Anyone using this mag release on thier 10/22? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using this mag release on thier 10/22?

dkf
07-08-2012, 10:21
I'm looking at picking up the Power Custom extended mag release for my 10/22 I got a few weeks ago. Work good?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/704041/power-custom-extended-magazine-release-ruger-10-22-10-22-magnum-titanium

Havn't had my 10/22 that long and I already added a OE aluminum trigger housing and a cnc trigger w overtravel screw from Clark Customs, polished all the internals and made a buffer. Now I want to upgrade the mag release.

ca survivor
07-09-2012, 06:40
I put one similar in mine long time ago, was the only way I could get the mag out.

Veedubklown
07-09-2012, 14:24
I have the extended one that came with my arch-angle stock. Work fine, the newer 10/22's come with an extended mag release, and my new one functions really no better. It just matches my stock. Personally, I wouldn't spend the money if your 10/22 already came with the longer release. If you have the old-school button, it's worth every penny.

dudel
07-09-2012, 15:49
I have this one on my 10/22 and Charger. No complaints. Got one for a shooting friend, he likes it as well.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/662086/bell-and-carlson-extended-magazine-release-ruger-10-22-polymer-black

dkf
07-09-2012, 16:37
Personally, I wouldn't spend the money if your 10/22 already came with the longer release.

Mine is the later version without the button but is still a little cumbersome for me to get under it to release the mag. The OE release seems to be angled back too much. Plus the OE is plastic and I replaced the plastic trigger housing and plastic trigger with aluminum pieces so I wanted to step up to an alum release also.

I think I'll just get the one in the link I posted and give it a shot.

Decguns
07-09-2012, 16:44
When I had a 10/22 accurized back in the 90's, they put on one of the plastic extended mag releases on the rifle. Definitely makes changing the bulkier mags, like the Ram-Line 50rd and the 60rd tear drop model easier.

Probably the best mod they did, at least at the time, was drilling a hole in the rear of the receiver so you can clean the barrel from the chamber end. Wish I had a dime for every time someone told me I voided the warranty with that mod. 20 yrs later... that receiver is still going strong even with the invisible hole (you can't see it with a stock installed).

dkf
07-09-2012, 17:49
I'm going to drill the hole in mine next time I have it torn down. I did do the modification to the bolt lock that releases when you pull back on the bolt. The first time I shot the gun I knew the bolt release setup had to be changed. Pushing the lever to close the bolt was a PITA.