Ticket to 2nd Term: Have a War with Iran [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ticket to 2nd Term: Have a War with Iran

ModGlock17
07-03-2012, 20:58
It seems to me that things are escalating, with motivation that came from desperation to win in November...

Dead democratic voters and paid voters aside, the public tends to stay with an incumbent president in times of military conflicts. If Romney stays close, no war. If Romney surges ahead, watch out....

If it's 4th QTR and he's down, he will throw the hail-Mary, the bombs.

Iran had been throwing fits of irrational verbage with action, and this admin. seems to wait for the right time.

The Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times!"

I think we are there.

janice6
07-03-2012, 21:00
History says a good war cures a Depression/Recession.

(sometimes the cure is worse than the disease)

He seems pretty desperate.

Ruble Noon
07-03-2012, 21:07
US Sends Ships, Fighter Jets to Brace for Iran Threat

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/us-builds-up-forces/2012/07/03/id/444313?s=al&promo_code=F619-1

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

http://www.rt.com/news/iran-bill-hormuz-strait-218/

LASTRESORT20
07-03-2012, 21:15
~ "Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait" ~

Islamic Typical Bluff.....they do that they lose their navy and Air force quickly

*Iran needs to be spanked badly.....very badly....and spanked right....problem here is ***berry is the wrong man to do it....IT would be all half-***** with a Liberal in charge....A half ***** war will not help berry....he will still lose if we can keep the dead and the Illegals from voting....

DOC44
07-03-2012, 21:52
:israelflag:

Doc44

countrygun
07-03-2012, 22:16
~ "Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait" ~

Islamic Typical Bluff.....they do that they lose their navy and Air force quickly

*Iran needs to be spanked badly.....very badly....and spanked right....problem here is ***berry is the wrong man to do it....IT would be all half-***** with a Liberal in charge....A half ***** war will not help berry....he will still lose if we can keep the dead and the Illegals from voting....

One thing i am sure of, if they do it once, they won't be able to do it again for a long time.

stevelyn
07-03-2012, 22:25
Ticket to 2nd Term: Have a War with Iran

One would have to support a war with Iran and Odumma for that to work. I support neither.

GAFinch
07-03-2012, 22:30
That's assuming that he doesn't have the warships over there to shoot down Israeli planes if they try to take any action.

CAcop
07-03-2012, 22:56
I am not so sure about that. If you look at the polls people are pretty tired of sending people off to wars. If there was a strike with US planes it would have to be over fast. As in things are wrapped up within a few weeks. Also the closer to election day the worse it works out for Obama. People will be less likely to vote for him if they aren't sure if it isn't over yet.

G17Jake
07-03-2012, 23:13
Maybe we can get into another 10-year war?

07-03-2012, 23:15
It's all about the economy. If there's a war, oil prices will skyrocket and will kill an economy that's already on life support. It's not going to happen at least not till after the election.
Hasn't this admin been putting pressure on the Israelis to NOT do anything?

Bruce H
07-04-2012, 05:09
Should have happened thirty some years ago. Never let a festering cancer spread and grow. Especially not one with oil revenue and sick demented leadership.

beforeobamabans
07-04-2012, 06:09
Neo-con foreign policy and the welfare of the M-I-C demand another war. Thanks to our imperialistic foreign policy, there are trip wires everywhere.

From Romney's website:

"American military power is vital to the preservation of our own security and peace around the world."

And the especially concerning:

"It is America today that patrols the global commons and keeps them safe for trade and commerce."

Romney is a classic Neo-Con, pre-emptively helping himself to a free-wheeling interventionist foreign policy. This portends a major increase in military spending (hear the MIC champaign corks popping) which means he really isn't going to make much progress toward shrinking the size of government, reducing spending, balancing the budget and reducing the debt. This is what the Tea Party stands for. They didn't support Romney in the primaries and are going to struggle with him now.

aircarver
07-04-2012, 06:46
Who would want an incompetent, enemy alien running our side of the war ? ... :steamed:

countrygun
07-04-2012, 06:48
Neo-con foreign policy and the welfare of the M-I-C demand another war. Thanks to our imperialistic foreign policy, there are trip wires everywhere.

From Romney's website:

"American military power is vital to the preservation of our own security and peace around the world."

And the especially concerning:

"It is America today that patrols the global commons and keeps them safe for trade and commerce."

Romney is a classic Neo-Con, pre-emptively helping himself to a free-wheeling interventionist foreign policy. This portends a major increase in military spending (hear the MIC champaign corks popping) which means he really isn't going to make much progress toward shrinking the size of government, reducing spending, balancing the budget and reducing the debt. This is what the Tea Party stands for. They didn't support Romney in the primaries and are going to struggle with him now.

Or,

You could read his words

and interpret them to mean he is for international trade and commerce, and might be prone to getting Government off the backs of companies so that they can make profits and bring them home, rather than try to turn America into a cloistered, isolationist nation. He just might realize that passing the same money around in a closed circle is not the way to economically expand our nation and that we need to "import" some wealth and cease being a debtor nation.

He might realize, in the world of today, in order to have international trade we have to be smart enough to learn the lessons from our past success and keep the "global commons" free and safe so the commerce can proceed unimpeded by rogue nations and piracy of all types.

sbhaven
07-04-2012, 07:07
Leaders like to rattle their sabers against foreign countries to distract their citizens from troubles internal to their country. Problem with rattling your saber against middle east countries is there is no telling how the other side will react.

