CCW sheepdog foils robbery with headshot. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW sheepdog foils robbery with headshot.

Electrikkoolaid
07-05-2012, 23:20
Robber enter convenience store and pulls a gun on clerk.

Shopper in store, seeing the robber, pulls his own weapon and takes one shot.

Robber leaves on stretcher, airlifted to local trauma center in critical condition.

Full story here (http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/Police_Customer_Shoots_Would_Be_Store_Robber__161515505.html).

bigbluedodge
07-06-2012, 05:49
Robber enter convenience store and pulls a gun on clerk.

Shopper in store, seeing the robber, pulls his own weapon and takes one shot.

Robber leaves on stretcher, airlifted to local trauma center in critical condition.

Full story here (http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/Police_Customer_Shoots_Would_Be_Store_Robber__161515505.html).

Looks like it worked out for the guy CC'ing, I hate seeing the ones where they arrest the guy for shooting when he was not in danger!

GlocknSpiehl
07-06-2012, 09:13
Nice shootin'!

coachrowsey
07-06-2012, 09:41
A BIG thumbs up.

3rdgen40
07-06-2012, 16:31
Sheepdog? Is that his GT handle?

Chris Brines
07-06-2012, 17:13
Looks like it worked out for the guy CC'ing, I hate seeing the ones where they arrest the guy for shooting when he was not in danger!

As far as I am concerned, if someone walks into a store that I am in, or any member of my family is in, pulls a GUN for criminal actions, our lives are in danger. Whether he points it at us or directly threatens us with it or not, it is still a situation I'd be scared for my life. And I'd be damned if I sat there trying to guage and predict an obviously dangerous person's next move, because I am more concerned with not going to jail, than defending my own life and that of my family. I'd have done the same thing only a double or triple tap.

As far as I'm concerned if the "criminal justice" system wasn't so F'd up we wouldn't have these problems to begin with. I'd be willing to bet this wasn't this guy's first time doing this, and I bet he's been to jail a few times already.

sheepdog
07-06-2012, 17:37
Generic sheepdog, wasn't me, man.

janice6
07-06-2012, 17:38
As far as I am concerned, if someone walks into a store that I am in, or any member of my family is in, pulls a GUN for criminal actions, our lives are in danger. Whether he points it at us or directly threatens us with it or not, it is still a situation I'd be scared for my life. And I'd be damned if I sat there trying to guage and predict an obviously dangerous person's next move, because I am more concerned with not going to jail, than defending my own life and that of my family. I'd have done the same thing only a double or triple tap.

As far as I'm concerned if the "criminal justice" system wasn't so F'd up we wouldn't have these problems to begin with. I'd be willing to bet this wasn't this guy's first time doing this, and I bet he's been to jail a few times already.

This seems to be a reasonable approach.

bigbluedodge
07-06-2012, 19:37

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you, but it is stupid that sometimes people get detained for that same thing. How do you consider yourself not in danger if you are in the same room with a guy shooting people, even if you are near the door!

3rdgen40
07-07-2012, 03:00
Generic sheepdog, wasn't me, man.
:rofl:

Drain You
07-07-2012, 08:12
:rofl:

I 100% agree with you.

Hour13
07-07-2012, 08:36
I do love a happy ending.
:supergrin:

TJS
07-07-2012, 11:24
from the story link in the first post: At the time of the incident, Vann was being sought by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms for outstanding narcotics and firearm violations." Seems the suspect was wanted. Good to see the good guy was not charged.

Electrikkoolaid
07-07-2012, 11:40
http://goldsborodailynews.com/2012/07/06/customer-who-shot-robber-faces-no-charges/

Chris Brines
07-07-2012, 18:21
Dont get me wrong, I agree with you, but it is stupid that sometimes people get detained for that same thing. How do you consider yourself not in danger if you are in the same room with a guy shooting people, even if you are near the door!

Even if I am walking OUT the door, or hell if I am already in the parking lot, and someone starts shooting people INSIDE whatever building we are imagining here, I'd genuinely fear my life is in danger. I'd DEFINITELY do the same thing in that case. Yet another reason not to let them step all over your states self defense laws.

Dukeboy01
07-07-2012, 18:43
Open carry could have prevented this.

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 19:56
After consulting with the Wayne County District Attorney's office, police say no criminal charges will be filed against [CCW Holder].

That sounds pretty good. Unfortunate that they printed his name in the story though.

RightGlock1
07-08-2012, 05:17
That sounds pretty good. Unfortunate that they printed his name in the story though.

+ 1000. I've never understood why the media does this.
(Other than to create more news). The CHL holder, just gets a target put on him not only by the media, but the perps family and associates. If the dead or wounded perp's friends or family are looking for payback, the media has just handed them the person on a silver platter. Amazing that even with their seemingly limited brain capacity for good, gang bangers know how to use social media and the internet to find what they need. I know the CHL has already defended themselves, but why make an already stressful situation worse by putting their ID out to the world.

pipedreams
07-08-2012, 05:40

:agree:+1
Yes just look at what their doing to Zman in FL. If he had not had his gun most likely he would of been found dead or in a coma and the story read that he was attacked by unknown assailant or assailants.

Cavalry Doc
07-08-2012, 06:25
+ 1000. I've never understood why the media does this.
(Other than to create more news). The CHL holder, just gets a target put on him not only by the media, but the perps family and associates. If the dead or wounded perp's friends or family are looking for payback, the media has just handed them the person on a silver platter. Amazing that even with their seemingly limited brain capacity for good, gang bangers know how to use social media and the internet to find what they need. I know the CHL has already defended themselves, but why make an already stressful situation worse by putting their ID out to the world.

