - I don't remember all those threads

Is there a feeling foolish smiley?

dosei
07-03-2012, 13:18
Thanks - I don't remember all those threads

Is there a feeling foolish smiley?

We've all been there at one time or another...:cool:

robhic
07-03-2012, 16:48
I have 3. One for my G26, my G19 and a Taurus 38/357 revolver. The two for the Glocks both have the sweat shield and I really like my Remoras.

I carry the G26 daily with the 19 on occasion like the Taurus. I like that I can easily take the entire package out and stick it between the console and seat for instant car gun! I can also take the entire package out and stick in a safe, too.

The Remora is very versatile.

KingWalleye
07-03-2012, 16:52
Versatile and a lifetime warranty to boot! For the money you can't go wrong.

Sgt.K
07-03-2012, 18:18
Get one I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Get an "ART" style if you want to acquire a full grip. Plus check out all of the other options available.

Lior
07-03-2012, 21:14
Best value for money for any IWB holster. Have used mine to deep conceal five guns, from G19 to 5" double stack 1911. Also works fine with a Lasermax Micro on the gun's frame rail.

unit1069
07-03-2012, 23:12
I also recommend the ART design if you plan on CCW. And the magazine holder is perfect for IWB carry with a steel telescoping baton when carrying a firearm is impracticable.

JimBianchi
07-03-2012, 23:28
Just got mine this week and have been carrying my Kahr K9 and MK9 in it for 12-14hrs a day, for the last 6 days.

Very comfortable. Very secure. I can wear it very low in the waist line with a 15 degree cant and it stays in place.

On the down side, I had to make a public bathroom stop Monday and was glad it was the MK9, because it will easily fit in my pocket while I do my business.

My G26 fit in this Remora too, but it would be an issue getting that in my 501 pockets.

Sharky7
07-04-2012, 01:07
Not every self defense situation can/will involve your firearm. Just something to think about. If you ever had to go hands on for whatever reason, this is not the holster I would want to be wearing IWB.

Drain You
07-04-2012, 06:37
I'd recommend you buy one & try it for yourself. Get the ART as noted above and splurge $5 for the reinforced holster. It stays open really well.

As I said in my own thread, it doesn't work with every body type or every pair of pants I have. Mainly the thinner material on my dress pants, but only because those pants aren't thick enough & my belt can't go any tighter. Getting in/out of my truck I find it moving more than I'd like.

Scary as hell when it falls inside your clothing. I'll keep using it for now when I'm going to places I'm required to disarm, but I'm going to get a leather holster w straps soon for other times.

Dexters
07-04-2012, 09:59
I'd recommend you buy one & try it for yourself. Get the ART as noted above and splurge $5 for the reinforced holster. It stays open really well.

I guess I didn't remember seeing recommendations for the Remora because when people ask about a IWB holster the Remora doesn't come up as an answer too often.

cowboy1964
07-04-2012, 11:18
Have one, don't use it. Too bulky for my taste. The one thing I do use it for is to get the carry feel for a new gun until I get a fitted holster for it.

Drain You
07-04-2012, 11:58
I guess I didn't remember seeing recommendations for the Remora because when people ask about a IWB holster the Remora doesn't come up as an answer too often.

Depends on the day. Lot of companies out there making holsters, lots of guys chime in with their favorite company whenever there is a chance. Having a good product will do that.

It is something you just have to experience for yourself. If you don't like wearing it, you're only out $35 and you still have a great holster for car/nightstand carry.

NDCent
07-04-2012, 12:34
I like them.

cadillacguns
07-05-2012, 02:47
I have one I like it for IWB, but been using the nemesis inside pocket holster with my G-27 all summer.

Rupert
07-06-2012, 08:40
I have 3. Very comfortable and secure iwb. I wear it while commuting to work via bike. 9 miles round trip and doesn't budge.

GMT
07-06-2012, 08:59
Like both of mine so far.

Chesafreak
07-06-2012, 09:27
I bought two Remora's months ago in prep for summer carry. I have been able to carry my Glock 23 and my EDC an LC9 in a Remora while wearing athletic/cargo/swim shorts and doing everything from canoing to relocating stones in the yard, and I haven't had any issues carrying in one. They have been very comfortable and secure. If you will be doing a lot of bending and lifting I suggest placing the Remora against the skin on your hip instead of between your skivvies and shorts. Against the skin its virtually impossible to make it shift out of place. Of course you will need to cinch up the drawstring if wearing loose shorts. I trust a Remora every day.

nraman
08-01-2012, 19:59
They're just to bulky for pocket carry for even a Kahr or a P3AT

That's the problem I have with some pocket holsters, too thick, they add thickness to an already thick baby Glock.
Who makes the thinnest possible pocket holster?

MLittle
08-01-2012, 20:30
I guess you want an honest opinion, or you wouldn't be asking the question. I got a remora for my Glock 30sf. For the little money they cost I guess it's acceptable, but it's not my normal carry holster. I carry at my appendix iwb and the holster would move up and down when I sat down or stood up. I found I was having to adjust the holster quite often (which isn't good for concealed carry). I prefer my holster to be attached to a belt....for a more secure feeling. The Remora also is quite thick which I also found quite uncomfortable.

simotek
08-01-2012, 20:35
My fiancee caries her LC9 in a remora holster and loves it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nraman
08-01-2012, 20:42
Does anybody make a pocket holster out of very thin kydex, or any other thin material?
I was thinking of getting a suede IWB holster, remove the belt clip and use it as a pocket holster, unless I find a pocket holster that fits my needs.

JimBianchi
08-01-2012, 21:56
Does anybody make a pocket holster out of very thin kydex, or any other thin material?
I was thinking of getting a suede IWB holster, remove the belt clip and use it as a pocket holster, unless I find a pocket holster that fits my needs.

I have an AHolster for my Kahr MK9. Very thin all kydex holster for pocket carry.

nraman
08-03-2012, 18:40
I have an AHolster for my Kahr MK9. Very thin all kydex holster for pocket carry.

I just ordered one for my G27 from AHolster. The material they use is .060" which is thinner than the thinnest leather holster I've seen.
I flirted around with some other small pistols and I came to the conclusion that if I find myself in trouble, I want my G26 or G27 in my hands. No other small pistol seems to work well for me as far as the ability to hit, accuracy, speed and comfort goes. A thin holster will make up for the width of a baby Glock.
I'll continue carrying the little P380 when there is no other choice.

hoghunter82
08-03-2012, 18:50
I have a Remora for all my guns. Great guy to deal with (Alan). Every time I try something else I always end up getting a Remora. They work great in the Florida humidity.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

nraman
08-03-2012, 18:54
I have a Remora for all my guns. Great guy to deal with (Alan). Every time I try something else I always end up getting a Remora. They work great in the Florida humidity.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

I have one also and I don't use it because it is too bulky. I don't understand why I need all this thickness on a pocket holster.
More so when I carry a Glock which is already thick.

attrapereves
08-03-2012, 19:58
I have one that I used to use a lot with my G19 and G29. It was actually my first IWB holster that I used with my Glocks. I liked it because it was super adjustable and it also felt really stable/wouldn't budge. However, once I tried a traditional IWB holster (Shielded Holster), I noticed increased comfort. Also, even though the Remora is really stable, a holster with a clip is more stable.

I still use it if I am running to the store for a quick trip. It also makes an EXCELLENT nightstand gun holster (I don't like the idea of a loaded gun sitting exposed on a nightstand). It covers the trigger and you can even draw the gun without the holster coming with it.

ZO6Vettever
08-04-2012, 14:03
They work as advertised. I can carry a G30 Mexican style with elastic waist shorts by tucking it into my tighty whities for the added elastic. Good price, good service and good product.

CA Escapee
08-04-2012, 19:48
I just bought one today at the Denver gun show from a vendor called Western Images Leatherworks (WIL). (Yes, they do make leather holsters and belts.) I mentioned them by name because WIL was the only table where I saw any.

They had an excellent assortment of sizes. I bought a 6ART-RFT "Artemis" for my S&W M&P 40c/G26. This model has the reinforced mouth. Un-reinforced models were $25 and reinforced models were $30.

I'm going to go on a three mile walk tonight and try it out with the 40c; it's the chunkier monkey of the two, roughly the size of a G30.

Bill

257 roberts
08-05-2012, 05:48
I have 2 Remors,they are good for the money

Wishoot
08-05-2012, 06:35
I have two. One for an LC9 and the other for a CZ75B.

I think they are very good at what they do. Great may be an overstatement, but very good fur sure. I prefer super thin Kydex with a belt.

Remora's have outstanding retention and do a good job of staying put IWB. I find that a belt always helps keep the Remora in place. Otherwise, they can move around a little.

They are too big and thick for pocket carry.

Service from Remora is absolutely outstanding.

Kapuna
08-07-2012, 08:43
Quick...easy...affordable...
I have a Remora holster for every CCW I own...
From a S&W 342PD @ 10.8 ozs. to a Glock 33...
I prefer AIWB carry and they work for me...

NMG26
08-07-2012, 09:04
I prefer AIWB carry and they work for me...

Me too.

dustbusterplus
08-07-2012, 10:58
I love my Remoras. Alan is great to work with too. I carry the DB9 IWB with the Remora regularly and the G27 occasionally. I really like them as a nightstand gun holster or backpack gun holster also. That is what the G27 is mostly used for this time of year. I'm also messing around with using the DB9 in a remora to stick in the top of my cowboy boots since I don't have an ankle holster for it.

redbaron007
08-07-2012, 15:57
I have one Remora holster I use for my G26 and G32. It is great for casual walking or just running to the store and sliding IWB or SOB. I've even used it while a lil hike that didn't need a lot of full body movement...basically walking down a trail not having to dodge limbs and such.

Would highly recommend the sweat-shield.

:wavey:

red

Rick305
08-07-2012, 16:21
Sticky Holsters are superior to the Remora style in every way.

Remoras are like a nemesis , just cut differently.

Bought a remora for my 19 and sold it in classifieds on here.

Carried my G29 in a sticky IWB every day for months.

www.stickyholsters.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

robhic
08-07-2012, 16:45

www.stickyholsters.com

Looks like a Remora knock-off. What is so superior?

INJoker
08-07-2012, 18:54
I like mine to some degree for my LCP, but the holster will move around if you get in and out of a car, walk around a lot or do any kind of activity that causes the core of your body to twist or stretch.

As an example, I drove to the grocery store and shopped with a hand-basket where I was reaching and turning, etc. By the time I got home, the holster was no longer secure and had to be re-adjusted before getting out of the car.

It also seems to lose some of its "tackiness" after a couple of months.

Still a good holster for $30, but I prefer to pocket carry my LCP at this point.

No way I would trust a Remora to keep a G19 in place...

My .02

redbaron007
08-08-2012, 12:42

Remoras are like a nemesis , just cut differently.

Bought a remora for my 19 and sold it in classifieds on here.

Carried my G29 in a sticky IWB every day for months.

www.stickyholsters.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Owning a Remora and then seeing the Sticky; the Sticky doesn't impress me. It seems to be a step below a Remora. Just my $.02

:wavey:

red

billn
01-12-2013, 23:26
I have a g26. Which Remora is the most versatile for IWB? The no clip holsters? Will it stay inside my pants and short ok?

ty

JimBianchi
01-13-2013, 13:29
I use the Remora without a belt 90% of the time. Mine will hold the Kahr MK9, Kahr K9 (what it was made for) G26 and and G30. All with good trigger coverage.

I carry the K9 usually and it stays in place with shorts, jeans, even swim trunks that tie in the front. The G26 works fine too, but I haven't carried it much, a few times only, so not a lot of experience with it. G26 normally goes in a SuperTuck.

It will stay in place with just elastic shorts also, but I only wear those to bed and wore the Remora as a backup while investigating a very loud noise outside with my G30/13+1/light. The Remora stayed in place, but I do not consider elastic secure retention for a pistol normally.

(My spare 13rd mags got pushed to the back of my safe and I did not want to waste time by searching for them, so I grabbed my carry gun, Kahr K9, and it was in the Remora)

Rick305
01-13-2013, 14:53
Sticky holsters are better

Rick305
01-13-2013, 19:59
Looks like a Remora knock-off. What is so superior?

I've had both the remora was just (to me) a different shaped desantis nemesis.

Sticky holsters are my favorite all around holsters period. I buy one for every pistol I get

SCC
01-13-2013, 21:19
Not every self defense situation can/will involve your firearm. Just something to think about. If you ever had to go hands on for whatever reason, this is not the holster I would want to be wearing IWB.

That's for sure

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

SCmasterblaster
01-14-2013, 13:30
I just visited your link, and from the photos I must ask - what holds these holsters in place? During a draw I would like for the gun to cleanly separate from the holster.

billn
01-14-2013, 13:54
Remora No-Clip IWB Holster - review & demo - YouTube

SCmasterblaster
01-14-2013, 14:57
And sure enough, she is extra careful and concerned about drawing the whole holster out with the handgun. This is a serious flaw with this holster. The holster should have belt loops.

Mr Spock
01-14-2013, 22:24
It may be fine for someone else, but I just wouldn't be able to trust a holster that didn't clip to something IWB. It seems like that one would have a lot of movement throughout the day sitting/standing/kneeling/etc, and that would mean a different draw angle every time. A clipped holster with more than one clip guarantees a uniform draw angle and carry angle.

Colddeadhands
01-19-2013, 06:46
I just got my Remora 6G ART for my G26. I like it and will keep it for IWB. But I will also want to pocket carry. Is the DeSantis Nemesis appreciably thinner than the Remora? I tried a Desantis Pocket Tuk, but returned it; the leather top made it too thick for IWB (I am a lean 150 pounds, 5'8), and it was too bulky for pocket carry.

Will a Nemesis be more useful for pocket carry than the Remora?

(I have a Kel-Tec PF-9 which is better for pocket carry for obvious reasons, but I would prefer to carry the Glock for obvious reasons (i.e. survival).

Bill Lumberg
01-19-2013, 08:25
I don't find no clip or one clip holsters to be adequate. I carry pretty much 24/7. I've directly experienced these to slip, reposition, or otherwise become dislodged at the worst possible time. While they can work, I prefer more reliable 2 loop or clip holsters. But that's just me.

GreenDrake
01-29-2013, 07:51
Did my search before posting a new thread on Remora and decided on this thread since you guys seem to like yours. I picked up a Remora that arrive in my mailbox just yesterday. I was, as usual, giddy to try it out immediately.

As you all who use them for CC, there has to be a sweet spot found, depending on the gun. I now carry a Sig P229 so I ordered the 10ART model for it. Being a heavier gun I wanted to find something that would still allow a bit of comfort for warmer months since during the winter I just carry OWB in my Fist K2 High Ride.

First impressions on a trip to the store, I carried it at 3 oclock, just to see how she rides while sitting in the truck. Going to have to work on the cant a bit since the hammer dug into me a little in the truck seat, but overall, quite comfortable and stable.

Switched over to SOB carry and feel for a heavier weapon, this is where the Remora shines for me. I carried it slide to the weakside, or grip to strongside, however you want to call it, and it fit into the SOB very nicely and very securely. Not a bit of budge to it and throughout my errands it did not move one bit. Granted going from strongside carry to SOB is a leap for a short afternoon of errands, bending over or squatting is a different feeling with a bigger gun in your lower back but altogether not a bad experience at all.

Today will be my first full day wearing it and seeing what snags or movement issues I get from it, but so far, drawing from concealment is smooth, no pull or slag, easy to use and very comfortable. I like it already.

BADOS
01-29-2013, 08:37
Because I live in Florida, concealing can be a problem. If I wear a sport coat or suit, then I might use my Galco Jack Ass shoulder rig. If I wear a jacket or bulky sweater, then I might use my Galco Concealable belt holster. Most of the time, I use the Remora #6 pocket holster for my Glock 27. I simply put it in my right back pocket and have my shirt hand down over it. There is no way you can tell that I'm carrying concealed. Since the holster is PADDED, I can sit and don't realize it is even there. Try it...it's only $ 25.00.