07-04-2012, 17:11
Is that bed room talk?

Not this time.

Angry Fist
07-04-2012, 17:13
What did you have in mind?

Soonerbldr
07-04-2012, 17:15
I want the savage .338 Lapua rifle I saw at Bass Pro yesterday. If I would have had 1300 it would be in my safe now...

Jason D
07-04-2012, 17:16
Now if you are talking about the gun you would splurge on...
I did that with my M1A. Money being no option. They would be WWI and WWII automatics.

ChicagoZman
07-04-2012, 17:26
Never had a desire to shoot shaving cream.
http://www.bobdickason.com/p_real/splurge/sfxsplurge.php

Angry Fist
07-04-2012, 17:33
I would go all out on a BAR.

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/browning-automatic-rifle.jpg

CBennett
07-04-2012, 17:42
Who wants one?

Im GETTING one a M1 Garand..paperwork goes out tomorrow. I had thought to get a M1a but I just could not come up with one at a DECENT price...if anyone knows of 1 at a REASONABLE price(the base or scout model preferably wood stock) let me know NOW my CMP paperwork goes out tomorrow by noon.

WiskyT
07-04-2012, 17:44
What did you have in mind?

A Splurge gun.

WiskyT
07-04-2012, 17:44
Im GETTING one a M1 Garand..paperwork goes out tomorrow.

That's a great gun, but not a Splurge gun.

WiskyT
07-04-2012, 17:47

While I can't find any thing to support it one way or the other. I always figured it was whipped cream. Who would shoot a 13yo future superstar in the face with shaving cream?

CBennett
07-04-2012, 18:07
That's a great gun, but not a Splurge gun.

it is to me ive never spent more than $400-425 on a gun in my life...so this is significantly more so it IS a splurge gun for me. maybe not for you but is for me. This will most likely be the most expensive gun I ever buy or own..ive never had this much to spend or spent this much on a gun B4 and dont plan on spending this much ever again.

jakebrake
07-04-2012, 18:35
oooohhhh....i hear ya. if i could scrape the coin up, a 408 chey tac....

what, 4500 for the rifle, $7 a round?

deadite
07-04-2012, 19:12
I'd like to have a Guncrafter Industries #3 Commander sized 1911 in 50GI.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Wyoming
07-04-2012, 19:14
I would go all out on a BAR.

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/browning-automatic-rifle.jpg

That would be one my splurges! :thumbsup:

I pretty much have gathered up all the splurge guns that I can afford.

Dawolf
07-04-2012, 19:30
My splurge gun would be a Kimber "Classic Select Grade" rifle (.257 Roberts).

45caldan
07-04-2012, 19:35
it is to me ive never spent more than $400-425 on a gun in my life...so this is significantly more so it IS a splurge gun for me. maybe not for you but is for me. This will most likely be the most expensive gun I ever buy or own..ive never had this much to spend or spent this much on a gun B4 and dont plan on spending this much ever again.

:cool:

bac1023
07-04-2012, 20:39
Is that bed room talk?

:rofl::rofl:

Zombie Steve
07-04-2012, 21:25
Nosler custom model 48 in .300 short mag.

hogship
07-04-2012, 21:35
For me, this would be a "splurge gun":
http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/294727000/294727119/pix448692102.jpg

Gregg702
07-04-2012, 22:47
I would love a snub nosed Python, or any Python for that matter.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 04:04
Only one poster stayed on topic and even after he gave everyone a link to the topic, all other posters still failed.

Obviously no one wants a Splurge gun because they have no idea WTF it is and are too busy posting their gun owning fantasies or disinterested to find out.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01188/arts-graphics-film_1188437a.jpg

Bruce M
07-05-2012, 05:55
I have no desire to have a having shaving cream gun. If it shot tapioca pudding or whipped cream cheese I might consider it...

Berto
07-05-2012, 11:21
They don't make splurge guns like they used to, so no way.

Metal Angel
07-05-2012, 11:32
I want an Hk rifle of some sort... Like a G36C or something.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 15:37
I have no desire to have a having shaving cream gun. If it shot tapioca pudding or whipped cream cheese I might consider it...

I think most of the online stuff about them centers on the idea of making a Splurge gun and using shaving cream. But the real Splurge guns had to use something like whipped cream since they were blasting people in the face with open eyes with them. In this day and age, banana cream would be easy to do, especially since I'm a reloader.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 15:38
They don't make splurge guns like they used to, so no way.

Classic.

J_P
07-05-2012, 15:42
For me some type of Battle Rifle..... FAL, Hk-91, etc., etc.... Maybe even an awesome .308 ar-15 bulid.

tuica
07-05-2012, 15:46
Colt SAA with Wells Fargo (WF&Co.) roll mark. Cheers.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 15:48
For me some type of Battle Rifle..... FAL, Hk-91, etc., etc.... Maybe even an awesome .308 ar-15 bulid.

To shoot coconut cream pies?

concretefuzzynuts
07-05-2012, 15:49
I've always found antique firearms fascinating. I wouldn't mind finding one of these:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/apache-gun2.jpg
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/apache-gun.jpg

"Amazing mostly through its original look, because in terms of effectiveness, Apache was more of a toy-gun.

Popular as a self-defense weapon, at the end of the 19th century, the Apache was a small weapon, measuring only 4 cm across, when folded. The blade, if we can even call it that, was only a little over 3 cm long, and very thin. If you were to stab someone with that thing, you would get yourself in even more trouble as that would only piss him off.

In terms of firepower, the Apache isnít much stronger than it is in close quarter combat, the short nozzle and the fact that the hammer doesnít hit the back of the cartridge, like it does in modern weapons, made it pretty week.

The knuckle-duster-like handle had such tiny finger holes that only the skinniest could fit in, so itís no surprise the Apache didnít make a big impact as a weapon. It did have in interesting design though, so it became a collectible. Most of the ones left today are plated with gold and sell for no less than $4,000"

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 15:57
It's amazing how self-centered some people are. They are so wrapped up in their own fantasies that they don't even bother to read what this thread is about.

If it's not too much to ask, please stay remotely on topic. If you want to prattle on about off-beat guns that you've always wanted, start a thread about them. This thread is about Splurge guns.

boomhower
07-05-2012, 16:50
It's amazing how self-centered some people are. They are so wrapped up in their own fantasies that they don't even bother to read what this thread is about.

If it's not too much to ask, please stay remotely on topic. If you want to prattle on about off-beat guns that you've always wanted, start a thread about them. This thread is about Splurge guns.

The OP could have been clearer about WTH he was talking about. From the looks of things most folks here have no clue what a Splurge gun is.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 17:03
The OP could have been clearer about WTH he was talking about. From the looks of things most folks here have no clue what a Splurge gun is.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

It was clear in the first post. It was clarified further in several posts after. It even includes pictures, and yet some glance right over that in their zeal to tell us what they want to talk about.

Gregg702
07-05-2012, 17:10
It was clear in the first post. It was clarified further in several posts after. It even includes pictures, and yet some glance right over that in their zeal to tell us what they want to talk about.

The first post wasn't clear at all. All it says is "Who wants one?". Just because you can't articulate yourself, doesn't mean others are self-centered. :wavey:

Angry Fist
07-05-2012, 17:15
The splurge gun seems novelty and all, but I'd rather buy the Saiga 12 golf ball launcher kit from Jim and Bill here.

ChicagoZman
07-05-2012, 17:16
Used to make devices to shoot shaving cream in the college dorm, but they generally involved rubber tubing and a clamp of some sort to act as a fire control device.

Strictly one shot "weapons" and of limited use defensively as they could not be readily concealed. The Splurge gun would have been a more useful alternative.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 17:37
The splurge gun seems novelty and all, but I'd rather buy the Saiga 12 golf ball launcher kit from Jim and Bill here.

That sounds interesting. Can you post any link or info? If it would fire Napoleons, it could be a winner.

countrygun
07-05-2012, 18:16
Only one poster stayed on topic and even after he gave everyone a link to the topic, all other posters still failed.

Obviously no one wants a Splurge gun because they have no idea WTF it is and are too busy posting their gun owning fantasies or disinterested to find out.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01188/arts-graphics-film_1188437a.jpg

Uhm, sure, up to this point I will bet a lot of people thought you were using the actual definition of the word "splurge"
"1splurge

noun \ˈsplərj\

Definition of SPLURGE

: an ostentatious effort, display, or expenditure "

Those silly people. You were perfectly correct to verbally spank them for not being on you frequency and understanding that you were using some slang or commercial term, they may have never heard the term used as you meant it, shame on them:upeyes:

concretefuzzynuts
07-05-2012, 18:19

Dick? Is that you, Dick?

Trey83
07-05-2012, 18:26
It's silly to assume everyone knows what a splurge gun is and then get upset when people get "offtopic" in your vague thread. This thread fails.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 18:28
Uhm, sure, up to this point I will bet a lot of people thought you were using the actual definition of the word "splurge"
"1splurge

noun \ˈsplərj\

Definition of SPLURGE

: an ostentatious effort, display, or expenditure "

Those silly people. You were perfectly correct to verbally spank them for not being on you frequency and understanding that you were using some slang or commercial term, they may have never heard the term used as you meant it, shame on them:upeyes:

Silly indeed, since it was spelled out less than one hour into the start of this thread. Even with a link, those silly people missed the topic.

And then there are those who are argumentative to boot.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 18:30
It's silly to assume everyone knows what a splurge gun is and then get upset when people get "offtopic" in your vague thread. This thread fails.

Here it is, less than an hour into the thread:

Zman got it, explained it, and posted a link to make it even more clear.

CBennett
07-05-2012, 18:34
Silly indeed, since it was spelled out less than one hour into the start of this thread. Even with a link, those silly people missed the topic.

yes and to some the EXPENDITURE part is what comes in...just because you dont think $1000 is expensive its something id only ever spend once in a lifetime on a gun so to me $1000 is a Splurge

Trey83
07-05-2012, 18:41
Here it is, less than an hour into the thread:

Zman got it, explained it, and posted a link to make it even more clear.

And yet it wasn't even you that clarified what your own thread was about. It was obvious by the first few responses that people didn't know what you were talking about.

I couldn't care less how vague you are, but to snap at people for not being on topic after being so vague is just asinine.

countrygun
07-05-2012, 18:53

That makes as much sense as if you had posted a thread about wanting to buy an M-2 Browning, and then railing at people for their responses because you meant one of the minature coffee table cigarette lighters.:upeyes:

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 18:56
And yet it wasn't even you that clarified what your own thread was about. It was obvious by the first few responses that people didn't know what you were talking about.

I couldn't care less how vague you are, but to snap at people for not being on topic after being so vague is just asinine.

It's not vague. The Splurge gun is clearly a Splurge gun. I find threads all the time talking about things that I haven't heard of. I either pass over them, look them up in a search, or ask about it in the thread.

By your logic, I could start a thread about the Gyrojet and it would be fine for posters to tell us about how they always wanted an original 1873 Winchester without relating it to the Gyrojet in any way.

Trey83
07-05-2012, 18:59
Oh and my splurge gun would be a Ted Yost custom 1911.
http://gastatic.com/UserImages/109304/933807156/wm_1387517.jpg

As for the whip cream splurge gun.... No thanks. It wouldn't be good for much other than office parties.

Trey83
07-05-2012, 19:04
It's not vague. The Splurge gun is clearly a Splurge gun. I find threads all the time talking about things that I haven't heard of. I either pass over them, look them up in a search, or ask about it in the thread.

By your logic, I could start a thread about the Gyrojet and it would be fine for posters to tell us about how they always wanted an original 1873 Winchester without relating it to the Gyrojet in any way.

You're correct to a point. I should have used the word ambiguous, since your OP was so easily interpreted as two different topics. Either way your OP was confusing.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 19:04
That makes as much sense as if you had posted a thread about wanting to buy an M-2 Browning, and then railing at people for their responses because you meant one of the minature coffee table cigarette lighters.:upeyes:

Dude, seriously, I know you got butt hurt in the other thread, but coming in here and just arguing over and over for the sake of some kind of internet vendetta is really low class. Give it a rest, find a thread that you would enjoy, and post in that. Start your own thread about something you find interesting. It's easy and it costs nothing.

Angry Fist
07-05-2012, 19:08
That sounds interesting. Can you post any link or info? If it would fire Napoleons, it could be a winner.
I looked, but there are no active links. You might try Bill Powell or xsiv4s... :dunno: I hate to think I missed out. I'm buying a Spike's HAVOC this week, and wanted one of those too.

hogship
07-05-2012, 19:08
OK.......I didn't know what the OP was talking about!:embarassed:

Words do have meaning, and many of the posters were taking the word "splurge" to mean something elaborate for them, or unnecessary. Personally, I've found those who responded to the word, and not the term, to have the more interesting subsequent posts, overall........:wavey:

ooc

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 19:10
You're correct to a point. I should have used the word ambiguous, since your OP was so easily interpreted as two different topics. Either way your OP was confusing.

I don't mind valid criticism. Yours is valid. I really didn't think I was the only one who new what it was and always wanted one.

WiskyT
07-05-2012, 19:22
I looked, but there are no active links. You might try Bill Powell or xsiv4s... :dunno: I hate to think I missed out. I'm buying a Spike's HAVOC this week, and wanted one of those too.

The Havoc looks cool. The Splurge bares a striking resemblance to the Manville Projectile Launcher. Here it is in another great gun movie:

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/0/0d/DogsOfWarManville.jpg

Angry Fist
07-05-2012, 19:34
The side opening HAVOC:

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/images/prodimg/STH0911.jpg

Will fit nicely on my S.P.L.U.R.G.E. :supergrin:

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz13/MO_FUGGAZ/100_3822-1.jpg

countrygun
07-05-2012, 19:41
Dude, seriously, I know you got butt hurt in the other thread, but coming in here and just arguing over and over for the sake of some kind of internet vendetta is really low class. Give it a rest, find a thread that you would enjoy, and post in that. Start your own thread about something you find interesting. It's easy and it costs nothing.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

I could give a **** about the other thread, and in fact I opened this thread when it was about one post old and pulled up a picture of my idea of what you might have been talking about. I was ready to post it up but then realized that you had a problem with your communication skills and didn't actually mean what 90% of people would think from your thread title.

I came to the conclusion that either,

You were suffering from a momentary attack of ignorance and loss of communication skills

or

you did it deliberately to bait people so you could puff up and get snotty.

"It's amazing how self-centered some people are. They are so wrapped up in their own fantasies that they don't even bother to read what this thread is about."

You talking about someone else being self centered is sad. You use a slang term, that obviously wasn't recognized by a majority of the posters, because the term HAS a common proper use, and you call others "self-centered"?

you must live on your own planet.

J_P
07-06-2012, 09:43

I could give a **** about the other thread, and infact I opened this thread when it was about one post old and pulled up a picture of my idea of what you might have been talking about. I was ready to post it up but then realized that you had a problem with you communicatin skills and didn't actually mean what 90% of people would think from your thread title.

You were suffering from a momentary attack of ignorance and loss of communication skills

or

"It's amazing how self-centered some people are. They are so wrapped up in their own fantasies that they don't even bother to read what this thread is about."

You talking about someone else being self centered is sad. You use a slang term, that obviously wasn't recognized by a majority of the posters, because the term HAS a common proper use, and you call others "self-centered"?

Great post!!!! To the OP.. I still want an FAL!! Lmfao like he said so I can shoot coconut cream pies??? Yeah dude because some of us actually shoot are guns.

G36's Rule
07-06-2012, 14:27
Thread failure,

Complete!

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 14:33
Thread failure,

Complete!

How is it a failure?

Gregg702
07-06-2012, 14:33
Thread failure,

Complete!

We are the failures, since we couldn't figure out that OP clearly meant a shaving cream gun when he asked "Splurge Gun... Who wants one?". I mean, how could he have possibly been more clear?

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 14:43

I could give a **** about the other thread, and in fact I opened this thread when it was about one post old and pulled up a picture of my idea of what you might have been talking about. I was ready to post it up but then realized that you had a problem with your communication skills and didn't actually mean what 90% of people would think from your thread title.

or

It's truly a gift to be able to call someone ignorant and lacking in communication skills when you post gibberish like this.

This is a gem:

You use a slang term, that obviously wasn't recognized by a majority of the posters, because the term HAS a common proper use, and you call others "self-centered"?

A proper use of a SLANG term? Slang is the deliberate IMPROPER use of a language. Never mind the fact that "Splurge Gun" isn't slang.

What you are really trying to say, but are too befuddled and busy trying to run me down to say clearly, is that I posted about a topic that you didn't understand.

CBennett
07-06-2012, 14:48
We are the failures, since we couldn't figure out that OP clearly meant a shaving cream gun when he asked "Splurge Gun... Who wants one?". I mean, how could he have possibly been more clear?

when the op tries to make his criteria for a splurge be the same for everyone..for me a splurge IS $1000+ when i said a m1(correct grade at $1200)Garand i was told thats not a splurge...thats the op's opinion..to me it is...the op made the post but isnt any deciding factor on what would be or would not be a splurge for any 1 person...heck for my 12 year old a $400 .22lr is a splurge gun...

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 14:49

I wouldn't call that a fail. It's a misunderstanding. The remarkable aspect is that after it was pointed out what I was talking about, by myself and others, people just kept posting about what was important to them. It's not even the fact that they missed the point, it's that their posts consisted of "I want, I want".

Also comical is how a guy who is still pissed off about not getting complete agreement with his opinion in a separate, prior thread, came in here and tried to pee on this one.

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 14:57
when the op tries to make his criteria for a splurge be the same for everyone..for me a splurge IS $1000+ when i said a m1(correct grade at $1200)Garand i was told thats not a splurge...thats the op's opinion..to me it is...the op made the post but isnt any deciding factor on what would be or would not be a splurge for any 1 person...heck for my 12 year old a $400 .22lr is a splurge gun...

Take a deep breath, and read the thread. A Splurge gun has nothing to do with the concept of "splurging" on a gun. Do your profession proud, and actually look at what is in front of you. I posted pictures of it, a link has been posted about it.

I'll make it as clear as I can, but I can't guarantee you'll understand it. The Splurge gun is an imaginary weapon featured in the movie "Bugsy Malone", which was made in 1976. If after seeing what a Splurge gun does in the movie, you don't want one, you can post to that effect, or not.

Frankly, with all the commercial interest in "Supersoaker" type water guns, Nurf guns, and other types of toys, I'm surprised at the lack of interest in a magazine fed, custard shooting, "gun" by the posters in this thread.

concretefuzzynuts
07-06-2012, 14:58
Who the f cares anymore!

hogship
07-06-2012, 15:00
The remarkable aspect is that after it was pointed out what I was talking about, by myself and others, people just kept posting about what was important to them.

Not remarkable at all, WiskyT........ It's easily understood why this happened, once you realize a lot of people post a response after having only read the original post. I do the same thing quite often.......only then do I read the rest of the thread. Sometimes I don't bother to read the whole thread because I don't really care to invest the time in it. Call it what you will, but it's a pretty common thing to do.

Personally, I don't think the thread was ruined at all. The "misguided" posts contributed to the interest level, overall..........:supergrin:

ooc

G36's Rule
07-06-2012, 15:03
How is it a failure?

Two possible choices:

#1 - Your true topic, the whip cream gun, was totally ignored because your OP was obscure.

#2 - You were trolling to make a point, and got called on it.

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 15:04
From a guy who criticizes my ability to communicate, here is an example of his superior communications skills. This:

I have both here and the 686 ended up with a very nice trigger. Accuracy wise, I still have to give it to the Python although I prefer the Smith action.

BTW I am aslo less than thrilled about the Python copy barrel and extra weight in the Smith.

For fun, compare the weight of a 4" 686 and a 4" 629. As a handloader I know which I'd rather carry for a number of reasons.

Is actually the EDITED version of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I have both here and the 686 ended up with a very nice trigger. accuracy wise, I still have to give it to the Python although I prefer the Smith action.

BTW I am aslo lees that thrilled about the Python copy barrel and extra weight in the Smith.

For fun, compare the weight of a 4" 686 and a 4" 629. As a handloader I know which I'd rather carry for a number of reasons.

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 15:08
Not remarkable at all, WiskyT........ It's easily understood why this happened, once you realize a lot of people post a response after having only read the original post. I do the same thing quite often.......only then do I read the rest of the thread. Sometimes I don't bother to read the whole thread because I don't really care to invest the time in it. Call it what you will, but it's a pretty common thing to do.

Personally, I don't think the thread was ruined at all. The "misguided" posts contributed to the interest level, overall..........:supergrin:

ooc

Yeah, casual following of a post isn't remarkable. Heck, it's the way it's supposed to be. GTalk isn't brain surgery and it's not supposed to be. It's the repetitive aspect of it, and how the default for missing the point is "I want".

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 15:12
Two possible choices:

#1 - Your true topic, the whip cream gun, was totally ignored because your OP was obscure.

#2 - You were trolling to make a point, and got called on it.

#1- The true topic was initially missed, but the thread was put on track in post #7, 45 minutes or so after the start of the thread.

#2- That's it! I set a diabolical trap to draw people into making off-topic posts so I could then argue about it. Like you have to TRY to get people to post off-topic in an internet forum. Did you stay up all night figuring out my true motivation:rofl:

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 15:16
Who the f cares anymore!

You do realize that you are not REQUIRED to follow this thread? There is no shortage of threads on this board where you can give your valuable input. I'm sure they need people to post the work "dick" in GNG.

4 glocks
07-06-2012, 15:38
#1- The true topic was initially missed, but the thread was put on track in post #7, 45 minutes or so after the start of the thread.

#2- That's it! I set a diabolical trap to draw people into making off-topic posts so I could then argue about it. Like you have to TRY to get people to post off-topic in an internet forum. Did you stay up all night figuring out my true motivation:rofl:

From most of your post I have read for quite some time you seem to like to stur the pot.

Batesmotel
07-06-2012, 15:41
Great movie.

Trey83
07-06-2012, 16:11
This thread hasn't been locked yet? :rofl:

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 16:19
Great movie.

Yes, it is. And it's forgotten about. Tell me this please. Were you thinking of this movie before you saw this thread? Having found this thread, did it remind you of how much you liked the movie? Are you debating watching it now that you've seen this thread? How many decades has it been since you've seen it last?

It's a lot of questions, and I'm not looking to grill you, I was just interested if you thought the same things about the movie as I do. I was looking for a book the other day and found a dusty old VHS cassette. I know, I'm a troll for talking about VHS cassettes since there will be some on here that don't know what they are. Anyway, it was Bugsy Malone. I found the only VHS player in the house and my 5yo son and I watched it. I think I liked it more than he did, but he liked Jodi Foster as much as I did when I was a kid and watched it.

Back on topic:supergrin:..Do you want a Splurge gun?

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 16:25
From most of your post I have read for quite some time you seem to like to stur the pot.

I have over 9,000 posts and have been on here for 10 years. You should read more of my posts.

Trey83
07-06-2012, 16:43
This movie is a little before my time so I haven't seen it. That would explain why I didn't understand the original post.

Oh and what the heck is a VHS?

JK I'm not that young.

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 16:49
This movie is a little before my time so I haven't seen it. That would explain why I didn't understand the original post.

Oh and what the heck is a VHS?

JK I'm not that young.

I don't know if it would be that great watching it for the first time as an adult. Also, what we thought was great in the 70's, is played out by now. But, it is a good movie even without my nostalgia tinted glasses, so you might want to check it out.

If you really want to see some long forgotten home video "technology", search for "laserdisc" and "betamax".

barth
07-06-2012, 17:21
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo55/99/40/f374b88acf5b__1341504055000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

countrygun
07-06-2012, 17:36
When you decide to "splurge" you should buy a gun you have wanted since childhood.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/000_0007_3.jpg

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 17:40
When you decide to "splurge" you should buy a gun you have wanted since childhood.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/000_0007_3.jpg

You just can't let it go can you? Well, at least we know who the trolls are don't we?

countrygun
07-06-2012, 17:42
You just can't let it go can you? Well, at least we know who the trolls are don't we?

Just trying to turn your trainwreck into a useful thread.

GWG19
07-06-2012, 17:43
Splurge gun, are they all not splurge guns?
Any how I just bought one.

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 17:46
Just trying to turn your trainwreck into a useful thread.

No, you lost your little pissing contest that you started and now are being a troll. It's an improvement though, since I notice that when you keep your posts to one sentence they are at least in English.

countrygun
07-06-2012, 18:07
No, you lost your little pissing contest that you started and now are being a troll. It's an improvement though, since I notice that when you keep your posts to one sentence they are at least in English.

You seem to be the one hung up about other issues. Seems to me you have the butthurt problem.

I just decided to post up the picture I set up when I thought this thread was going to make sense.

Talk about problems with English???? 75% of the posters in this thread didn't know what your thread title was about and you didn't even have the sense to clear it up in your OP.

Then you proceeded to get snarky with folks.

dude, you got issues.

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 18:16
You seem to be the one hung up about other issues. Seems to me you have the butthurt problem.

I just decided to post up the picture I set up when I thought this thread was going to make sense.

Talk about problems with English???? 75% of the posters in this thread didn't know what your thread title was about and you didn't even have the sense to clear it up in your OP.

Then you proceeded to get snarky with folks.

dude, you got issues.

So you were just browsing along, found a thread you thought would be interesting, decided the thread wasn't what you thought it was, and then proceeded to post nonsense after you determined the thread didn't interest you. That would make your posts trolling. You came into this thread and trolled.

And snarky would be your conduct in the other thread. In that thread, you tried the same crap after you found that some people in it didn't agree with you. You spouted out semi-literate insults until several people called you out on it.

It's obvious what you are doing here. You came into this thread for the sole purpose of causing a poop storm. That is trolling. You are a troll.

ChicagoZman
07-06-2012, 18:17
If I hadn't done a Google search of "Splurge Gun", I still wouldn't know what one was. Now that I do know, I also know I don't really want one, have never seen the movie and have no desire to see the movie.

Nevertheless, in Wisky's defense, it was pretty clear in the original post that he was referring to something other than a "Dream Gun", as he had capitalized the words Splurge and Gun. Which was why I Google searched the term in the first place.

Carry On.

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 18:20
If I hadn't done a Google search of "Splurge Gun", I still wouldn't know what one was. Now that I do know, I also know I don't really want one, have never seen the movie and have no desire to see the movie.

Nevertheless, in Wisky's defense, it was pretty clear in the original post that he was referring to something other than a "Dream Gun", as he had capitalized the words Splurge and Gun. Which was why I Google searched the term in the first place.

Carry On.

Thanks. That's all I'm doing here. I'm talking about the Splurge gun.

bigg_guns78
07-06-2012, 18:50
My splurge gun would have to be the pulse rifle from Aliens!!!

CBennett
07-06-2012, 19:07
Take a deep breath, and read the thread. A Splurge gun has nothing to do with the concept of "splurging" on a gun. Do your profession proud, and actually look at what is in front of you. I posted pictures of it, a link has been posted about it.

I'll make it as clear as I can, but I can't guarantee you'll understand it. The Splurge gun is an imaginary weapon featured in the movie "Bugsy Malone", which was made in 1976. If after seeing what a Splurge gun does in the movie, you don't want one, you can post to that effect, or not.

Frankly, with all the commercial interest in "Supersoaker" type water guns, Nurf guns, and other types of toys, I'm surprised at the lack of interest in a magazine fed, custard shooting, "gun" by the posters in this thread.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz:upeyes:

WiskyT
07-06-2012, 19:15
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz:upeyes:

So, you're bored and annoyed, but you still post in this thread?

CBennett
07-07-2012, 05:26
So, you're bored and annoyed, but you still post in this thread?

yes, i already gave my answer. Mysplurge gun is the collector grade m1 if they only had them in stock(and yes thats a splurge gun)

Jack23
07-09-2012, 12:36
I have some RILLY nice guns, any of which could be called "splurge guns". But ever since Ruger came out with the SR1911 I have been Jonesing big time for one a them. Actually as long as I'm dreaming I'd like a brace of them in a custom double shoulder holster rig. They are some beautiful 1911s and everything I can read or hear on them is good. SIGH.........

Gertz
07-11-2012, 13:43
it was clear in the first post. It was clarified further in several posts after. It even includes pictures, and yet some glance right over that in their zeal to tell us what they want to talk about.

op mad!!!! Eject!!! Eject!!! Eject!!!!