I'd do my best to remain anonymous. But sometimes that is not possible. George Zimmerman is a good example.

sheriff733
07-08-2012, 06:42

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

mikegun
05-13-2013, 11:39
I have always felt that I have a moral obligation to stop an armed robber if other peoples lives are in danger...Ret LEO.

SCmasterblaster
05-13-2013, 12:22
I bet that the gun was a .25 ACP.

Lord
05-13-2013, 13:28

It's not just a matter of not feeling safe because you're in the same room. It's called "in defense of a third party", and while I don't know about other places, I know it's perfectly legal here in TX to defend yourself, your family, or even a third party. On top of that, if your shoot is ruled as justifiable, you also enjoy immunity from civil prosecution (the dirtbag's family can't sue you for removing him from the gene pool)

the critter
05-13-2013, 16:40
Awesome, ya gotta love a happy ending.

Lakerdude
05-13-2013, 16:47
"""""

redbaron007
05-13-2013, 18:56
I love a good ending!! :thumbsup: :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

Vartarg
05-13-2013, 19:34
Robber shot in the head....in serious condition.

IMHO, failure of caliber selection:whistling:

wprebeck
05-13-2013, 19:40

Please read the thread in Coptalk concerning the officer who carries 145 rounds of ammo on his person. The short version is: gunfight, 16 hits in suspect with. 45, six of which were deemed as eventually fatal.

He now carries a 9mm, so that he won't be as likely to run out of ammo (was on his last mag) should he ever have to do it again.

I'll start a separate thread in here regarding some concerns and misconceptions about pistol calibers.

Zeebra724
05-13-2013, 20:05
Glad he was prepared, safe, and brave enough to do the right thing...

FloridaGun
05-13-2013, 20:10
This story gives me the warm fuzzys all over!

NMG26
05-13-2013, 20:14
So how did they get the CCL's name? Is it because police reports are public record?

Breadman03
05-13-2013, 20:37
Please read the thread in Coptalk concerning the officer who carries 145 rounds of ammo on his person. The short version is: gunfight, 16 hits in suspect with. 45, six of which were deemed as eventually fatal.

He now carries a 9mm, so that he won't be as likely to run out of ammo (was on his last mag) should he ever have to do it again.

I'll start a separate thread in here regarding some concerns and misconceptions about pistol calibers.
Yeah, and they weren't ricochets into his knuckles. Either, but lung shots, heart shots (?), diaphragm, and more.

Gunnut 45/454
05-13-2013, 21:33
Mr Lewis thank you for doing the right thing! They should send the Hospital bill to JB & Obamamao!:supergrin:

mingaa
05-13-2013, 22:01
If a BG is brandishing a firearm within your sight line you ARE in danger. The gloves are off, period.

jmchaney
05-14-2013, 07:21
I have always felt that I have a moral obligation to stop an armed robber if other peoples lives are in danger...Ret LEO.

This one tried, and failed.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/18661869/chl

railfancwb
05-14-2013, 08:02
Meanwhile in Chicago a convenience market is robbed - across the street from a police station.

EDCholsters
05-14-2013, 08:18
SCORE one for the good guys!!

A6Gator
05-14-2013, 18:37
This one tried, and failed.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/18661869/chl

Should the customer have pulled his weapon, especially since most robbers are happy just getting the cash?

Are you a betting man? Do you feel lucky?

waawaaweenie
05-14-2013, 19:15
back in the 70's my buddies dad worked in a liquor store that was robbed one monday night. he was working again later in the week and saw someone going past the window in a stocking mask so he pulled the 44mag bulldog under the counter and had it in his hand in a paper bag. the guy came in and brandished a weapon and demanded the cash, buddies dad raised the bag/gun and started firing and hit the guy with 3 or 4 of the rounds. the guy just stood there and looked at him and then ran out the door and out back. my buddies dad thought there were blanks in the gun and called the owner of the store to chew him out and was told they were live rounds. the crook was on PCP and took all those rounds and only stopped when he bled out in the back parking lot. This was Richards Liquor in Visalia, CA

Cavalry Doc
05-14-2013, 19:30
Are you a betting man? Do you feel lucky?

I don't gamble. I have voluntarily gone into combat more than a couple of times.

Carry stuff you like. Carry as much of it as you can. Make choices, spend money in favor of those choices.

Pick your poison. I like calibers that begin with the number "4" or higher.

Be prepared to run or fight. Be prepared to do both in very strange situations. Life is full of surprises.

:dunno:

TK-421
05-14-2013, 20:21
And this proves perfectly that even with proper aim, a single head shot isn't an instant kill, so working on training your body to fire more than one shot accurately can mean the difference between life and death for yourself.

professorpinki
05-14-2013, 20:35
Holy thread revival, Batman!

SCmasterblaster
05-15-2013, 06:08

Like I suggested - he was using a .25 ACP?

Fipoj
05-15-2013, 06:28

Even if it was small caliber and not HP, shot placement dropped the guy to where he was no longer a threat in one shot.

Proof small caliber is better than not being armed at all.

Fipoj

SCmasterblaster
05-15-2013, 07:45
Even if it was small caliber and not HP, shot placement dropped the guy to where he was no longer a threat in one shot.

Proof small caliber is better than not being armed at all.

Fipoj

Any idea what the caliber is?

Zeebra724
05-15-2013, 07:53
I just realized how "old" a story this really is (last July)...:rofl:

Fipoj
05-15-2013, 21:14
Any idea what the caliber is?

Nope haha, I was speaking hypothetically on the guess that it could have been smallish based on what the other guy said.

Fipoj

Fipoj
05-15-2013, 21:18
Whatever it was, it put the guy down without requiring a ton of followups. Once the threat is no longer immanent, the claim to self defense goes away if you keep on shooting.

Fipoj