G36 Pocket carry? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G36 Pocket carry?

slainer
07-07-2012, 17:41
I plan on carrying my G36 IWB but does anyone pocket carry their G36? If so, what brand pocket holster do you use?
Thx. Slainer

grmnracing
07-07-2012, 17:42
I plan on carrying my G36 IWB but does anyone pocket carry their G36? If so, what brand pocket holster do you use?
Thx. Slainer

The only way feasible is to carry in cargo pants in a large pocket. It's going to be heavy and uncomfortable.

Jim S.
07-11-2012, 18:41
I buy jeans from Duluth Trading and the work jeans have a large pocket above the right front pocket that actually fits the 36 perfectly.
I don't normally pocket carry but when I tried it with these jeans it was very comfortable and convienient.

Running Rabbit
07-25-2012, 16:42
I have "pocket carried" in my right front pocket for over 10 years.

I wear the Wrangler "relaxed fit" jeans from Walmart that cost about $15 a pair. I use a $10 Uncle Mikes size 4 pocket holster.

I have carried my Glock 19, Glock 36 and Glock 27 in that holster. It even fits the Kahr CW 9's and 45's and the Beretta mini Cougar's. Almost any midsize to compact/sub-compact .380, 9mm, .40 or .45 will fit in that holster. With the longer barrel of the Glock 19, the trigger is covered, but portion of the trigger guard that is right by the mag release is still barely showing. I have NEVER had an issue with it.

The relaxed fit jeans have pockets larger enough to put a full size Glock 17 in and I have done that, but the length of the grip make fast extraction just a bit difficult. The length of the slide also makes it dig into your gut when you sit down, but with the smaller guns (19/27/36) it just dissapears in your pocket and feels like nothing is there. It is not heavy or uncomfortable to me. I've tried carrying in the side cargo pants pocket but when I walk the gun bounces around knocking the side of my leg and bothers the crap outta me. My big right front pocket will have a 9mm or .45 Glock in it 99.9% of the time that I leave my house.
I highly reccomend it. You can't draw when seated at all, but that's a small price to pay for being able to wear untucked T-shirts every day with ZERO bulge on your side or belt required.