Fulton, NY 2012 Prelims Are Posted! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fulton, NY 2012 Prelims Are Posted!

DannyR
07-08-2012, 23:02
Wow, that was fast!:wow:

See them at http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2012/2012fny.pdf

misunderestimated
07-09-2012, 04:35
Wow that was fast,

I did really bad. There is just no way to recover from all those "Mikes" from not shooting at the target.

Looking at the bright side there is no way I cant show improvement at the next match in Topton.

Jason did spectacular and should be getting another gun.

I hope I can figure out what scores are from the young girl who shot on Saturday, She looked so relaxed at the line while shooting. I am sure it wont be long till she wins her first gun Congratulations to every one .

How did everyone else do

Wayloss
07-09-2012, 08:10
So they crossed my glock the plates scores... not that it affects my standing at all :-)

DannyR
07-09-2012, 10:30
Aleah Groman, 105.95, Junior Female Am/Civ.

O'DubhGhaill
07-09-2012, 11:43
This was my first GSSF Match. I attended Sunday morning and my only regret was having only signed up for one division - the match was outstanding and great fun! Even after having read the Glock Report several times, it was difficult for me to conceptualize the courses of fire. However, once I checked in at the station and observed a shooter, it all made perfect sense. The Plates are hands down the most fun. I learned a great deal from this match and I cannot wait until next year - I will certainly be signing up for 3 divisions. Danny, thanks again for your help in answering my questions about the mag floor plates and mag catch. Now for the wait to see if I won a free Glock as a new member/shooter...

johnkt
07-09-2012, 12:58
Unlike last year, "I stunk the place up" on Sunday AM. I'm hoping Topton goes better. Congratulations to Jason. You smoked them this year. John

SARDG
07-09-2012, 13:21
This was my first GSSF Match. I attended Sunday morning and my only regret was having only signed up for one division - the match was outstanding and great fun!...
You could have gone back to Registration and signed up for another one or two Divisions (depending on what gun(s) you had available). I've done that many times.

DannyR
07-09-2012, 13:22
O'Dub,

Glad to hear that you had a fine experience. Next closest match to you is Topton, PA in August.

SARDG
07-09-2012, 13:23
So they crossed my glock the plates scores... not that it affects my standing at all :-)
crossed?? :headscratch:

Don At PC
07-09-2012, 13:30

Got bugs?????????? :rofl::tongueout::faint:

Don

SARDG
07-09-2012, 13:33
Aleah Groman, 105.95, Junior Female Am/Civ.
Danny - who is Sheila Brey? She's marked as a Master and I thought all the female Masters were identified and I don't recall her name. Can't find her in any of your stickies either.

SARDG
07-09-2012, 13:33
Got bugs?????????? :rofl::tongueout::faint:

Don
Wise guy! :tongueout:

Don At PC
07-09-2012, 13:36

I've been wondering about that comment all morning and came to the conclusion that you had to have been there to understand. Sometimes the English language can be confusing. :faint::embarassed:

Don

O'DubhGhaill
07-09-2012, 13:42
You could have gone back to Registration and signed up for another one or two Divisions (depending on what gun(s) you had available). I've done that many times.

Thanks. I brought my G26, so I could have signed up for Amateur Civilian and Amateur Competition, that is, if I could have afforded it at the time.:crying: Seems like I'm still learning from this first match.

SARDG
07-09-2012, 13:44
I've been wondering about that comment all morning and came to the conclusion that you had to have been there to understand. Sometimes the English language can be confusing. :faint::embarassed:

Don
Sometimes I feel like a code-breaker - and not a very good one. I'm thinking it could mean that 2 different Division's scores were switched on plates. But since the labels are on the GSSF copies of the scoresheet, that doesn't make sense.

Gonna check with my Navajo friends or get out my Enigma Machine... :shocked:

SARDG
07-09-2012, 13:46
Thanks. I brought my G26, so I could have signed up for Amateur Civilian and Amateur Competition, that is, if I could have afforded it at the time.:crying: Seems like I'm still learning from this first match.
You should have just borrowed some cash from misunderestimated. He's loaded... :rofl:

DannyR
07-09-2012, 13:48
Sheila must be a Master in USPSA. An honest lady.

misunderestimated
07-09-2012, 14:34

That must of been her and it makes allot of sense as she was so relaxed and confident standing at the table shooting.

misunderestimated
07-09-2012, 14:40
You should have just borrowed some cash from misunderestimated. He's loaded... :rofl:

You know I don't drink, but with the mistakes I made,it would almost seam like I was loaded. That at least would have been a good explanation of what happened.

Wayloss
07-09-2012, 17:42
LOL I shot two divisions, they crossed my g17 and g30 scores for glock the plates. so my guardian score should be higher and subcompact lower... neither put me in any chance of winning so it's no big deal.

DannyR
07-09-2012, 18:11
When shooting multiple categories, you really need to look at your score sheets before signing them.:whistling:

Wayloss
07-09-2012, 18:24
No they were correct when I left the station.

SARDG
07-09-2012, 18:31
No they were correct when I left the station.
I can't see how GSSF could swap the scores as the label has your entry number that cross-matches the gun you are using for a given Division. Are you quite certain GSSF got it mixed up? Did you or the ROs write the Division you were shooting onto the scoresheet? Without doing so, the shooter wouldn't know which scoresheet matched which Division.

ETA: If tou were shooting 2 Divisions back-to-back, perhaps the 'other' scoresheet was used first - if that makes sense...

DannyR
07-09-2012, 18:32
Then it should be an easy fix. Just send an E-mail to gssf@glock.us

km625
07-10-2012, 17:17

IRRC Sheila is the first female Master in USPSA, a longtime numlock at pathfinder USPSA shoots, and a really cool all-around person!

O'DubhGhaill
08-13-2012, 13:52
Anyone have any idea when the "Placing and Prizes" results for this match will be assessed and posted at GSSF?

misunderestimated
08-13-2012, 14:34
Anyone have any idea when the "Placing and Prizes" results for this match will be assessed and posted at GSSF?

Any day now Friday was 30 days since the pre lims were posted. May bee on Thursday I have noticed that sometimes the finals post on a Thursday

ImpeachObama
08-14-2012, 21:57
I asked Cindy this past w-end in WV and she said very soon.

youngann
08-15-2012, 05:11

We may have to wait a few more days as the results haven't posted yet for the Indiana match which was 6/30-7/1.

This waiting is the hardest part for me - I'm not the most patient person.

Don At PC
08-15-2012, 07:25
We may have to wait a few more days as the results haven't posted yet for the Indiana match which was 6/30-7/1.

This waiting is the hardest part for me - I'm not the most patient person.

I think you are correct. They have Fulton, Indy, Dawsonville plus the recent ones and they have a double match this weekend (Greeley and Topton) so that just about stops finalizing process a few days. I am sure they are doing their best and are getting pretty tired from such a busy schedule.

Don

youngann
08-20-2012, 05:04
:(im)patiently tapping fingers on desk: Could it be today? :dunno:

km625
08-20-2012, 09:04
:(im)patiently tapping fingers on desk: Could it be today? :dunno:

Probably, if today were a Thursday....

DistPistolShot
08-21-2012, 14:21
Fulton , NY Finals are UP!

youngann
08-21-2012, 15:55
Fulton , NY Finals are UP!

Yay!!

http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2012/2012fny.pdf

Sigh.

misunderestimated
08-21-2012, 16:13
Yay!!

http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2012/2012fny.pdf

Sigh.

I did bad with my shooting with a read dumb mistake (twice) but I did good on the random My son won a 50.00 random and I won a gun.

WOW I will cherish the gun when I get it.
I forgot how long does it take to get Glock mail

SARDG
08-21-2012, 17:16
I did bad with my shooting with a read dumb mistake (twice) but I did good on the random My son won a 50.00 random and I won a gun.

WOW I will cherish the gun when I get it.
I forgot how long does it take to get Glock mail
Larry- How the heck can you get like 104 in Civ and somewhere close to 2 bazillion in Comp and SubC? :shocked: I'm pretty sure you're a better shooter than those 2 bazillions would indicate. :faint: :embarassed:

Glock mail usually starts within a day or two.

misunderestimated
08-21-2012, 19:48
Larry- How the heck can you get like 104 in Civ and somewhere close to 2 bazillion in Comp and SubC? :shocked: I'm pretty sure you're a better shooter than those 2 bazillions would indicate. :faint: :embarassed:

Glock mail usually starts within a day or two.

I am new to shooting major sub, I only have to send out one shot per target. I had to concentrate real hard to remember to only send out one shot on paper. well When it came time to shoot the other events I never re adjusted to sending out 2 on paper There I was I shot my first round like a 4 second time and I was thinking "holy smokes am I fast" another round and another 4 second time.I am now thinking wow I am killing it here. last round another fast time.Then I switch to the next division and same same lighting fast times. It was only when I was walking away did my friends tell me I was only sending out one shot thats why I was so fast. There was no recovering from that mistake. Funny I have new electronic ears, they actually amplify back round noise I can here people talking that i cant hear with my own ears. Anyways I can hear my friends in the back round making fun of my pants, how may hair is, how I am shooting wrong.. This time not one peep from them telling me to send out more then one shot. Some friends HUH

SARDG
08-21-2012, 21:17
I am new to shooting major sub, I only have to send out one shot per target. I had to concentrate real hard to remember to only send out one shot on paper. well When it came time to shoot the other events I never re adjusted to sending out 2 on paper... ...There was no recovering from that mistake. Funny I have new electronic ears, they actually amplify back round noise I can here people talking that i cant hear with my own ears. Anyways I can hear my friends in the back round making fun of my pants, how may hair is, how I am shooting wrong.. This time not one peep from them telling me to send out more then one shot. Some friends HUH
I see the problem now - ya' gotta get rid of the funny pants... :rofl: (I'll give you a 100 to 1 that they were shorts, anyway.) :supergrin:

I've done that once - sent 1 round when it should have been 2, but caught it on my first string and eventually put 2 in each target. The one poor string destroyed the time though.

Since the rules-change that was first noted in Orlando 2012, and then reconfirmed in the latest RO Guide, you could have asked for a reshoot - based solely on a brain freeze. Really... the RO could have helped you out during the string(s) with a little reminder.

PM720
08-21-2012, 23:07
That's why I shoot Major Sub last! :embarassed::supergrin:

Scott

misunderestimated
08-22-2012, 04:23
That's why I shoot Major Sub last! :embarassed::supergrin:

Scott

I was shooting Major sub first,I figured get thru the big guy first then the rest was easy.