Why America is not the greatest country in the world, anymore[VIDEO] [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why America is not the greatest country in the world, anymore[VIDEO]

I0WA
07-04-2012, 23:07
Why America is NOT the greatest country in the world, anymore. - YouTube

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 04:52
Have you bought your tickets yet?

JBnTX
07-05-2012, 06:07
THAT IS PURE BS!!!

That is a TV show that has NOTHING to do with reality.
That video is an insult and a slap in the face to all Americans.

America is, even with all her problems, still the greatest country on Earth.

Don't believe the anti-American BS you see and hear on TV.
Especially from HBO.

Quit watching TV, turn off the computer and go out in this great country and talk to the people that make it great, and you'll understand.

Just because we have some problems, doesn't mean that we're not the greatest country on Earth. All countries have problems.

If you don't love this country and think it's the greatest country on Earth, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

:patriot:

JBnTX
07-05-2012, 06:37
Threads like this just torque my cojones all out of shape.

I've had enough of this gloom and doom, America is over, we're headed for a great collapse of some kind, nonsense.

Our current problems will be fixed.
(Maybe not to your satisfaction, but the country will survive and prosper.)

There's people among us, even on this website, that hate America and openly wish for her destruction.

Those people need to leave this great country by the nearest exit.
And they need to leave today.

What has happened to patriotism and love of country?

Where has your faith gone?
(Oh wait, Never mind. Half of you are atheists and have no faith.)

This is the country that won 2 world wars, survived the Great Depression and defended the world from Soviet aggression. We're still those same great people today.

You should never underestimate the will and resolve of the American people.
This country will prevail and prosper.

With all her problems, this country is still far better than anything
that's in second place.

I0WA
07-05-2012, 07:05
THAT IS PURE BS!!!
That is a TV show that has NOTHING to do with reality.

America is, even with all her problems, still the greatest country on Earth.

Don't believe the anti-American BS you see and hear on TV.
Especially from HBO.

Quit watching TV, turn off the computer and go out in this great country and talk to the people that make it great, and you'll understand.

Just because we have some problems, doesn't mean that we're not the greatest country on Earth. All countries have problems.

If you don't love this country and think it's the greatest country on Earth, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Then how about you answer the question? Why is America, today, the greatest country in the world? It's not. My generation, and the one behind mine, are doomed(unless there is a change, which I am trying to provoke). I can only shake my head at people in my generation that I dub "the entitlement crowd" so many times. I think you fail to realize, that soon these people will be running for congress, and other offices.

And education wise, the general population of America is stupid. All those statistics that he rattled off? Those are all true circa 2010. Hardly reminiscent of the greatest country in the world.

Talking to people (at least in Chicagoland) is a farce. I know there are always exceptions, but most people I encounter have the intelligence equivalent of a cucumber, who can barely even count change back without a calculator or a cash register. And literacy? Forget about it.

Make no mistake, I love my country. I love America. It's why I'm even interested in politics, and why I try to engage my peers nearly every day despite very little response.

Perhaps it's because I'm surrounded by mindless liberals all the time who think the world owes them everything just because they can convert oxygen to CO2.

I don't watch TV, and I don't even subscribe to HBO. I found this clip on another forum, and felt the need to share. We need to wake up and realize the glory days are over.

We're not even the land of the free anymore. Why? Look at NDAA, the TSA, surviellence drones and military deployment on our own soil. Obama signing things into law that make protests(even if the protests themselves are pointless, and without direction or foreseeable resolution) a felony.

Look at police forces in states like Tennessee confiscating "large amounts" of cash on no other suspicion than it might be "drug money", with absolutely no tangible or credible proof than other than the cash being present.

Look at the laws that are being bought and sold by large special interest groups like the MPAA and RIAA that threaten our freedoms just because they won't adapt their business models to modern technology.

Look at the primary school children being arrested and charged with felonies for drawings and plastic butter knives. So much for artistic expression.

Look at the people who cry the wealthy don't pair their fair share, despite those same people who rarely pay any income tax, and some even receive credits instead.

Look at all the American jobs lost because we simply don't have an educated enough workforce to make it feasible.

Look at all the people who are so uninformed they only cast their vote based on political affiliation instead of the issues.

--------------------

I could go on all day like this. America today has a LOT of problems, too many to count.

Is all hope lost? Absolutely not. We need to bring back the American way, where things were worked for and earned instead of handed to them. Where America lead the world in education, and Americans are informed of the issues instead of being oblivious and blinded by American Idol and Jersey Shore.

Where we no longer idolize fools on the tube who are "16 and pregnant" and instead put on our soldiers people who achieve great things.

Where people are not afraid to stand up for their rights so they don't have to be groped to board an airplane, and now train stations and even highways.

You tell me you can look me in the eye and say you truly believe we are the greatest country on Earth TODAY, and I will look back and call you a fool.

I make this post not because I dislike my country. On the contrary, I make this post because I love my country and I'm tired of seeing it go down the toilet because nobody gives a damn.

Quit clinging to the glory of the past and realize we aren't that country today. Not anymore. Not in a country that places more value on "thug life" than real achievements.

JBnTX
07-05-2012, 07:28
Can't see the forest for the trees, can you?

Most of what you listed are isolated incidents that have no bearing on a country's greatness.

Nit noy nit picking at the bottom of the barrel, just trying to find something wrong with this great country.

All countries have problems, but they don't let those problems define them.

And neither should we.

barbedwiresmile
07-05-2012, 07:28
Threads like this just torque my cojones all out of shape.

I've had enough of this gloom and doom, America is over, we're headed for a great collapse of some kind, nonsense.

Our current problems will be fixed.
(Maybe not to your satisfaction, but the country will survive and prosper.)

There's people among us, even on this website, that hate America and openly wish for her destruction.

Those people need to leave this great country by the nearest exit.
And they need to leave today.

What has happened to patriotism and love of country?

Where has your faith gone?
(Oh wait, Never mind. Half of you are atheists and have no faith.)

This is the country that won 2 world wars, survived the Great Depression and defended the world from Soviet aggression. We're still those same great people today.

You should never underestimate the will and resolve of the American people.
This country will prevail and prosper.

With all her problems, this country is still far better than anything
that's in second place.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Go team, go!

I0WA
07-05-2012, 07:38
Can't see the forest for the trees, can you?

Most of what you listed are isolated incidents that have no bearing on a country's greatness.

Nit noy nit picking at the bottom of the barrel, just trying to find something wrong with this great country.

All countries have problems, but they don't let those problems define them.

And neither should we.

If that's the best response you can come with, you're part of the problem. I want an articulate, well thought out, and educated response.

Not "just because I say so! It must be true!", which is in a nutshell what you just said.

JBnTX
07-05-2012, 09:37
If that's the best response you can come with, you're part of the problem. I want an articulate, well thought out, and educated response...

Well since I'm part of the problem, why don't you write that articulate, well thought out, and educated response?

You say you love this country, then just focus on the positive and ignore the negative.

I'm sure you can come up with something.

Since I'm on most people's ignore list, your response will be read by more people if you write it.

Just start out, "Why I love America...".

greyhoundafw
07-05-2012, 10:17
Hate to say it, but video raises some very good points. We do have a lot of problems we need to address and fix. Too many people that feel "entiteled" That said so much of the world hates us because of what our country stands for. Seems to me you don't waste time hating 2nd place. Look at immigration and illeagal aliens. Don't hear much about people sneaking into Canada. We are the #1 destination for illegals for a reason.

Greyhound

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

I0WA
07-05-2012, 10:24
Well since I'm part of the problem, why don't you write that articulate, well thought out, and educated response?

I already did. You still haven't replied, you're avoiding my question

You say you love this country, then just focus on the positive and ignore the negative.

How exactly does burying your head in the sand fix anything?

I'm sure you can come up with something.

Since I'm on most people's ignore list, your response will be read by more people if you write it.

Just start out, "Why I love America...".

I wonder why you think that is? Hmm.

I0WA
07-05-2012, 10:26
Hate to say it, but video raises some very good points. We do have a lot of problems we need to address and fix. Too many people that feel "entiteled" That said so much of the world hates us because of what our country stands for. Seems to me you don't waste time hating 2nd place. Look at immigration and illeagal aliens. Don't hear much about people sneaking into Canada. We are the #1 destination for illegals for a reason.

Greyhound

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

We're #1 for illegals because we give them health care, welfare, food stamps, tax returns on their 8 kids in another country using an ITIN(google it), jobs, and don't hold them accountable for criminal acts.

EDIT: And I forgot, now they're getting Amnesty from Obama. So now they don't even face deportation.

Skyhook
07-05-2012, 11:13
Heh.

I heard the actor spew out numerous nations which are "free" today.. An intelligent gent would know that most, if not all of those owe their 'freedom' to American money, American efforts and American blood.

I agree with JBnTX to a large extent since that vid pegged my BS Meter, also.

Little Joe
07-05-2012, 11:32
THAT IS PURE BS!!!

That's a great point. :thumbsup:

JBnTX
07-05-2012, 11:38
The point I'm trying to make is that we are still a great country.

All of the problems mentioned by IOWA and greyhoundafw are indeed problems and need to be addressed.

Yes this country has serious problems, but they have no bearing on whether or not we're a great country.

Where is it written that a country can only be great if it has no problems?

America has done a thousand times more good in this world than it's ever done bad.

America is a great country and is likely to remain so for the forseeable future.
Even with all our problems.

We're a shining beacon of freedom and liberty for all the world to see.

The "Blame America First" and the other America haters separate themselves from loyal Americans just expressing concern for their country, when they proclaim that America is doomed and condemned to the trash can with no hope of survival or recovery.

You'll never see these people offer a solution to our problems, and they'll quickly beat down and ridicule anyone who does offer a solution.

They want this country knocked face down in the dirt. Many here have said so, when they so proudly proclaim that this country is over and done with. They brag about an inevitable economic collapse of some sort.

Inevitable? Really?

In their minds that what's they want, so they magnify the small problems and present them as the death of the country.

They never give this great country the benefit of the doubt.
They have no faith in the American people.

One only has to open an American history book to realize how wrong the America haters are.

I0WA
07-05-2012, 11:48
The point I'm trying to make is that we are still a great country.

All of the problems mentioned by IOWA and greyhoundafw are indeed problems and need to be addressed.

Yes this country has serious problems, but they have no bearing on whether or not we're a great country.

Where is it written that a country can only be great if it has no problems?

America has done a thousand times more good in this world than it's ever done bad.

America is a great country and is likely to remain so for the forseeable future.
Even with all our problems.

We're a shining beacon of freedom and liberty for all the world to see.

The "Blame America First" and the other America haters separate themselves from loyal Americans just expressing concern for their country, when they proclaim that America is doomed and condemned to the trash can with no hope of survival or recovery.

You'll never see these people offer a solution to our problems, and they'll quickly beat down and ridicule anyone who does offer a solution.

In their minds that what's they want, so they magnify the small problems and present them as the death of the country.

They never give this great country the benefit of the doubt.
They have no faith in the American people.

One only has to open an American history book to realize how wrong the America haters are.

Whoa whoa hold your horses there chief. I never said we weren't a great country, we're still great. I said we aren't the best anymore. We're losing our way.

My goal is to stop this awful trend before it gets out of hand. You have to admit, things are getting worse everyday, it's time for a new direct.

JBnTX
07-05-2012, 11:53
Whoa whoa hold your horses there chief. I never said we weren't a great country, we're still great. I said we aren't the best anymore. We're losing our way.

Today, this thread, at 08:05hrs you posted.

"Why is America, today, the greatest country in the world? It's not."

Our conversation is terminated.

ModGlock17
07-05-2012, 12:45
HEAVEN is better than America !

That's where M believe they will meet their 40 virgins. (because where they live, they can't find one in sight LOL )