Obama has already given an indication of what he will probably do between now and November in an attempt to garner more voters. He'll simply tell his various departments to ignore or bypass laws that his base, and those he is trying to swing over, hate. The church/birth control and his recent opinion on immigration were just the opening salvos. The only way Obama wins in November is to keep the Republicans focused on social issues. And the MSM has his back in keeping the Republicans focused on social issues.

Cavalry Doc
07-04-2012, 07:07
Who would want an incompetent, enemy alien running our side of the war ? ... :steamed:

Just a guess........... Iran?

beforeobamabans
07-04-2012, 07:32
If you watched the 60 Minutes piece on our cyber attack against the Iranian nuclear industry, you realize why the administration isn't hyperventilating over Iran developing the bomb. Let's just hope they are never smart enough to return the favor.

hogfish
07-04-2012, 08:08
I might be for war against Iran...or against it. It all depends on whether it's a Democrat or a Republican declaring it. Yes, sir.

:freak:

SPIN2010
07-04-2012, 08:17
I am sure the pantsuit qeen already has our surrender plans layed out, per the kenyan.

They both will call in the UN for help. :puking:

Cavalry Doc
07-04-2012, 08:46
I might be for war against Iran...or against it. It all depends on whether it's a Democrat or a Republican declaring it. Yes, sir.

:freak:

Guessing that is sarcasm.

The real question, is what is really happening. Most of the real important facts will be secret. Is Iran building a nuke, and will they hold onto it in as a deterrent, or will they follow their religion and try to achieve their destiny.

Interesting pickle the world is in at the moment. No way for me to tell which is the right choice, I don't get classified intel anymore, and have not for several years now. The only think I am absolutely certain of, is if Iran ever detonates a Nuke outside of their own borders, I'm going to wish someone had stopped them, maybe even nuked them first.

The world is a very interesting place.

hogfish
07-04-2012, 09:11
Guessing that is sarcasm.

The real question, is what is really happening. Most of the real important facts will be secret. Is Iran building a nuke, and will they hold onto it in as a deterrent, or will they follow their religion and try to achieve their destiny.

Interesting pickle the world is in at the moment. No way for me to tell which is the right choice, I don't get classified intel anymore, and have not for several years now. The only think I am absolutely certain of, is if Iran ever detonates a Nuke outside of their own borders, I'm going to wish someone had stopped them, maybe even nuked them first.

The world is a very interesting place.

Agreed. :wavey:

aircarver
07-04-2012, 09:28
... Most of the real important facts will be secret.

.... and in the real world, no way would Obamao ever get a clearance ... :steamed:

ModGlock17
07-04-2012, 09:33
If you watched the 60 Minutes piece on our cyber attack against the Iranian nuclear industry, you realize why the administration isn't hyperventilating over Iran developing the bomb. Let's just hope they are never smart enough to return the favor.

Just a quick visit about Wikileak, the discloser of our classified info:

We have the cyber capability to cripple Iran's nuclear development computer. Don't you think we have the capability to cyber shutdown Wikileak if we wanted to.

I am suggesting that elements of the admin. did use Wikileak as an outlet to intentionally "out" classified information that hurt the US, present and future. Look at the big picture to all that had been done: it's a definite pattern of what they do.:steamed:

Cavalry Doc
07-04-2012, 09:34
.... and in the real world, no way would Obamao ever get a clearance ... :steamed:

If he were not the president, I agree. He would not have been eligible for a clearance simply because of his past associations with the weather underground. That would have forked up any chance he had for anything above secret.

But, since he is the president, he is getting the briefs. He knows what our intelligence agencies think they know.

Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

aircarver
07-04-2012, 09:37
But, since he is the president, he is getting the briefs. He knows what our intelligence agencies think they know.

Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

You think the old line intelligence community tells him everything ? I would hope not.

Jerry
07-04-2012, 09:38

Liberal MORONS. And just plain MORONS.

But he was the one, the only one, the grate ONE that got Ben Laton. At lease if you listen to him. :upeyes:

Cavalry Doc
07-04-2012, 09:53
You think the old line intelligence community tells him everything ? I would hope not.

Depends on what you mean by "everything". No, they probably don't discuss the captured car IED maker in Afghanistan, and how they are tracking down his source of components, but yes, I do think they are giving him what they know about CINC level intel, and giving him their best advice.

Elections have consequences.

Jerry
07-04-2012, 10:16
http://youtu.be/Z6QOscKvUjU

http://youtu.be/tCAffMSWSzY

cowboy1964
07-04-2012, 11:28
Obama admits he's a Muslim... then rains hellfire on them from drones.

:whistling:

Jerry
07-04-2012, 11:37

They have been killing each other and torturing and murdering their women for centuries. So what's the point of your post? :dunno:

I wonder how many Muslims were in the trade center the day the buildings came down.

He's a narcissist. He will do anything to anyone to say hey look at me I'm soooooooo grate. Did you hear any of his speeches after the "Seals" killed Ben Laden. I did it. I sent them in. I did what Bush couldn't. I! I! I! :upeyes:

Do you believe he just wants to be ruler the US or perhaps he aspires to be more.

countrygun
07-04-2012, 11:42

That "Iran/Iraq War" thing, it was Jewish propoganda.:upeyes:

Jerry
07-04-2012, 11:53
That "Iran/Iraq War" thing, it was Jewish propoganda.:upeyes:

Darn them Jews. They're always starting trouble. :rofl: