Been a long time...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time......

Fire_Medic
07-11-2012, 10:27
Just now recently lurking on GT again, and now have the means to go along with the hankering to get a 10MM Glock.

I recently found (2) Gen 4 FDE guns, G19 & G21 Gen 4 both in FDE, and I LOVE the way both of them feel in the hand and shoot. Unfortunately for me, the 10MM slides from LW do not work with the Gen 4 frames as that was my plan originally.

So on to my question, any of you guys have experience with BOTH the Gen 3 AND Gen 4 G20's?

I am wanting to get feedback on which to get.

I myself happen to like the Gen 4 guns I have shot, and love the two I own. I like the grip size without the added back straps, I like the larger mag release, I prefer the texturing of the Gen 4's to the Gen 3's, and I do like the Gen 4 RSA's.

My Gen 4 G19 and G21 do shoot softer than their Gen 3 counter parts, but IMHO, it's not enough of a difference to factor into the decision.

Thanks for your time
FM

CanyonMan
07-11-2012, 12:46
Just now recently lurking on GT again, and now have the means to go along with the hankering to get a 10MM Glock.

I recently found (2) Gen 4 FDE guns, G19 & G21 Gen 4 both in FDE, and I LOVE the way both of them feel in the hand and shoot. Unfortunately for me, the 10MM slides from LW do not work with the Gen 4 frames as that was my plan originally.

So on to my question, any of you guys have experience with BOTH the Gen 3 AND Gen 4 G20's?

I myself happen to like the Gen 4 guns I have shot, and love the two I own. I like the grip size without the added back straps, I like the larger mag release, I prefer the texturing of the Gen 4's to the Gen 3's, and I do like the Gen 4 RSA's.

My Gen 4 G19 and G21 do shoot softer than their Gen 3 counter parts, but IMHO, it's not enough of a difference to factor into the decision.

Thanks for your time
FM

Look who's back.... Welcome amigo. Good to here from ya man !

I do NOT have a dimes worth of knowledge on the Gen 4 anything... i do have a gen 3 everything, including G20/G29, both SF. Al I know is I love the way the G20/29 SF feel, grip, shoot in MY hand. Wish I could be of more help, but used this as an excuse to say Howdy, and good to hear from ya amigo.

Hope ya get the answers ya want/need.

Stays safe
don't be a stanger !

CM

Fire_Medic
07-11-2012, 12:56
Look who's back.... Welcome amigo. Good to here from ya man !

I do NOT have a dimes worth of knowledge on the Gen 4 anything... i do have a gen 3 everything, including G20/G29, both SF. Al I know is I love the way the G20/29 SF feel, grip, shoot in MY hand. Wish I could be of more help, but used this as an excuse to say Howdy, and good to hear from ya amigo.

Hope ya get the answers ya want/need.

Stays safe
don't be a stanger !

CM

How's it going brother, good to hear from you, and I hope all is well. :wavey:

deadite
07-11-2012, 13:04

Thanks for your time
FM

Dude, I have your brass! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fire_Medic
07-11-2012, 13:10
Dude, I have your brass! ;)

LOL, what's going on man, hope that brass has worked out for you :supergrin:

deadite
07-11-2012, 13:28
LOL, what's going on man, hope that brass has worked out for you :supergrin:

All's well. Yep, worked out great. Got a ton more from Arkie over at Addicts.

Fire_Medic
07-11-2012, 13:36
All's well. Yep, worked out great. Got a ton more from Arkie over at Addicts.

Good. I will be looking for some soon, lol.

Fire_Medic
07-11-2012, 16:47
Well I ordered brass, 8# of long shot, 1K of 180gr extreme bullets, 5K case of LP primers, dies, powder measure, powder funnel, case gauge, tool head, etc. All I need now is a 10 MM Glock to shoot this stuff out of........

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

deadite
07-11-2012, 17:46
Well I ordered brass, 8# of long shot, 1K of 180gr extreme bullets, 5K case of LP primers, dies, powder measure, powder funnel, case gauge, tool head, etc. All I need now is a 10 MM Glock to shoot this stuff out of........

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Have you thought of any other types of handguns besides Glocks?

Fire_Medic
07-11-2012, 17:58
Have you thought of any other types of handguns besides Glocks?

Yes but as much as people dislike Glocks I like them, I have the most trigger time behind the Glock platform than any other, parts are easy to come by, the durability is a non issue, they're easy to work on and maintain, and they can take a beating.......

So my first 10MM will be a Glock, just trying to gather opinion on Gen 3 VS Gen 4........:supergrin:

_The_Shadow
07-11-2012, 20:01
Hey Fire Medic check this out! http://10mm-firearms.com/10mm-semi-auto-handguns/gen4-glock-20-review/

deadite
07-11-2012, 20:18
Yes but as much as people dislike Glocks I like them, I have the most trigger time behind the Glock platform than any other, parts are easy to come by, the durability is a non issue, they're easy to work on and maintain, and they can take a beating.......

So my first 10MM will be a Glock, just trying to gather opinion on Gen 3 VS Gen 4........:supergrin:

Gotcha, I like Glocks, too... Just never tried one in 10mm. Good luck.

attrapereves
07-11-2012, 20:35
Speaking of a long time... What ever happened to 21carrier?

_The_Shadow
07-11-2012, 20:41
He got one of those 9mm's...I just hope he didn't tuck his tail between his legs and went sit on the porch! LOL All BS aside I haven't heard from him either!

bac1023
07-12-2012, 20:15
Welcome back!

_The_Shadow
07-12-2012, 20:20
Hey Fire Medic check this out! http://10mm-firearms.com/10mm-semi-auto-handguns/gen4-glock-20-review/

Many 10mm fanatics there :supergrin:

Taterhead
07-12-2012, 22:32

Now that is what I call a logical thought process! A 10mm Glock is a nice pistol.

It will probably boil down to what feels best in your hand.

By the way, welcome back!

Fire_Medic
07-13-2012, 16:41
Well after much deliberation this morning, I went down to the local LE store, and I ended up leaving with a Gen 3 G20SF. I already have a G21 Gen 4, so figured it would be nice to have a full size of each Gen, and also in looking at aftermarket support right now the stuff that's out besides barrels is for the Gen 3 guns. IE: RSA, Springs, Slides, etc, etc.

Put 100 rounds of 180gr American eagle down range with it, not one hiccup, I know that's not a lot but it's what I had time for and I didn't want to spend too much on ammo with the reloading components I ordered already en route.

Have en route (1) Box of Underwood 180gr TMJ, and (1) Box of their 180gr Golden Sabres as well.

From Graf's I have 5K LPP (CCI), 8# of Longshot, and the 10MM dies, and 500 pcs of Starline brass.

Have 1K of Starline backordered direct from them.

And from Brian enos a spare tool head for the 550 with powder die, caliber conversion kit, and another Powder Measure so I can just leave it on and make it truly quick change.

Also have a LW barrel en route for my G21 to shoot lead through it.

Going to wait on the barrel for the G20 until I see how it goes with the stock barrel for now.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Fire_Medic
07-14-2012, 08:48
Bullets are in can't believe how fast they came.

Taterhead
07-14-2012, 14:43
Bullets are in can't believe how fast they came.

Alrighty then. Just in time for the weekend. Next up, the range report for your home-baked goodies!

Congratulations on the Gen3 20! I love mine, and I am sure that you will love yours.

Fire_Medic
07-14-2012, 15:07
Alrighty then. Just in time for the weekend. Next up, the range report for your home-baked goodies!

Congratulations on the Gen3 20! I love mine, and I am sure that you will love yours.

Not that fast unfortunately, the order from Graf's and Brian Enos is still not in with the powder, brass, primers, and stuff for the press.

But this is like the 3rd time I have ordered from TJConvera and couldn't be happier, they ship quick.

arushus
07-14-2012, 18:09
Congrats on the purchase! Cant go wrong with the tried and true Gen 3!

Fire_Medic
07-17-2012, 12:35
Package arrived from Underwood today:

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/ffgabe/Toys/IMG_5244.jpg

Fire_Medic
07-18-2012, 10:02
The Dillon stuff I ordered came in, getting closer.......

Hopefully the order from Graf's comes later today and then I can start reloading tonight or tomorrow morning.......

:supergrin:

Fire_Medic
07-18-2012, 13:21
So of course for the first time since I have lived in this house UPS comes today at a different time than usual, missed the delivery of the rest of the goodies, but I was able to call for them to hold the package at the local shipping center, but won't be able to go pick it up until later tonight, much later than I expected.

nickE10mm
07-18-2012, 16:07
So of course for the first time since I have lived in this house UPS comes today at a different time than usual, missed the delivery of the rest of the goodies, but I was able to call for them to hold the package at the local shipping center, but won't be able to go pick it up until later tonight, much later than I expected.

You're just like me ... I'm like a personal investigator when my package is in the neighborhood... lol

Fire_Medic
07-18-2012, 16:52
You're just like me ... I'm like a personal investigator when my package is in the neighborhood... lol

Yup, inside the 1HR countdown now, lol :rofl:

Fire_Medic
07-18-2012, 18:32
Now the fun can begin:

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/ffgabe/Toys/IMG_5245.jpg

nickE10mm
07-18-2012, 20:10
I'm jealous of your jug of longshot

Fire_Medic
07-18-2012, 20:15
I'm jealous of your jug of longshot

That's what she said........:rofl:

deadite
07-18-2012, 22:03
That's what she said........:rofl:

:rofl:

:faint:

Fire_Medic
07-19-2012, 10:32
Got another goodie today for the G20, I wasn't planning on an extended barrel since I don't hunt, but the shop I go to for these things locally only had a 6" KKM barrel, so that's what I ended up with.......I didn't want to wait for a standard length barrel to come in, and all the reloading stuff is in so.......:whistling: