What Are My Options? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What Are My Options?

ABACABB
07-08-2012, 00:33
Mas,
On the 4th of July I was put into a stressful situation that left me with more questions than answers. It started when my wife and myself were driving to dinner. I got off the freeway and pulled up behind a van at a stop light. I looked in my rearview mirror and watch as a man on a motorcycle gets off his bike and puts on a pair of brass knuckles, and starts walking towards my window. I live in Arizona so I can CCW without a permit and do. My immediate response was to say an expletive and draw my weapon. I dont know if he saw me draw the weapon or what, but the man stopped, turned around, and got back on his bike. I am going to be honest, if he had broken my window to get to me I was prepared to shoot him. I am a big guy(6'2" 300lbs) but am in no means a trained fighter. The man was wearing a full bikers helmet so I don't think me punching him in the face would have resolved the situation. I am glad that nothing happened but after it was all said and done I cant help but wonder if that was the correct reaction, or if that reaction would have put me in prison had it come to fulfillment. If there is any advice you can give me I would be very happy to recieve it. Thanks in advance.

Mas Ayoob
07-08-2012, 11:26
The knucks you saw him put on were a deadly weapon. I can see no problem with your response.

However, as discussed elsewhere in GATE (and in Carry Issues) it's important to call in such an incident immediately. Instead of the other guy from making a call and saying that he came up asking you for directions and you pulled a gun on him for nothing.

It could also mean keeping him from beating up the next motorist with brass knuckles.

Glad you & yours got through it OK,

Mas

ABACABB
07-08-2012, 22:15
Thank you again for the response. I realized later that I should have called it in but at the time it was so unexpected. It is a mistake I won't make again.