Here is the hidden 75% tax for the middle class [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Here is the hidden 75% tax for the middle class

Glock30Eric
07-05-2012, 10:47
Welcome to the new America! Home of the slaves!!!

Go USA, Go USA, Go USA!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-real-world-middle-class-tax-rate-75

Sam Spade
07-05-2012, 10:58
What am I supposed to see at your link? Maybe it's just not iPhone friendly, but there's no story there.

boomhower
07-05-2012, 11:06
It's a nut job rant in taxes. In this guys mind your private health insurance is a tax. Don't waters your time even clicking it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jonesee
07-05-2012, 11:11
It's a blog rant playing games with numbers.

He could make the same argument by saying the government takes 100% of your pay because you have to buy food and homes and cars.

JBnTX
07-05-2012, 11:16
Obama must drastically raise taxes to pay for his spending (Healthcare).

That will be his undoing at the polls in November.

GlockPride
07-05-2012, 11:18
Let's not forget about the gas tax, sales tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, tax on your phone, tax on your rental car, tax on your hotel, 'sin tax' on certain goods such as cigarettes and alcohol in some areas, tax to get a license (often called a 'fee') for professions or privileges, penalty taxes such as moving violations and you end up with a group of people that are absolutely sick to death of being taxed unto death and even beyond. And THEN the government can't even stick within the income of all ThESE taxes!!!

Glock30Eric
07-05-2012, 11:22
Let's not forget about the gas tax, sales tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, tax on your phone, tax on your rental car, tax on your hotel, 'sin tax' on certain goods such as cigarettes and alcohol in some areas, tax to get a license (often called a 'fee') for professions or privileges, penalty taxes such as moving violations and you end up with a group of people that are absolutely sick to death of being taxed unto death and even beyond. And THEN the government can't even stick within the income of all ThESE taxes!!!

Exactly, and toll fee.

barbedwiresmile
07-05-2012, 12:46
Eric, you are wasting your time posting ZH articles on GT. We have the over-reaching Leviathan state that we have because Americans WANT it.

Glock30Eric
07-05-2012, 12:54
Eric, you are wasting your time posting ZH articles on GT. We have the over-reaching Leviathan state that we have because Americans WANT it.

BWS, I got it.

cowboy1964
07-05-2012, 13:36
Gee, a worthless "article" on ZeroHedge? :whistling:

Those numbers are completely bogus. For starters, even if you are in the 25% income tax bracket your effective rate is more like 11-12%, if that. You are not taxed at 25% from dollar one.

I really despise intellectual dishonesty.

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 13:42
Welcome to the new America! Home of the slaves!!!

Go USA, Go USA, Go USA!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-real-world-middle-class-tax-rate-75

:rofl::rofl:

marhaba :wavey:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429815&page=5

series1811
07-05-2012, 13:56

At one point, living in Maryland, I totaled my federal income taxes, my state income taxes, my county income taxes, my property taxes, and sales tax, and did find that over half of my income was going to taxes.

It's not that bad where I live now, and one of the reasons I transferred from Maryland, was the huge overall tax rate living there.

certifiedfunds
07-05-2012, 14:05
Actually, the article is dead-spot-on.

He misses the boat a bit on health insurance. It is definitely a tax but the reason it is so expensive is because of government intervention in the market via the Medicare tax. If it weren't for medicare, folks wouldn't need health insurance to deal with day to day healthcare.

Some of you folks would do well to read more on zero hedge

certifiedfunds
07-05-2012, 14:06
I challenge any one of you to point to a single moment in your day that isn't taxed and regulated.

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 14:12
I challenge any one of you to point to a single moment in your day that isn't taxed and regulated.

Regulated? Maybe, but there are times when that regulation is transparent. Taxed? Nope, got me there, taxed 24/7.

certifiedfunds
07-05-2012, 14:14
Regulated? Maybe, but there are times when that regulation is transparent. Taxed? Nope, got me there, taxed 24/7.

ok, Doc. Name one.:cool:

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 14:23
ok, Doc. Name one.:cool:

Name one time when regulation is present but transparent?

