New Friction Grows Between Romney, Conservatives over Obamacare [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Friction Grows Between Romney, Conservatives over Obamacare

Ruble Noon
07-06-2012, 10:16
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/romney-conservatives-healthcare-journal/2012/07/05/id/444542?s=al&promo_code=F65A-1

evlbruce
07-06-2012, 10:38
His muddled message on Obamacare is just the latest debacle; Team Mittens still hasn't recovered from the last time Team 0 kicked them in the independents.

As Rush, Murdoch, Ingram, and others have pointed out Mittens needs to change his game.

JBnTX
07-06-2012, 10:45
As Rush, Murdoch, Ingram, and others have pointed out Mittens needs to change his game.

Romney needs to quit acting like a scared school boy about to fight the class bully and come out swinging against Obama and his national healthcare.

Fred Hansen
07-06-2012, 11:34
His muddled message on Obamacare is just the latest debacle; Team Mittens still hasn't recovered from the last time Team 0 kicked them in the independents.

As Rush, Murdoch, Ingram, and others have pointed out Mittens needs to change his game.Wait until he names Hillary as his running mate.

The Machinist
07-06-2012, 14:48
Romney needs to quit acting like a scared school boy about to fight the class bully and come out swinging against Obama and his national healthcare.
He can't come out swinging, and you shouldn't expect him to. Romney fundamentally supports the idea of forcing people to buy what the government tells them to. After all, he authored the system used as the model for Obamacare. Only the necessity of trying to sound somewhat different than Obama has forced him to oppose Zerocare. The limp-wristed, tepid manner in which he attacks it, show how uncomfortable he is in doing so.

Romney will continue to flounder, because there are no fundamental differences between him and the current idiot.

Ruble Noon
07-06-2012, 15:11
Wait until he names Hillary as his running mate.

:rofl::rofl:

Wait. You could be right.

:shocked:

Mitt Romney Eyeing Woman For Vice President, Wife Ann Says

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/mitt-romney-woman-vice-president_n_1650747.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

JFrame
07-06-2012, 15:17
:rofl::rofl:

Wait. You could be right.

:shocked:

Mitt Romney Eyeing Woman For Vice President, Wife Ann Says

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/mitt-romney-woman-vice-president_n_1650747.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Nah... ;)

But no less than a half-dozen other names also have popped up, including New Hampshire Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte who walked in a July Fourth parade with Romney on Wednesday as well as South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman.

CitizenOfDreams
07-06-2012, 15:18
We are going to be mccainized again this November.

QNman
07-06-2012, 16:49

I hate to agree with that but... well, there it is. If Romney can't do better than this, we better batten down the hatches and get ready for more of King Obama and his court of "me myself and I".

Jonesee
07-06-2012, 16:59
Romney is in an untenable position with Obamacare. Whether the Repubs and Romney want to admit it or not, Obamacare is a copy of Romneycare. It is what it is.

They need to drop it as a topic and move on to topics that Romney can discuss openly and have separation from Obama on. It is impossible to honestly seperate Obamacare and Romneycare.

Ruble Noon
07-06-2012, 19:19
Romney is in an untenable position with Obamacare. Whether the Repubs and Romney want to admit it or not, Obamacare is a copy of Romneycare. It is what it is.

They need to drop it as a topic and move on to topics that Romney can discuss openly and have separation from Obama on. It is impossible to honestly seperate Obamacare and Romneycare.

This is why Romney was the absolute worse choice for a nominee. Well, this and his gun banning record.

The Machinist
07-06-2012, 20:06
This is why Romney was the absolute worse choice for a nominee. Well, this and his gun banning record.
And his backing of the NDAA.

evlbruce
07-06-2012, 20:36

Obama may be a class bully, but the voters that Mittens needs still like him personally. Instead of directly confrontational, which hasn't gotten him much traction Mittens needs to go positive.

Mittens should formulate and peddle his own batch of meaningless "Hope and Change" solutions to the issues of the day to draw in those swing voters.

At the very least there is no excuse for his garbled and half-hearted response to President 0s political victories of these past few months.

Dexters
07-06-2012, 20:41

Very good insight!

Dexters
07-06-2012, 20:46

Another good observation!

Let's face it, we are not going to get rid of Obamacare -with or without Mitt.

Obamacare was designed like a computer worm. It has begun to spread throughout the system. And, many R & D like aspects of the law. The only thing I can see them getting rid of and making a show of is getting rid of the "TAX". But, most if not all of the other aspects stay.

RCP
07-06-2012, 23:37

Get out of here Leftie!!:tongueout:

beforeobamabans
07-07-2012, 04:34
there are no fundamental differences between him and the current idiot.

I know you know how to use Google so perhaps you're just getting lazy so I'll give you the link so you can actually read Romney's positions and stop publishing these false and misleading statements that only serve to damage your own credibility.

Just click on the issues drop down menu and read away.

http://www.mittromney.com/

certifiedfunds
07-07-2012, 06:26

:rofl:And say what exactly?

RC-RAMIE
07-07-2012, 06:56
I know you know how to use Google so perhaps you're just getting lazy so I'll give you the link so you can actually read Romney's positions and stop publishing these false and misleading statements that only serve to damage your own credibility.

I've read his position on the issue and beside some window curtains worth a difference on the some issues, on the main issues there is not much different

The Machinist
07-07-2012, 07:57

LOL! :rofl: Yeah, a campaign website is so much more reflective of reality than his past words and actions. Romney has already proven that he will switch positions on any issue, say anything, or do anything to get elected.

There is no justification in voting for more liberalism and tyranny, no matter which party they belong to.

QNman
07-07-2012, 11:27
:rofl:And say what exactly?

An original idea would be nice...

He either needs to be brilliant or merciless... or both. Right now, he is being neither.

steveksux
07-07-2012, 11:49
Wait until he names Hillary as his running mate.Are you referring to Romney or Obama? :whistling::tongueout:

Randy

steveksux
07-07-2012, 11:50
Yeah, like he came out swinging on the auto bailouts, and taking credit for them.

Randy

Fred Hansen
07-07-2012, 12:22
Are you referring to Romney or Obama? :whistling::tongueout:

RandyRomney, of course.

maxsnafu
07-07-2012, 13:09

It's the GOP way.

The Machinist
07-07-2012, 13:15
It's the GOP way.
Of course it is. No matter which limp-wristed progressive they rally behind, they'll get a rubber stamp of approval from the voters. The GOP has had zero motivation for decades upon decades to champion the cause of conservatism.

beforeobamabans
07-07-2012, 13:31
LOL! :rofl: Yeah, a campaign website is so much more reflective of reality than his past words and actions. Romney has already proven that he will switch positions on any issue, say anything, or do anything to get elected.

There is no justification in voting for more liberalism and tyranny, no matter which party they belong to.

Well, you have to take a man at his word. What else is there? I would give more weight to a written manifesto of what a candidate will do when elected to a new office than what he did in a past life in a different office. This is how I came to vote for Ron Paul in the primary. He's no longer available as a choice in the next election so, if you want to participate, you have to evaluate the available options.

So, did you bother to open the link I went to the trouble to give you and actually read or just fire off a knee-jerk reaction to my post?

maxsnafu
07-07-2012, 14:13
Well, you have to take a man at his word. What else is there? I would give more weight to a written manifesto of what a candidate will do when elected to a new office than what he did in a past life in a different office. This is how I came to vote for Ron Paul in the primary. He's no longer available as a choice in the next election so, if you want to participate, you have to evaluate the available options.

So, did you bother to open the link I went to the trouble to give you and actually read or just fire off a knee-jerk reaction to my post?

(Past) actions speak louder than words.

The Machinist
07-07-2012, 14:41
Well, you have to take a man at his word. What else is there?
We should be able to take a man at his word. Romney, however, has proven that his word means nothing. Romney is a worse flip-flopper than John Kerry, and Mr. Ketchup was pretty frackin' bad. Romney seeks power for the mere sake of exercising that power, just the same as Obama. He's telling you exactly what he thinks you want to hear. For gay marriage, then against it. For abortion, then against it. For gun control, then against it.

I would give more weight to a written manifesto of what a candidate will do when elected to a new office than what he did in a past life in a different office.
His campaign website is not a manifesto. It's a carefully-wordsmithed piece of fluff written by campaign managers. And what's with this past life rationalization? His tenure in an executive political office from 2003-2007 is suddenly not worth noting? There can be no better way to judge the man and his politic than this. He served as governor from the age of 56 to 60. He's 65 now. I don't believe for a fugging second that he had a "Come to Jesus" moment in that time.

This is how I came to vote for Ron Paul in the primary. He's no longer available as a choice in the next election so, if you want to participate, you have to evaluate the available options.
There are more options than the two establishment clowns running right now.

I didn't look at the link. I'm not even gonna lie. It's a facade. A faux conservative store front, overflowing with vague language and platitudes. There is nothing conservative, liberty-minded, or God-fearing about Romney. He's a proponent of gun control, socialized medicine, warrantless arrests, kill lists, entitlement spending, racking up more debt and endless military escapades. Hey, I just described Obama, as well! Thanks to Mitt for saving me the trouble of having to delineate the two.

walt cowan
07-08-2012, 15:07
come on! no one saw this coming? lmfao!

certifiedfunds
07-08-2012, 15:21
Well, you have to take a man at his word. What else is there? I would give more weight to a written manifesto of what a candidate will do when elected to a new office than what he did in a past life in a different office.

You give more weight to campaign promises than past actions?

:rofl:

Romney probably hasn't even seen more than an executive briefing on his website.

walt cowan
07-09-2012, 06:55
all those things mittens supporters refused to look at now... barry will use to beotch slap them in oct....if mittens wins the convention...

barbedwiresmile
07-09-2012, 09:43
Why should Romney change a thing? He'll get all of your "conservative" votes anyway, guaranteed. (just peruse any thread on GTPI). He doesn't have to earn them, you give them away on the cheap. So what's the motivation for him to change up the messaging?

Chuck TX
07-09-2012, 09:44
The worse possible choice to run against 0 from the primary. What could go wrong?

After this year we may refer to it as pulling a McMittens.

Gundude
07-09-2012, 11:35
Why should Romney change a thing? He'll get all of your "conservative" votes anyway, guaranteed. (just peruse any thread on GTPI). He doesn't have to earn them, you give them away on the cheap. So what's the motivation for him to change up the messaging?Not only do conservatives give their votes away on the cheap, and repeatedly refuse to learn from that mistake, election after election, decade after decade, they still manage to blame other people for their self-inflicted powerlessness: Paulbots, the MSM, Hollywood, whoever...

Conservatives, make your voice heard when it matters. That time is now. If you think you're going to "fix" Mitt after you elect him, you're insane. Either stand up and demonstrate that liberal progressives will no longer be elected as Republicans so they shouldn't even bother running, or own up to your weakness and accept that it's your fault you get worse and worse choices every election.

wjv
07-09-2012, 11:55
Wait until he names Hillary as his running mate.

I'd prefer her over Obama OR Biden!