tuckable holster belt clips? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : tuckable holster belt clips?

Cornell
07-09-2012, 19:55
Does anyone use actually use a tuckable with the large belt clips that seem to be the standard issue? If so, what is your experience?

I have always worn the smart carry because I've been afraid the belt clips are too visible and everyone would know I was carrying. The arthritis in my thumb is so bad now that I can no longer use the smart carry effectively, and I would really like to buy a tuckable holster. I know they come with velcro clips, but that would limit the belt selection to just one or two.

NC Bullseye
07-09-2012, 21:04
I use the CompTac clips (new version) and they are right around a half inch wide and disappear when you match the clip color to the belt.

The new clips are darn near indestructible too.

EAJuggalo
07-10-2012, 07:07
I've used them for the last four years and the C clips for the four years prior to that. Only one person has ever questioned what the clip was on my belt, and that person became my wife about a year later. Unless you're in a very observant environment or carrying where you're not willing to pay the penalties if you get discovered the standard clips should be fine.

mj9mm
07-10-2012, 07:14
i have the metal tuckable clips on all my IWB's, all self made holsters, they work well and i have not been pointed out yet. i don't believe most people are that observent. if you happen to be undercover it might make a differance.

sstecker
07-10-2012, 12:05
I use a Crossbreed Supertuck for my G19 and some times my G21. Like you, I also started with a SmartCarry, because it was absolutely invisible. I transitioned to the CBST because some role playing in a training session about 3 years ago showed me just how slow and combersome drawing from a SmartCarry is in a "real" situation.

Here is what I did to make my CBST "invisible". Order an extra set of "J" clips with the standard metal belt clips. Then cut of the bottom off of the "J" so that there is only about 1" of the hook to go over the edge of your pants. Then the clip will be totally concealed by your belt. I carry my G19 and sometimes my G21 every day in dress slacks with a tucked in dress shirt (sometimes polos) and no one has ever noticed a thing.

Goldstar225
07-10-2012, 12:47
I have a Crossbreed. I used the metal clips for the first few months then changed to the velcro lined belt and "v" clips. Honestly the only time I would be concerned about someone seeing the standard clips would be with a tan or other light colored belt.

SJ 40
07-10-2012, 16:07
I use the CompTac clips (new version) and they are right around a half inch wide and disappear when you match the clip color to the belt.

The new clips are darn near indestructible too.I have CT C clips on all my tuckables even if the holster was not manufactured by CT,they are very adaptable. SJ 40

Cornell
07-10-2012, 19:41
Thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your comments

ChrisFB
07-11-2012, 20:28
I use V clips and simply take industrial Velcro about 1.0 to 0.75 inches wide and line my belts. Use 8" strips and let dry overnight. I use it on wilderness as well as general dress belts. 2 years in and no issues. Sure beats ordering custom Velcro lined belts. Consider also that this is my standard IWB holster (MTAC), I rarely tuck and have trained draw extensively without a single issue (I'd have done something different if there was even a slight issue).

YMMV.

racer88
07-11-2012, 20:41
I started with the metal standard clips on the CBST. I quickly switched to the v-clips. All my gun belts were ordered with velcro sewn in (about $10 extra, if I recall). Love the V-clips!

ted1
07-11-2012, 20:41
Who cares if someone thinks you ccw because they see the clips on your holster. There is no law against having a couple of clips on your belt. People can assume whatever they want. I wear the minataur comp-tac iwb most of the time covered. I don't even concern myself with printing to much 99.9% of the sheeple are to busy playing with there phones and other gizmo's to notice. Carry you weapon be prepared and shoot straight the heck with the rest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR