Independence Day.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day....

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 17:58
... what the hell happened to us? I don't think it deserves a celebration.

beforeobamabans
07-03-2012, 18:09

I disagree.

And I would like to add how much I appreciate GTPI and all you participants whether I happen to agree with you or not. You have provided me with countless hours of entertainment and even an occasional thought provoking moment. May God bless you, your families and our country. May we always be free enough to do this.
:wavey:

MZBKA
07-03-2012, 18:37

Then leave.

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 18:38
I disagree.

And I would like to add how much I appreciate GTPI and all you participants whether I happen to agree with you or not. You have provided me with countless hours of entertainment and even an occasional thought provoking moment. May God bless you, your families and our country. May we always be free enough to do this.
:wavey:

Beforeobamabans? What did I miss? No disrespect but your name leads me to believe that you might be concerned with our freedom as well.

callihan_44
07-03-2012, 18:45

I think you need to explain your point of view here, do you hate america therefore why bother celebrating? or america has gone down the toilet and we let it happen?

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 18:51
I think you need to explain your point of view here, do you hate america therefore why bother celebrating? or america has gone down the toilet and we let it happen?

I'm sure you know what I mean.

CAcop
07-03-2012, 18:55
Cheese and crackers people. We have had far darker days than now. Hell, look at the GI generation. They were born into poverty and joblessness greater that we see now. They then fought a war on a scale never seen before or since. They built the Arsenal of Democracy with slide rules and adding machines. They then held off the Communists one battle at a time. Some we ay never know about.

Now that we are at the begining of a new melenium you want to quit? You want to give up? You want to not fight for everything they bought for us, sometimes with blood?

America's brightest days are ahead of us. There is a reason why we have people from all over the world coming here. Its because we have more opportunity and bounty than any other nation on earth.

rhikdavis
07-03-2012, 19:09
If they waited a week we could have lost our independence on the same day we won it.

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 19:41
Cheese and crackers people. We have had far darker days than now. Hell, look at the GI generation. They were born into poverty and joblessness greater that we see now. They then fought a war on a scale never seen before or since. They built the Arsenal of Democracy with slide rules and adding machines. They then held off the Communists one battle at a time. Some we ay never know about.

Now that we are at the begining of a new melenium you want to quit? You want to give up? You want to not fight for everything they bought for us, sometimes with blood?

America's brightest days are ahead of us. There is a reason why we have people from all over the world coming here. Its because we have more opportunity and bounty than any other nation on earth.

Bravo! That was very uplifting, for a moment, then the truth is hard to ignore. We are in a world of hurt. The commies you mention are in the White House. The GI generation is now the OWS generation. When it comes down to hard times economically people don't ask what they can do to help themselves. No, they want you to do it for them. Yes you are correct, outsiders are flooding into this country for the opportunity and bounties that we provide, as long as we provide it for them. The media, politicians and courts have made it clear that we are just pawns.

Pardon me while I vent.

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 19:47
If they waited a week we could have lost our independence on the same day we won it.

Hey, Stop with the unpatriotic slide into reality.

CAcop
07-03-2012, 19:59
Bravo! That was very uplifting, for a moment, then the truth is hard to ignore. We are in a world of hurt. The commies you mention are in the White House. The GI generation is now the OWS generation. When it comes down to hard times economically people don't ask what they can do to help themselves. No, they want you to do it for them. Yes you are correct, outsiders are flooding into this country for the opportunity and bounties that we provide, as long as we provide it for them. The media, politicians and courts have made it clear that we are just pawns.

Pardon me while I vent.

What about the TEA Party? The Occutards do not own their generation's ideals.

A lot of those illegal immgrants work their asses off. Some are my neighbors. They want to be Americans. A lot want to be Americans like you.

G17Jake
07-03-2012, 20:01
I'm looking forward to a post-Obama America.

Until then, I will make the best of each day and celebrate what I can.

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 20:19

A lot of those illegal immgrants work their asses off. Some are my neighbors. They want to be Americans. A lot want to be Americans like you.

Tea Party? You're kidding right?

Ruble Noon
07-03-2012, 20:24

I take it you won't be waving an American flag made in China then?

Cavalry Doc
07-03-2012, 20:29

Let them knock and come in the front door next time, instead of sneaking in through the bathroom window.

Ruble Noon
07-03-2012, 20:34

Known criminals living next door to you, an officer of the law.

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 20:36
I take it you won't be waving an American flag made in China then?

I have a lot of Ross's in my family.

rockabillyrider
07-03-2012, 20:39

It must be getting late, I was gonna let that one slide! :rofl:

Cavalry Doc
07-03-2012, 20:41

The thin blue line -----------. It's not solid any more.

CAcop
07-03-2012, 21:48

Seeing as how I am the grandson of an illegal immigrant it is hard for me to get worked up about their immigration. Beside we have an ICE agent in house who reviews our gang files to find the illegals and then use that to flip them. We are having a hard time because we don't have that many illegals that are gang members.

Mark my words in a generation the Republican party will be doomed to the fringes if they do not come up with a sensible plan for immigrantion reform.

CAcop
07-03-2012, 21:52
Tea Party? You're kidding right?

The TEA Party was ahuge factor in 2010.

We are closing in on a week past Obamacare clearing the Supreme Court. The largest tax increase in history. I suspect the summer and fall will be very heady times.

Remember the Reagan revolution? What if Romney becomes a follower to a new revolution?

GAFinch
07-03-2012, 22:26
Seeing as how I am the grandson of an illegal immigrant it is hard for me to get worked up about their immigration. Beside we have an ICE agent in house who reviews our gang files to find the illegals and then use that to flip them. We are having a hard time because we don't have that many illegals that are gang members.

Mark my words in a generation the Republican party will be doomed to the fringes if they do not come up with a sensible plan for immigrantion reform.

To be fair, every time Republicans open up to talks of immigration reform, Democrats refuse to agree to border tightening.

The TEA Party was ahuge factor in 2010.

We are closing in on a week past Obamacare clearing the Supreme Court. The largest tax increase in history. I suspect the summer and fall will be very heady times.

Remember the Reagan revolution? What if Romney becomes a follower to a new revolution?

I think that's very possible. As much as people bash him, particularly Paulites, I think Romney is the best Republican presidential nominee we've had since Reagan, who began his political career as a California Democrat and became a conservative much more in speeches than in policy. I don't expect miracles from Romney, but if he maintains a common sense foreign policy, maintains his states rights stance, honestly helps balance the budget without the standard 10 year budget trickery, and gives decent speeches that promote hope and stability, he could present Republicans as a stark contrast to the Obama/Pelosi takeover of the Democrats.

Ruble Noon
07-03-2012, 22:50

Amnesty for 3 million illegals by the Republican party wasn't enough? WTF do you want? The Louisiana purchase?

Anyhow, glad to know that Ice is on the job sorting out the bad criminals from the good.

Since you knowingly allow illegals to perpetrate criminal activity and benefit from it do you also extend that leeway to American citizens who violate the law? Maybe hand the next speeder you stop a 5 dollar bill to reward them for their violation.

CAcop
07-03-2012, 22:52
Amnesty for 3 million illegals by the Republican party wasn't enough? WTF do you want? The Louisiana purchase?

Anyhow, glad to know that Ice is on the job sorting out the bad criminals from the good.

Since you knowingly allow illegals to perpetrate criminal activity and benefit from it do you also extend that leeway to American citizens who violate the law? Maybe hand the next speeder you stop a 5 dollar bill to reward them for their violation.

Interesting leap from letting honest people work hard in non union jobs to handing out 5 dollar bills.

Getting sleepy or did that nut you up that much.

Ruble Noon
07-03-2012, 22:56
Interesting leap from letting honest people work hard in non union jobs to handing out 5 dollar bills.

Getting sleepy or did that nut you up that much.

If they were honest they wouldn't be illegal.

RustyDaleShackleford
07-04-2012, 00:48
I agree with the OP. Our founders would be ashamed of us. More ashamed of what we've let happen than what the government's done.

I was just arguing on a post about a city banning all fireworks, including the city's fireworks show on Independence Day, because they're afraid it'll disrupt bird nesting or migration or something. "Yeah, let's celebrate our freedom by restricting citizens from doing yet another thing that government doesn't like."

We're on the way out, I'm afraid.

barbedwiresmile
07-04-2012, 08:12
What exactly are y'all celebrating?

Cavalry Doc
07-04-2012, 08:40
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

We have achieved a lot as a country. We are still the place everyone wants to live, just ask CACops neighbors. The level of technology and engineering that we have today would have truly stunned the founders.

We have failed a lot as a country. Laziness, greed, gluttony, and a general lack of ethics, where even the attorney General feels perfectly comfortable giving guns to criminals and the president is expected to lie every time his lips move.

I don't know about you, but even considering the state the country is in, I've had worse days. So today, I'll focus on the good a little bit more than the bad. Take the dogs to the lake. Go have dinner at my daughters apartment with the rest of the family, and relax a bit.

G17Jake
07-04-2012, 09:01

The city gave me a permit to fly a flag in my front yard.

/sarcasm

Ruble Noon
07-04-2012, 09:06

The fine art of moonshine

http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/airpress/wp-content/themes/midnightmoon/images/spirits/mmbottle-fruit-hor.png
http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/spirits/

evlbruce
07-04-2012, 09:10
For a country that fought a war to tear itself off from the UK we certainly are doing everything we can to adopt their oppressive taxes and nanny state.

Maybe flying the Union Jack would be more appropriate.

hogship
07-04-2012, 10:08
Yes, it is a good time to think about the blood, sweat, and tears that went into the making of this country. Independence day is the day our Declaration of Independence was signed. Everyone should THINK, for one moment, just how much guts it took to sign this document......these men, our founding fathers, were telling their ruler that he is no longer in control of their destiny.......it doesn't belong to them, and it will take force for him to keep that control. May God bless these men, and we never relinquish the freedoms they secured for themselves, and us!.............

I am flying my flag today.......:wavey:

I've been thinking about getting an original thirteen star American flag, and flying that. To me, this flag represents the original thinking behind the origins of our country......much of which is now forgotten, or never learned by many of us.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL431/781008/1401649/40125912.jpg

Some people just don't get it.:steamed:
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL431/781008/1401649/384077253.jpg

ooc

CAcop
07-04-2012, 11:17
If they were honest they wouldn't be illegal.

Next time you go to the grocery store boycott the fruit and veggies. They were picked by illegals. You are supporting illegal immigration buying them.

hogship
07-04-2012, 11:23
Next time you go to the grocery store boycott the fruit and veggies. They were picked by illegals. You are supporting illegal immigration buying them.

I would gladly pay twice the price for vegetables and fruit.

CAcop......I'm disappointed in you. This is not an excuse for illegal immigration......they need to do it like my ancestors did.

ooc

Ruble Noon
07-04-2012, 11:47

I am well aware of that as I spent one summer during my high school days working in an orchard. However, I am not supporting them by choice or in contradiction to my sworn duties.

madbaumer
07-04-2012, 12:20
Yes, it is a good time to think about the blood, sweat, and tears that went into the making of this country. Independence day is the day our Declaration of Independence was signed. Everyone should THINK, for one moment, just how much guts it took to sign this document......these men, our founding fathers, were telling their ruler that he is no longer in control of their destiny.......it doesn't belong to them, and it will take force for him to keep that control. May God bless these men, and we never relinquish the freedoms they secured for themselves, and us!.............

I am flying my flag today.......:wavey:

I've been thinking about getting an original thirteen star American flag, and flying that. To me, this flag represents the original thinking behind the origins of our country......much of which is now forgotten, or never learned by many of us.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL431/781008/1401649/40125912.jpg

Some people just don't get it.:steamed:
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL431/781008/1401649/384077253.jpg

ooc

Our Lives Our Fortunes Our Sacred Honor.avi - YouTube

certifiedfunds
07-04-2012, 13:39

I think that's why we thank Jesus for the food we eat. Jesus, Juan, Miguel....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

certifiedfunds
07-04-2012, 13:44
I would gladly pay twice the price for vegetables and fruit.

CAcop......I'm disappointed in you. This is not an excuse for illegal immigration......they need to do it like my ancestors did.

ooc

It'd be a lot more than that.

The people who would otherwise accept those jobs don't have to. They get checks for doing nothing.

Besides, they'd unionize and implement above market compensation and suppress production quotas.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine