Anybody carry a small 9mm OWB under a t-shirt? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody carry a small 9mm OWB under a t-shirt?

FLglockdude
07-04-2012, 23:37
I have a Kahr CM9 that is my daily carry. I have been strickly pocket carrying, but I am looking for other options for when clothing doesn't allow pocket carry.

I was wondering if anybody has been successful carrying that size gun in a Raven Concealment style or leather holster that hugs tight to the body and of so what model holster? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ReyFufuRulesAll
07-04-2012, 23:43
I wouldn't go OWB under just a t-shirt; too high a chance of the shirt riding up and turning CC into OC. You can always go IWB, though. I like the Bianchi Professional for my PPK - comfy enough to wear all day, but easy enought to put on and take off if you need to for whatever reason. Price isnt too bad, either. Not sure if they make one for your Kahr though.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=100

ReyFufuRulesAll
07-04-2012, 23:48
The 9a, for the Kel-Tec p-11, apparently fits just right for the CW9, and its listed as a suggestion for the CM9. From what I can tell, it looks like the W is the same as the M, but with a shightly longer slide and grip. I see no reason that it wouldn't work just as well

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/34689

Sgt.K
07-05-2012, 05:46
I'm looking for an OWB for my PM9. I carry my G26 OWB in Glock holster under one of the Starter moisture wicking T's without any problem. PJ Holsters (http://www.pjholster.com) are highly recommended at Kahr Talk (www.kahrtalk.com). I'm considering this Yagui Slide Style (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261028466941?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649) though I would prefer a kydex. Here is a fellow Glock Talker, EDC Holsters (http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1167&title=custom-kydex-holsters2f-accessories&cat=8) that I am also considering. Right now I'm using a nylon type ankle and have a Remora IWB. Mainly the price is holding me back I would like to spend around $25 or so. I'm not in a rush though because I only carry the PM9 on a very limited basis and OWB is really not an option as it must be completely undetectable. I'm interested in your selection. HTH.

happyguy
07-05-2012, 07:20
G19 or G26 under a t-shirt though I usually carry iwb. Get t-shirts that are made of heavy weight material, not the flimsy stuff.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

failsafe
07-05-2012, 08:10
I carry my KelTec PF9 OWB, while wearing Swim Trunks and a tank top..
I use a JS Holsters, Kydex Paddle...The belt used is a "inner liner" nylon belt, with adjustable velcro...No need for belt loops, just "cinch" up the belt, clip on the paddle, add the PF9 and go..

flieger67
07-05-2012, 08:24
Kahr PM9 in a Blackhawk Check Six. I'm 5'10" and just under 150 lbs. With an untucked shirt, you can't tell I'm carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

t-shooter
07-05-2012, 08:46
I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard that is actually listed to fit the Kahr P9. It has all the attributes you mentioned.

G26AZ
07-05-2012, 08:49
When I carry my Glock 9mm's, it is in the Glock holster under a T-shirt. But, not just any T-shirt. I get the ones from Duluth Trading Co. that are advertised as a "cure for plumber's butt!" They are 3 inches longer than a normal t-shirt, and they are made from a heavier material than regular t-shirts. See them here:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/duluth-ingenuity/mens-longtail-t-shirts/mens-longtail-t-shirts.aspx

rvrctyrngr
07-05-2012, 09:21
Heck, I carry a full-size 9mm (FNS-9) OWB under a Polo shirt (never wear just a t-shirt).

No issues.

collim1
07-05-2012, 09:21
I do daily. Sig P239 in a Don Hume H721 OWB.

It doesn't disappear but is concealed well. If anything it looks like a I-Phone under your shirt.

Your body shape plays a big role with concealing OWB. You also cant wear tight shirts. A polo shirt with a little thicker material breaks up the outline even better.

Some people just cant do it or aren't comfortable with a little bit of printing. The printing is MUCH more obvious to you than to the people around you. Dont worry about, no one is going to notice. OWB is so much more comfortable.

I can and do carry my P226 OWB in A Don Hume H721 under a polo or Tshirt. Try some different holsters and cants until you find the one that works for you.

It doesn't bother me, and I hate IWB carry.

mtnglide
07-05-2012, 09:31
I normally carry a P45 OWB under a cover shirt or jacket. When I am carrying under a T shirt only, I have a CM9 in an IWB N82 Tactical holster. This hides very well and is very comfortable.

RightGlock1
07-05-2012, 09:41
What Collim1 said. You can't conceal well with tight shirts.
I too hate IWB carry. I only do it if wearing a suit. Sig 238 disappears. (I want a 938 really bad!)

I make my own Kydex holsters. I alternate between 3 carry guns; I carry at 2:00-2:30 position. A Kimber Pro Carry II, Glock 27, CZ P07 9mm. I can conceal any of the 3 comfortably. Usually Arrow Traveller shirts or Arrow Vintage look shirts, square cut.
I don't do t-shirts often. When I do, I go to my Sig 238 (I made a small coyote brown holster that hugs really well). I can conceal it and all else pretty easily.

2@low8
07-05-2012, 09:50
I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard that is actually listed to fit the Kahr P9. It has all the attributes you mentioned.

This, with a Sig P238. I don't wear tight fitting t-shirts (MWAG would be the least of my worries). Never had an issue with it hanging up but I don't really care if it does either.

cloudbuster
07-05-2012, 14:27
I frequently carry a G26 in a FIST K2 (http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K2.htm) -- OWB thin kydex high-rise pancake. Works very well. Much more comfortable for me than IWB carry. Don't have to buy my trousers too big!

or226
07-05-2012, 14:47
I OWB my Sig 239 and H&K USPc .45 all the time with just a T shirt in a Galco concealment holster.

ctyler656
07-05-2012, 14:48
I carry my Kahr PM9 in a PJ Holster (kydex IWB) every day and never even know it is there. I usually wear t-shirt and cargo shorts during the summer and have no problem concealing the gun. I looked into the Duluth t-shirts but felt they were a little too big and loose. I wear Eddie Bauer now and have no problem. I am 5'10" and 220. The fat hides the gun...lol

dkf
07-05-2012, 15:39
I OWB carry a G32 under a thin button down shirt on an almost daily basis. Its not that long and the bottom of the shirt is about even with the bottom of the holster with my arms down. Since OC is legal in my state I don't worry about it if the gun shows.

RYNOCG201
07-05-2012, 15:52
I've been carrying my G23 OWB in a zero concealment systems holster under baggy t shirts and some golf polos from target. No issues and very comfortable.

RYNOC

Bruce M
07-05-2012, 16:30
Glock 26 in a OWB belt slide TB holster under a t-shirt weekends. I usually do not wear t-shirts during the week but yesterday I wore a red one with the flag over my USP in a belt holster.

ColdSteelNail
07-05-2012, 16:54
I carry my Kahr PM9 owb under a tee shirt in a Mitch Rosen holster I got from Kahr. It keeps it tight against my body. Sometimes it does print a little but looks more like a cell phone than a pistol. They are a little pricey but it works well for me

shockglock
07-05-2012, 17:19
I have a CM9 that I carry IWB with a Fusion Pak holster most of the time. If I carry OWB I use a Galco G7X Matrix, but I don't carry OWB very much. I think OWB prints a little too much for me. I also worry about my shirt pulling up and exposing the bottom half of the gun. Just my thoughts.

ChrisFB
07-05-2012, 18:35
Really depends on your body type, what you consider tight clothing (like the metrosexual tight look popular among 130lbs teen males trying to look big/buff), and your standards for concealment (invisible at all times/movements or giant honking brick is ok).

A few quick acid tests. Try a Glock and a cheap Glock Sport/Combat holster as nothing really holds closer at 3 o'clock (thread belt outside holster). Put on a t shirt and see how it goes for you. Move around and check the mirror. If you are concerned about the butt protruding when you bend at the waist, you'll need a subcompact glock like a 26 with no extensions ands wear it at or near 3 o'clock (or learn about appendix carry and a G17 can work) .

The only thing thinner than that in a decent pistol (IMO are the single stack Kahrs, Walter, and maybe the new Shield from S&W. A Raven or similar for those or the Glock will all work but the Sport holster is just as concealable for the Glocks and easy/cheap to find.

Turk
07-08-2012, 22:59
I do carry daily. In summer I wear cargo shorts and sleeveless t-shirts or tank tops. I buy the heavy cotton shirts at the big & tall shops and buy them one size bigger than I need. I am 6'-4" @ 315 lbs. and normally wear a 3X t-shirt. So, I buy 4X. I carry either my G-27 or G-36 OWB in a Galco FLETCH holster. It is a high ride, thumb break, leather holster that hides well under an un-tucked t-shirt. Too fat to wear IWB holsters.

Here in Iowa though, occasional flash of the holstered weapon is not a big deal as you can open carry with a permit but it is generally frowned upon.

SCmasterblaster
07-09-2012, 07:11
I carry a G17 IWB at 11 o'clock. Cond 1.

cowboy1964
07-09-2012, 10:57
The MTAC IWB is about as comfortable as any OWB holster I've ever used and in some ways it's even MORE comfortable while obviously being more concealable. With OWB I tend to bang the thing around a lot on seat arm rests and such.

Tommato
07-09-2012, 12:44
I like the Garrett holsters STX model, and use one OWB with an M&P Shield. Rides very close to body and slightly high, with forward cant it is even more concealable. Great under T shirt or loosely worn polos.

Tommato