Socialized Medicine Director Dies After Waiting Nine Months for Operation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Socialized Medicine Director Dies After Waiting Nine Months for Operation

snerd
07-06-2012, 10:57
Something we can look forward to!
Itís a bit like a supermarket manager dying of starvation or a bottled-water distributor dying of thirst: In the U.K., a former National Health Service (NHS) director died because she was forced to wait for medical care ó at her own hospital.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/opinion/selwyn-duke/item/6037-socialized-medicine-director-dies-after-waiting-nine-months-for-operation

callihan_44
07-06-2012, 11:04
thank goodness I rarely ever get sick, plus I hate going to the VA hospital

series1811
07-06-2012, 11:12
Socialized medicine. What could go wrong?

I guess we are going to find out.

Fred Hansen
07-06-2012, 11:21
We need eurodriver's expert opinion on the karma of this one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JBnTX
07-06-2012, 11:32
Sounds like the Dallas VA hospital.

Bren
07-06-2012, 11:38
Socialized medicine. What could go wrong?

I guess we are going to find out.

That outcome seems fairly obvious. On of those things a child could figure out without an special education on the subject.

In any case, there are only so many doctors and so much medicine to go around. If you lower what you are willing to pay doctors, there will be fewer doctors in the near future and the quality of those you get will be lowered, as the top candidates follow another path and are replaced by the candidates that would not have gotten into med school in a more competitive system.

If you lower what you pay for medicine, there will be less medicine manufactured and less research to find new medicines. The only reason I can think of for the kind of thinking that has created the systems in places like canada and England is that liberals live in a fairytale world where unicorns bring you happy dreams and doctors and drug companies are only in it to help people - unfortunately, when it comes to life and death, that happens in reality.

Bren
07-06-2012, 11:42
Sounds like the Dallas VA hospital.

And that is a very good example. Government supported - restricted in what they can charge and pay to suppliers and contractors. Even in that example, however, the VA hospitals benefit from being part of an otherwise capitalist economy. Socialize the whole system and it will get much, much worse.

Guss
07-06-2012, 17:18
Private insurance also has its coverage limitations. There are lots of horror stories circulating. And I've been turned away for an urgent need because they were too busy.

There's not a wait problem for a lot of people. They can't get health care. They would love to have a line to stand in.

janice6
07-06-2012, 17:26
We are going to have to get used to giving up some of our lifetime to provide more to people that have less/shorter lifetime.

Seems pretty obvious.

Sarcasm.

Lethaltxn
07-06-2012, 17:45
Private insurance also has its coverage limitations. There are lots of horror stories circulating. And I've been turned away for an urgent need because they were too busy.

There's not a wait problem for a lot of people. They can't get health care. They would love to have a line to stand in.

You were turned away from an emergency room without being given an alternate medical site to go to?

JFrame
07-06-2012, 19:30
You were turned away from an emergency room without being given an alternate medical site to go to?

I have to say that story sounds a bit fishy.

stevelyn
07-06-2012, 20:36
It's nice to know that one tyrant was bitten in the arse by a healthy dose of Karma.

If it would only show up on the doorstep of all the socialized medicine supporters like an angel of death.

cowboywannabe
07-06-2012, 21:16

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

still waiting....:wavey:

Fred Hansen
07-06-2012, 21:39
still waiting....:wavey:Hope we don't die while we wait. :supergrin:

cowboywannabe
07-06-2012, 21:40
Hope we don't die while we wait. :supergrin:

only on a socialized forum.:tongueout:

samurairabbi
07-06-2012, 22:03
Two important details the story glosses over:

1) England is not SINGLE PAYER on health care. If you can afford to, you can go to Non-NHS caregivers. Everyone who can afford to has jumped from National Health Service; it is the first thing that English unions demand from employers during contract bargaining. Most of the foremost medical practitioners in Great Britain have bailed out of NHS.

2) The example quoted from Walter Williams about the lady who could not even buy her OWN special care is from SWEDEN. Sweden HAS single payer medicine; the government program is the only legal method of paying for medical care. The lady could probably pay for and get her experimental therapy if she traveled somewhere outside Sweden where that treatment is offered. Canada also falls into this single payer class, but Canadians with money have a ready way of dodging it; eighty percent of Canadians live within 50 miles of the closest US border.

ObamaCare is NOT a single payer system. If you have money, you can legally go to any medical practitioner you can afford, and who will take you. There are SOME exceptions to this: for example, a Medicare-affiliated doctor cannot go outside Medicare for privately financed care of a Medicare recipient.

janice6
07-06-2012, 22:06
I'm relieved. I believe someone said it can't possibly happen here.

Bren
07-07-2012, 05:56

Eurodriver seems like a guy who should fear karma.

Wasn't he the one who was going to dump his wife and kids and move to Hawaii to meet asian girls?

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 06:44
In the states, the VIPs will find their way to the front if the line faster than you think possible.

Just watch, it'll happen.

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 06:46
Two important details the story glosses over:

1) England is not SINGLE PAYER on health care. If you can afford to, you can go to Non-NHS caregivers. Everyone who can afford to has jumped from National Health Service; it is the first thing that English unions demand from employers during contract bargaining. Most of the foremost medical practitioners in Great Britain have bailed out of NHS.

2) The example quoted from Walter Williams about the lady who could not even buy her OWN special care is from SWEDEN. Sweden HAS single payer medicine; the government program is the only legal method of paying for medical care. The lady could probably pay for and get her experimental therapy if she traveled somewhere outside Sweden where that treatment is offered. Canada also falls into this single payer class, but Canadians with money have a ready way of dodging it; eighty percent of Canadians live within 50 miles of the closest US border.

ObamaCare is NOT a single payer system. If you have money, you can legally go to any medical practitioner you can afford, and who will take you. There are SOME exceptions to this: for example, a Medicare-affiliated doctor cannot go outside Medicare for privately financed care of a Medicare recipient.

Barrycare will lead to a single payer system. It's only a very large first step.

JFrame
07-07-2012, 07:58
Barrycare will lead to a single payer system. It's only a very large first step.

...Which is why leftists paid lip service to saying it didn't go "far enough," but otherwise found it totally acceptable...

robertoh
07-07-2012, 08:38
And the best thing about ObamaCare is,Obama,Congress,The Senate,and a host of other Washington bureaucrats aren't going to be covered by it,they'll have their own (better) system,-------nice.:whistling: