New 4473 Form Borderline Racist [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New 4473 Form Borderline Racist

PlayboyPenguin
07-07-2012, 18:45
Has anyone seen the new 4473 forms? Now instead of just asking nationality they split it into two sections. First it asks ethnicity and then it asks nationality. The bad part is under "Ethnicity" it only gives two options...hispanic and non-hispanic. Is that how people are categorized these days? There are now only two ethnicities that matter when buying a gun? Whether you are hispanic or not.

FLglockdude
07-07-2012, 18:53
IBTL

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

fnfalman
07-07-2012, 19:12
Make the complaints to your congressmen.

ftw13
07-07-2012, 20:11
must be the Zimmerman edition

CJStudent
07-07-2012, 20:45
That's because that's how ethnicity is tracked on a federal level. I don't say whether it makes sense or not, but that's how EVERY current federal form that requires it is; from employment documentation to applications for anything.

WiskyT
07-07-2012, 20:47
They'll be checking sexual orientation next.

ithaca_deerslayer
07-07-2012, 21:05
That's because that's how ethnicity is tracked on a federal level. I don't say whether it makes sense or not, but that's how EVERY current federal form that requires it is; from employment documentation to applications for anything.

Correct. And this change pre-dates Obama. It allows to check all the races instead of picking just one. It sees Hispanic as a linguistic and cultural background and not a race.

Funny thing is, you can answer however you want on these specific types of questions. There is no truth and no truth checking. Help yourself as a job applicant and find your inner minority.

Heck even our President who has a White mother declined to check "White". If he can lie on a federal race and ethnicity form, so can anyone. Because there is no truth to this stuff and thus no lying :)

The_Gun_Guru
07-07-2012, 22:29
Has anyone seen the new 4473 forms? Now instead of just asking nationality they split it into two sections. First it asks ethnicity and then it asks nationality. The bad part is under "Ethnicity" it only gives two options...hispanic and non-hispanic. Is that how people are categorized these days? There are now only two ethnicities that matter when buying a gun? Whether you are hispanic or not.

Ummmmm....YES!!!!:wavey:

You do know that our government sucks up to the immigrants, right?

Come to South Fl. You'll be in for a rude awakening!:rofl:

This country is laughable now! Everyone knows it, but no one will admit to it for fear of being called a racist.

By the way....

Hispanic and Latino are NOT races, according to the government, so you CANNOT be called a racist if you don't like them.

This country makes me laugh!:rofl:

TGG

cowboy1964
07-08-2012, 00:14
This goes back to the 2000 Census. I'm surprised it took this long to update everything. Oh wait, it's the goobermint. Nevermind.

BenjiEDF
07-08-2012, 00:24
Just check "other" it's none of their business.

bac1023
07-08-2012, 08:14
Interesting

I haven't seen the new form yet.

CJStudent
07-08-2012, 16:26
Interesting

I haven't seen the new form yet.

I just got an email from the ATF outlining the change (I subscribe to a lot of their mass emails).

Rancher
07-08-2012, 16:49
All my incident reports as an LEO had a box to check for either hispanic or non-hispanic. That was going on even back in the 80's. Guess I'm saying it has been around a while.

Rancher

MarcDW
07-08-2012, 17:25
see http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429537&highlight=4473

El_Ron1
07-08-2012, 17:59
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/mind-of-mencia/images/carlos-mencia-3.jpg

JuneyBooney
07-09-2012, 01:00

People from Spain are not Latinos. I am tired of the invasion and all the non English speakers of all nations being here. :shocked: The new racism is against Caucasians because we are too complacent. :whistling:

CajunBass
07-09-2012, 02:35
I think they need a catagory for "mutt" which I'm pretty sure is what I am, but I've never really cared enough to find out.

Mr. Blandings
07-09-2012, 04:48
Back when the 4473 just had a blank space for race, I once had a customer write in "Anglo-Franc."

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
07-09-2012, 05:20
Get used to it. I am a probation officer. All the forms people fill out for us have had this on there for years. That's the way things are done. You just apparently never saw it before.

PawDog
07-09-2012, 05:46
I was at an Academy store yesterday, and there was a "Hispanic" guy at the gun counter arguing with the gun salesman in broken English because he couldn't read the 4473, and was demanding either a copy in Spanish, or the store needed to provide him a translator as the potential buyer couldn't read\write English. I didn't hang around to see the outcome, but heard the gun counter guy paging the store manager to the gun counter as I was checking out.

racer88
07-09-2012, 11:54

The last census had the same question. I didn't answer it (and all others on the census, except for how many people lived in our home and their ages).

JBnTX
07-09-2012, 12:40
...and for the millionth time:

White is a color, not a race.
My race is Caucasian, not white.

:steamed:

Bilbo Bagins
07-09-2012, 12:54
must be the Zimmerman edition

+1 You know those crazy white hispancs and their Kel Tecs :whistling:

:rofl:

fnfalman
07-09-2012, 13:00

Why? You from the Caucasus?

Bilbo Bagins
07-09-2012, 13:01

I always wanted to ask a Caucasian this, So what is your position on the Russian invasion of Georgia?

Ohh I'm sorry let me say it in your native tounge....

Belə ki, Grcstan rus işğalına zrə mvqeyi necədir?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoples_of_the_Caucasus

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/Ethnic_Groups_In_Caucasus_Region_2009.jpg/300px-Ethnic_Groups_In_Caucasus_Region_2009.jpg

Personally , I rather be called a White

fnfalman
07-09-2012, 13:03
Personally , I rather be called a White

I love White people. Some of my best friends are White. Seriously.

ChicagoZman
07-09-2012, 13:56
The last census had the same question. I didn't answer it (and all others on the census, except for how many people lived in our home and their ages).
That is just what I did as well (minus the age part).

ChicagoZman
07-09-2012, 13:58

My race is human.

Bilbo Bagins
07-09-2012, 14:31

But you still can never understand our struggle, and what it means to be a person lacking color in America.

fnfalman
07-09-2012, 14:33
But you still can never understand our struggle, and what it means to be a person lacking color in America.

I feel your pain.

Stevekozak
07-09-2012, 14:48
I dont know why it is anyone's business what "ethnicity" I am. I am an American citizen, and that is all anyone NEEDS to know about me. :wavey:

WiskyT
07-09-2012, 15:35
I feel your pain.

It's really not bad. I can listen to the Staples and I've got the best part of being on your team. But no matter how hard you try, you'll never be able to breeze by the walmart greater like I can. Hair is much less complicated too:rofl:

01coltcolt
07-09-2012, 16:01
LOL,
back in 1996 I applied to the Maranda PD outside Tucson AZ. I did really well on my test, spanglish test and review board. The personel officer that told me I was'nt hired said the sole reason was AZ quotas. The Gov cuts funds if they dont meet quotas, laid out buy the state. It wasnt white boy day:)

I learned my lesson. My great, great, grandma on my dads moms side was 3/4 Cherokee Indian. So now I claim "Native American" screw quotas! LOL............:rofl:

JBnTX
07-09-2012, 16:07
Why? You from the Caucasus?

I hate to burst your bubble, but Caucasian is a race.
It has nothing to do with the Caucasus Mountains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

samurairabbi
07-09-2012, 16:21
LOL,
back in 1996 I applied to the Maranda PD outside Tucson AZ. I did really well on my test, spanglish test and review board. The personel officer that told me I was'nt hired said the sole reason was AZ quotas. The Gov cuts funds if they dont meet quotas, laid out buy the state. It wasnt white boy day:)

I learned my lesson. My great, great, grandma on my dads moms side was 3/4 Cherokee Indian. So now I claim "Native American" screw quotas! LOL............:rofl:

You and Elisabeth Warren would make a natural couple!

01coltcolt
07-09-2012, 16:56
You and Elisabeth Warren would make a natural couple!

:rofl:She is to old:)

An exasperated Elizabeth Warren told reporters Thursday that she’s certain about her Native American roots “because my mother told me so.”

"Because my father told me so.":whistling:

What other cool stuff do you get in this country for being dishonest?
:dunno: A seat in the white house?

These type questions are pointless in my opinion. They have no place or reason to be on a gun buying form!

fnfalman
07-09-2012, 18:59
I hate to burst your bubble, but Caucasian is a race.
It has nothing to do with the Caucasus Mountains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

Then why doesn't the Aryan Brotherhood call itself the Caucasian Brotherhood?

The_Gun_Guru
07-09-2012, 19:15
People from Spain are not Latinos. I am tired of the invasion and all the non English speakers of all nations being here. :shocked: The new racism is against Caucasians because we are too complacent. :whistling:

+1,000,000!!!!!:wavey:

And when we say anything we are called racist.

Racism against Whites is calle "reverse-racism"....WTF?:steamed:

All I know is that when the race wars start (and they will), I will be ready for them.

TGG

07-09-2012, 20:00
The liberal mindset about race that dominates the .gov can be thanked for the updated 4473.

07-09-2012, 20:08

Me, too.

As one of "them brown people," I find it interesting to read all the hysterics.

Sporaticus
07-09-2012, 20:14
Maybe the BATFE hates hispanic orphans. :rofl::rofl:

mr.scott
07-09-2012, 20:28
Then why doesn't the Aryan Brotherhood call itself the Caucasian Brotherhood?

Why dont the Black Panthers call themselves the African-American Panthers?

Ive filled out forms as an African American since the human race started in Africa.

The_Gun_Guru
07-09-2012, 22:04

Hey! Same here!:rofl:

Actually, all of my friends are White!:whistling:

TGG

carbuncle
07-09-2012, 23:28
Democrat or Not-Democrat?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

samurairabbi
07-09-2012, 23:35
I pose a question both serious AND tongue-in-cheek: Why is it necessary to specify gender on a 4473?

Bilbo Bagins
07-10-2012, 06:40
I pose a question both serious AND tongue-in-cheek: Why is it necessary to specify gender on a 4473?

Good Question.

The 4473 is a federal form, and I always assumed it asked you race as a way of ID'ing you. They ask your gender, height, weight and race, I guess as a way to match it up to what you look like and compare that info to what is on your Driver's license. I guess if you fill out the form saying you are a 5 ft tall asian female, and your drivers license says you are a 6 ft tall white male, and the gun clerk does not care, bells and whistles should go off when he calls in the background check.

Still I don't understand why the breakup between ethnicity and race. Why does it matter if you are a non hispanic white/black/asian vs a Hispanic white/black/asian.

SigFTW
07-10-2012, 07:06
My Race: American!
It's "we the people", not I the individual or race!:whistling:

CajunBass
07-10-2012, 07:31
I filled out a 4473 yesterday. I checked and it was the new form. :wow:

You know what? It didn't matter to me. I still checked "White" just like always.

It was sort of a letdown. :supergrin:

fnfalman
07-10-2012, 07:39
Why dont the Black Panthers call themselves the African-American Panthers?

I don't know. I would have named the organization Puma and save one word.

Ive filled out forms as an African American since the human race started in Africa.

Not necessarily. That is yet unproven.

Dragoon189
07-10-2012, 08:01
My race is human.

That is the only race I don't care for.

fnfalman
07-10-2012, 08:22
That is the only race I don't care for.

World Superbike is the only race I care for.