Finger bite ! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finger bite !

Grizzz
07-07-2012, 22:35
After not shooting for awhile I drug out the 10mm G-21 for a 50 round shooting session. I started getting a blood blister on the bottom of my shooting finger. The last few shoots were excruciating !! What am i doing wrong? My G-24C does the same thing . Does anybody make a aftermarket trigger for this thing?? I know I'm getting old & frail but this is not fun. :crying:

uz2bUSMC
07-08-2012, 06:22
After not shooting for awhile I drug out the 10mm G-21 for a 50 round shooting session. I started getting a blood blister on the bottom of my shooting finger. The last few shoots were excruciating !! What am i doing wrong? My G-24C does the same thing . Does anybody make a aftermarket trigger for this thing?? I know I'm getting old & frail but this is not fun. :crying:

Hard to tell without watching you shoot or knowing your firing habits and skill level. Kinda sounds to me that you do not have a firm grip on the weapon allowing it to move to much in your hands which migh allow the bottom of the trigger to lick the bottom of your trigger finger over and over again. Do you shoot to reset?

WeeWilly
07-08-2012, 09:34
I have had this crop up on the small framed Glocks (always a subcompact) from time to time, usually shooting hotter 40S&W rounds. I have never had it bite me on my G20SF or G29SF and I shoot some really hot loads with these guns, far hotter than any 40S&W.

I have read where guys stone/deburr their trigger safeties to help.

lethal tupperwa
07-08-2012, 10:44
look for roughness Under the trigger on the frame.

leadslinger13
07-09-2012, 06:43
If you are referring to your trigger finger then it may be you are resting your finger a little low on the trigger itself. your finger may be rubbing the trigger gaurd each time you pull the trigger. i find that i do that sometimes but adjust upward to seat in the hollow of the trigger as it affects my shot placement. I think it is a how my hands are designed and how my grip is as we all know it can't be the weapon. GLock perfection. LOL

hubcap500
07-09-2012, 11:06
Several others including myself have had this problem. I sandpapered and polished the trigger and inside the trigger guard under the trigger and it helped a lot.

oceanbob
07-09-2012, 14:05
Shooting Gloves work good for me. In a self defense situation you won't notice anything. For practice I use a shooting glove on my right hand. No blisters...:supergrin:

bac1023
07-09-2012, 21:55
Sounds painful...