In sl valley, WHERE do u shoot in summer? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : In sl valley, WHERE do u shoot in summer?

GlockPaperScissors
07-03-2012, 23:33
Wow we lack ranges in utah. Everybody heads to the desert, but now shooters are being blamed for every fire and restrictions mean we can't use the desert anymore. Commercial ranges are kinda expensive. I've stopped shooting for the summer.

avenues165
07-04-2012, 17:07
I usually go to the range in Bountiful up on the hill, I think it is run by the Lion's Club. Range fee is $6.00. I try to go when they are not busy. With a ban in place there will be more people there than normal. There is also a range up Parley's Canyon that I want to try. I do not know how much they charge.

I have a very hard time believing that the fires have been caused by responsible target shooters. I have shot many thousands of rounds in the desert, often in hot, dry summers, and have never seen a gun cause a fire. Don't shoot steel rounds, tannerite, or tracers and you'll be fine. If the fires were caused by target shooters I would think it would be the result of discarded cigarettes or other carelessness, not the discharge of firearms.

GlockPaperScissors
07-06-2012, 13:43
I usually go to the range in Bountiful up on the hill, I think it is run by the Lion's Club. Range fee is $6.00. I try to go when they are not busy. With a ban in place there will be more people there than normal. There is also a range up Parley's Canyon that I want to try. I do not know how much they charge.

I have a very hard time believing that the fires have been caused by responsible target shooters. I have shot many thousands of rounds in the desert, often in hot, dry summers, and have never seen a gun cause a fire. Don't shoot steel rounds, tannerite, or tracers and you'll be fine. If the fires were caused by target shooters I would think it would be the result of discarded cigarettes or other carelessness, not the discharge of firearms.
Wow avenues, that would cost me more in gasoline than it's worth. There is nowhere to shoot in the south valley. The south valley has been settled by lefty loony richie rich commiefornia transplants, and that's why it's all planned communist communities and no shooting ranges. If you're driving all the way from slc to bountiful, just to shoot, then wow. That just proves my point that we desperately need ranges for citizens. BTW, bountiful isn't in the sl valley since it's several cities north of sl and isn't in the valley.

thetoastmaster
10-13-2012, 18:36
True, there is not a real-deal rifle range in Salt Lake County.

What folks need to do is convince Lee Kay to tear out those concrete benches for a nice grass berm, so we can shoot offhand, kneeling, sitting, and prone.

Bench shooting pisses me off.