When I am sleeping, or not sleeping :whistling: in bed. I don't notice any government interference then. I ripped the tag off the mattress. :supergrin:

When I say transparent, I mean that it is there, but not something that I think about at all.

Bren
07-05-2012, 14:26
It's a nut job rant in taxes. In this guys mind your private health insurance is a tax. Don't waters your time even clicking it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's not a tax...until the new healthcare law goes into effect, which the supreme court just said makes it a "tax." But anyhow....

ChuteTheMall
07-05-2012, 14:37
I really despise intellectual dishonesty.

Gotta consider the source. :tinfoil:

I ripped the tag off the mattress. :supergrin:

Reported.:shame:

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 15:14
Gotta consider the source. :tinfoil:

Reported.:shame:

Common misconception, it's not illegal for the owner to rip off the tag after the sale. :wavey: It cannot be removed by the seller.

JFrame
07-05-2012, 15:17
:rofl::rofl:

marhaba :wavey:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429815&page=5

Clearly, Dirkadirka-Man cares about what goes on in the USA -- but perhaps, not for the reasons the casual observer would assume...

certifiedfunds
07-05-2012, 15:26
Name one time when regulation is present but transparent?

When I am sleeping, or not sleeping :whistling: in bed. I don't notice any government interference then. I ripped the tag off the mattress. :supergrin:

When I say transparent, I mean that it is there, but not something that I think about at all.

I should've been clearer.

My point is, every moment and every activity is taxed and regulated.

cowboy1964
07-05-2012, 16:54

Would you rather live in the 1300s? I wouldn't. Not that they weren't taxed and regulated too. Plus they fact that they died before they were 40, and were probably pretty miserable for those last 10 years or so.

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 17:03

"clearer" I get it, transparent and clearer. :rofl: (I hope that was intentional)

My sleep is not taxed, but the home I sleep in is. There are plenty of government actions that are not impeding, and some even beneficial.

Currently, my biggest gripes about things I would like to do but can't, is buy class III firearms and accessories without any additional cost or paperwork. I am comfortable driving a bit faster than I can, even after they upped the speed limit on certain roads to 80 around here. Licenses for hunting and CCW should cover only the processing fee. I do agree that training should be required before people carry. There are more than a few ignorant people out there, and yeah, I agree with training. My CHL is the equivalent of a NICS, so that is nice. In and out with a gun in 10 minutes or less.

Oh well, bottom line, is it is still the most free place to live that I know of. I'd like to make it better, but I seem to be in the minority, just like the rest of us here.

certifiedfunds
07-05-2012, 17:17
Would you rather live in the 1300s? I wouldn't. Not that they weren't taxed and regulated too. Plus they fact that they died before they were 40, and were probably pretty miserable for those last 10 years or so.

WTF are you talking about?

certifiedfunds
07-05-2012, 17:18
"clearer" I get it, transparent and clearer. :rofl: (I hope that was intentional)

My sleep is not taxed, but the home I sleep in is. There are plenty of government actions that are not impeding, and some even beneficial.

Currently, my biggest gripes about things I would like to do but can't, is buy class III firearms and accessories without any additional cost or paperwork. I am comfortable driving a bit faster than I can, even after they upped the speed limit on certain roads to 80 around here. Licenses for hunting and CCW should cover only the processing fee. I do agree that training should be required before people carry. There are more than a few ignorant people out there, and yeah, I agree with training. My CHL is the equivalent of a NICS, so that is nice. In and out with a gun in 10 minutes or less.

Oh well, bottom line, is it is still the most free place to live that I know of. I'd like to make it better, but I seem to be in the minority, just like the rest of us here.

I'm not that clever.

I'd be happy being able to buy a decent showerhead that doesn't require surgery to work properly.

Ruble Noon
07-05-2012, 17:23

Is Canada Freer Than America?

http://lewrockwell.com/holland/holland64.1.html

QNman
07-05-2012, 17:40
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy78pL4Kudt6cK0Q8cIDH5uwdOniBAvqGpzBKYjoOZXI40ujja = http://images.wikia.com/annoyingorangefanon/images/2/22/Annoying_Orange_Orange_After_Dentist.jpg

Glock30Eric
07-05-2012, 19:56
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy78pL4Kudt6cK0Q8cIDH5uwdOniBAvqGpzBKYjoOZXI40ujja = http://images.wikia.com/annoyingorangefanon/images/2/22/Annoying_Orange_Orange_After_Dentist.jpg

LOL and why are you reading my threads? You could just ignore me if you dislike my comments/threads. I am not going bite you.

BTW, I'm an organic American, not an Iranian nor Russian. But yet that was really funny!! LOL! You have made my abs stronger, thanks!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 20:30

But is it any more free than Texas? Nope.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/canada2.jpg

P.S. I don't dislike Canada, but I really think that is funny.

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 20:36
I'm not that clever.

I'd be happy being able to buy a decent showerhead that doesn't require surgery to work properly.

?? Are you only able to find low flow shower heads? We can still by normal ones here. Or at least we could when I bought my last few........

Is this a federal thing? If so, I need to hit some flea markets this weekend. :shocked:

ETA: I found plenty of standard flow models online.

http://neatitems.com/Shower-Heads/Best-Rated-Shower-Heads/

QNman
07-06-2012, 09:17
LOL and why are you reading my threads? You could just ignore me if you dislike my comments/threads. I am not going bite you.

For the same reason I watch annoying orange. It's entertaining to watch.

BTW, I'm an organic American, not an Iranian nor Russian.

:rofl:

I don't think "organic" means what you think it means...

And if you aren't a foreigner, your grade school teachers should be institutionalized. (though I personally would wager large sums you ARE of a foreign nation that doesn't like us much)

certifiedfunds
07-06-2012, 21:55
?? Are you only able to find low flow shower heads? We can still by normal ones here. Or at least we could when I bought my last few........

Is this a federal thing? If so, I need to hit some flea markets this weekend. :shocked:

ETA: I found plenty of standard flow models online.

http://neatitems.com/Shower-Heads/Best-Rated-Shower-Heads/

I sampled a few of those. They're all restricted to 2.5gpm by federal law.

Some showerheads have a flow restrictor that can be removed with some surgery. Others have to be drilled out. The shower heads at my house have all had their flow restrictors removed. Some are easy some are not.

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 06:55
I sampled a few of those. They're all restricted to 2.5gpm by federal law.

Some showerheads have a flow restrictor that can be removed with some surgery. Others have to be drilled out. The shower heads at my house have all had their flow restrictors removed. Some are easy some are not.

Wonder if there are any available from outside the us?

Yes there are inconveniences, and some outright dangers, buy for the most part, it's still better than every other country I've been in.

eracer
07-07-2012, 06:59
According to this Yahoo, taxes are defined as mandatory fees.
He calls private health care a 'tax.'

Say WHAT???

Why did he leave fuel costs, food costs, and broker commissions off his list?

certifiedfunds
07-07-2012, 08:06
According to this Yahoo, taxes are defined as mandatory fees.
He calls private health care a 'tax.'

Say WHAT???

Why did he leave fuel costs, food costs, and broker commissions off his list?

Patience

certifiedfunds
07-07-2012, 08:07
Wonder if there are any available from outside the us?

Yes there are inconveniences, and some outright dangers, buy for the most part, it's still better than every other country I've been in.

There are. Of course that would be smuggling contraband.

Bren
07-07-2012, 08:18

Seriously, if you don't think that Holland guy is a nut, you may need to think about whether you are a nut.

jakebrake
07-07-2012, 08:33
taxes will have to increase dramatically to pay for the new healthcare.....

show of hands....

who's surprised?

bueller....bueller.....