How do I get rid of the RNC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of the RNC

Little Joe
07-06-2012, 12:47
I made the mistake of donating some cash to the Gingrich campaign, and they have thanked me by giving my number to the RNC which has given it out to all of their friends. The phone is ringing of the hook, well almost, with political beggars. I've repeatedly told them to take me off their list and quit bugging me, to no avail. They are as bad as previous phone number owners bill collectors.

Any way to get rid of these people once and for all?

Bruce H
07-06-2012, 15:05
Air horn in a can. Be quite liberal with its use.

eracer
07-06-2012, 15:12
How to deal with a Telemarketer by Tom Mabe - YouTube

ColdSteelNail
07-06-2012, 15:21
This is one area where Dems and Repubs are exactly the same. I gave some money to the DNC a few years ago and I still get calls and emails from every Democratic fundraiser on the planet.

G17Jake
07-06-2012, 15:59
I made the mistake of donating some cash to the Gingrich campaign, and they have thanked me by giving my number to the RNC which has given it out to all of their friends. The phone is ringing of the hook, well almost, with political beggars. I've repeatedly told them to take me off their list and quit bugging me, to no avail. They are as bad as previous phone number owners bill collectors.

Any way to get rid of these people once and for all?

The mistake you made was giving them your phone number.

Angry Fist
07-06-2012, 16:05
I'll vote, but I ain't supporting the machine.

Cavalry Doc
07-06-2012, 16:12
Make sure your phone number is on the do not call registry: https://www.donotcall.gov/

Every time called, get the name of the caller, and the organization, then inform them that your number is on the no call list, then request that your name is removed from all call lists. Keep a log. File the complaints at the same website if you keep getting the calls.

Little Joe
07-06-2012, 17:52
Make sure your phone number is on the do not call registry: https://www.donotcall.gov/

Every time called, get the name of the caller, and the organization, then inform them that your number is on the no call list, then request that your name is removed from all call lists. Keep a log. File the complaints at the same website if you keep getting the calls.

I'll give this a try.

GAFinch
07-07-2012, 00:06

Political groups can now legally get around the registry, including cell numbers.

G17Jake
07-07-2012, 07:45
Political groups can now legally get around the registry, including cell numbers.

So why give them a phone number at all?

Is it impossible to donate money if you don't have a phone? If there is a candidate you want to support, send them money but don't give them your phone number.

Little Joe
07-08-2012, 08:41
So why give them a phone number at all?

Is it impossible to donate money if you don't have a phone? If there is a candidate you want to support, send them money but don't give them your phone number.

I used a credit card for convenience. I believe the phone number is a cross reference by the cc company as a security identifier.

At the time it never crossed my mind that they'd start passing my phone number around. I put a scare into a trainee yesterday using Calvary Doc's technique. I doubt he'll be calling back. :supergrin:

I like a quiet phone, so I'm going to try and nip it in the bud for a while by asking to be taken off of their calling list. Can't get a hold of the RNC. I can't get a person on the phone and then get dumped into a full message-que. Then they say if you need addition help press "0" which is then an invalid selection. I'm sure any postal mail besides checks goes straight into the trash would not do any good either.

Little Joe
07-08-2012, 08:45
I'll vote, but I ain't supporting the machine.

Good choice. That's what I had been doing. It will be the last time I ever do anything more than vote. They've done pissed me off.

G17Jake
07-08-2012, 08:57
Good choice. That's what I had been doing. It will be the last time I ever do anything more than vote. They've done pissed me off.

From time to time a good candidate comes along... I will support them. I never give to the Republican Party. When I give I use a money order.

Dave.1
07-08-2012, 08:57
I tried to stop the calls several years ago by becoming a registered Independent.

Now I get calls from both parties!

Dave

Little Joe
07-08-2012, 10:55
From time to time a good candidate comes along... I will support them. I never give to the Republican Party. When I give I use a money order.

Good thinking there, Jake. That's the way to do it.

G17Jake
07-08-2012, 11:03
Good thinking there, Jake. That's the way to do it.

I'm sensing sarcasm. :supergrin:

Little Joe
07-08-2012, 11:05
I don't regret sending the money to the campaign I thought was best for the job. I just didn't anticipate being dumped into the RNC rolodex.

Little Joe
07-08-2012, 11:07
I'm sensing sarcasm. :supergrin:

Not at all. Seeing the way things are going, more of us need to step up and participate in defeating the liberal agenda. I had the right idea, just poor execution. Maybe other fence sitters who are getting involved will learn from my experience.

I like your idea.

GAFinch
07-08-2012, 22:06
I don't regret sending the money to the campaign I thought was best for the job. I just didn't anticipate being dumped into the RNC rolodex.

Think that's bad? Just leaving a message on the WH website now will get you added to the DNC's rolodex.

certifiedfunds
07-08-2012, 22:10

Doc - I wish it were so. The registry has no teeth. Read the fine print. Filing a complaint actually does nothing but provide a record SHOULD there be some action down the road.

And the politicians exempted themselves on top of it.