Rem 870 Police magnum front sight question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rem 870 Police magnum front sight question

xkon
07-04-2012, 18:05
I have a Rem 870 police magnum that came with rifle sights instead of the front bead sight. The front sight recently fell off and I would like to know the best way to reattach it. The front sight can slide back into what looks like the rear dovetail of the glock, however it is loose and can slide right back out. What kind of epoxy or adhesive would be best suited for this task. Thanks

jb1911
07-04-2012, 18:22
JB Weld. This should be in the tactical shotgun forum.

collim1
07-04-2012, 21:38
It happens sometimes. You could have it properly fit by a gunsmith or the JB weld solution posted above would work.

hogship
07-04-2012, 21:39
JB weld is what came to mind for me, too.........it works.

ooc

USSOCOM
07-05-2012, 20:34
You could buy a Trijicon or factory replacement insert and you should not need JB Weld to fix it.

DFin
07-06-2012, 07:58
You could try the blue Locktite or Permatex thread sealer that many people use on screws. If it ever becomes necessary to remove the screws heat will loosen up the sealer. How hard is it to remove JB Weld if the dove tail needs to be removed or replaced later?

jb1911
07-06-2012, 08:53
You could try the blue Locktite or Permatex thread sealer that many people use on screws. If it ever becomes necessary to remove the screws heat will loosen up the sealer. How hard is it to remove JB Weld if the dove tail needs to be removed or replaced later?

The dovetail is the slot, not the part that goes into the slot. Green locktite is what you want for this application.

L Pete
07-06-2012, 14:40
Buy a new sight, and have it "fitted" by a qualified gunsmith.

byf43
07-06-2012, 17:14
JB Weld. This should be in the tactical shotgun forum.

Agree with the JB Weld for a 'home' fix. (Or take to a qualified gunsmith and have him re-attach the sight.)

I completely disagree that this should be in the tactical shotgun forum.

Not once, was the word 'tactical' used. The OP has a general firearms question.

But. . . . I'm not the forum poh-leeeeeese, and it's not my place to say that someone should put anything - anywhere.
But, if it fits. . . . . .

AK74play
07-06-2012, 19:28
Forget the glue. Just take a punch and lightly tap down the dovetail edges and press the sight back in from right to left just like it was installed from the factory, no gunsmith necessary and it will stay in place. Just tap them down enough that it wont slide back in, and you should be able to tap it in place. It will stay with no glue.