PDA

View Full Version : Portland Oregon 2012 Final Results

S.Kargoh
07-11-2012, 16:12
http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2012/2012por.pdf

Congrats!

yobohadi
07-11-2012, 16:50
Grats on that Pistol place in Comp S.Kargoh!

S.Kargoh
07-11-2012, 17:21
Thanks! Which gun should I get?

yobohadi
07-11-2012, 17:32
The one you really really want! :)

yobohadi
07-12-2012, 12:01
Did you decide yet?

It looks like Tom Angell graduated to Master class with the Civ win, Grats to Tom!

yobohadi
07-12-2012, 12:20
Chuck A. can sure rock that sub compact... Is that a G26 you use Chuck?

S.Kargoh
07-12-2012, 12:38
I decided I need to win them all.

Narrowed down to

26, 19, 30, 21

PM720
07-12-2012, 13:29
I vote for the 30. It shoots SWEET and you can use it in EVERY division if you want. I shoot my G30SF in Sub, HM & MSub. :supergrin:

Scott

S.Kargoh
07-12-2012, 13:50
G30 was my first glock. I loved it and would love to have one again. But i also want to try something different

yobohadi
07-12-2012, 14:07
Go for the 26, I love my G27, they make great carry guns.

PM720
07-12-2012, 14:22
Well, I have a 19 & 21 also and love them all. The only Glock that I have shot so far that I even remotely disliked was a 23 with some pretty hot ammo in it. MUCH snappier than my 35/22.

Scott

yobohadi
07-13-2012, 13:56
Looks like you may be choosing 2 guns now if the Montana results stand. :)

Lawman223
08-03-2012, 09:22
Chuck A. can sure rock that sub compact... Is that a G26 you use Chuck?

Sorry, haven't been on for awhile. Yes. I use a really old (BPD Serial) 26 for GSSF Sub. It's been a trooper for a lot of years. I have a new Gen 4 26 that is probably going to replace it, I just haven't got around to putting sights on it yet.

Lawman223
08-03-2012, 09:25
Just an early note for anyone planning on coming to Oregon for GSSF next year. Albany will be the only match in 2013. Tri County Gun Club has decided they don't want GSSF or Ruger Rimfire or USPSA shooting there anymore. GSSF and Ruger Rimfire because they are commercial entities and the club thinks it will bring the IRS down on them. USPSA because we do scary things with guns. Oh well. Maybe after all the action disciplines find somewhere else to shoot, and LE decides to train the way everyone else in the state...heck country...does and leaves it will be nice and quiet at TCGC and the club won't have to worry about those icky bullets.

PM720
08-03-2012, 11:55
Just an early note for anyone planning on coming to Oregon for GSSF next year. Albany will be the only match in 2013. Tri County Gun Club has decided they don't want GSSF or Ruger Rimfire or USPSA shooting there anymore. GSSF and Ruger Rimfire because they are commercial entities and the club thinks it will bring the IRS down on them. USPSA because we do scary things with guns. Oh well. Maybe after all the action disciplines find somewhere else to shoot, and LE decides to train the way everyone else in the state...heck country...does and leaves it will be nice and quiet at TCGC and the club won't have to worry about those icky bullets.

I for one am glad to see a business doing so well they can turn buisness away! :faint:

Scott

coyote 30
08-03-2012, 13:08

Who is running TCGC? Are they working for the Obama administration and trying to kill business? They put all that money into the pistol range and now they don't want any pistols shooting there, unbelievable.

S.Kargoh
08-03-2012, 16:00
That sucks. I like that range and portland match was my favorite.
F

un town, nice tine of year. Good trip for wife and me.

Darn fudds

Sierra
08-03-2012, 21:45
This is the second time Tri-County and Glock have parted ways. The first time was just after GSSF got going and Tri-County pulled out and the Match moved to Roseburg. Roseburg has a magnificent facility but then they pulled out after about ten years and Albany cranked up. Apparently, with the match only the name remains the same.

Lawman223
08-04-2012, 09:29
I for one am glad to see a business doing so well they can turn buisness away! :faint:

Scott

They aren't a business. They are a Non-Profit which is why they are freaked out any time something good comes their way. It's also one of those clubs that every few months considers putting a cap on the membership. Do we have too many people supporting us? Yep, time to jack the member ship rates up (an extra $50.00/year for 2012) and talk about cutting off people from the club.

That said, would there be interest if we moved the match to Dundee, OR? It's just south of Newberg. It's not as easy to get to off the freeway and in the summer with the winery people can be a bit traffic heavy. The club is smaller and I wouldn't be able to do three setups of everything like we did at TCGC. Two at best, and a couple of those would be sharing fairly tight quarters in the same bay. It's not a guarantee and with GSSF changing their fiscal year and TCGC waiting till the last minute to tell me they were cutting the program there's a good chance it won't happen until 2014. Just trying to see if it's worth making the push.

S.Kargoh
08-04-2012, 10:05
Afraid because non profit? Cant they just sink the money into improvements ?

Lawman223
08-04-2012, 10:38
Afraid because non profit? Cant they just sink the money into improvements ?

I'm not even going to pretend to know what the issue is. All I know is they have some funky status that means X percent of dollars have to come from members. If more non members use the range and give us money issues arise. Don't know. What I do know is there is no point arguing with them because it's not going to change anything. I've been doing that most of this year on one item or another.

PM720
08-04-2012, 10:56
I hear you about talking to a brick wall but it sounds like they need to talk to a tax professional! NHRA & AAA auto club are both "non profits" and they take in millions. You just need to spend it in some fashion. In the case of NHRA it is in the form of exuberant salaries and bonuses. :wow:

Scott

SARDG
08-04-2012, 13:18
...would there be interest if we moved the match to Dundee, OR? It's just south of Newberg. It's not as easy to get to off the freeway and in the summer with the winery people can be a bit traffic heavy. The club is smaller and I wouldn't be able to do three setups of everything like we did at TCGC. Two at best, and a couple of those would be sharing fairly tight quarters in the same bay. It's not a guarantee and with GSSF changing their fiscal year and TCGC waiting till the last minute to tell me they were cutting the program there's a good chance it won't happen until 2014. Just trying to see if it's worth making the push.
You need to read the GSSF Match Host Application and get a feel for what GSSF looks for. If you think one of those clubs better suits the needs of GSSF, go sell it to that club and have them submit an App. With the fiscal year changing, I am not completely certain of proposed submission cutoff dates but I think you need your App submitted by ~September and choices will be offered, then finalized sometime in November.

Here are excerpts from an OLD e-mail from Scott G. concerning applications and selection:

"It is clear at this point that GSSF has more new host club applicants than we are going to be able to accommodate this time around. However, if your club does not make it onto the schedule this year it does not necessarily mean that you will not make it onto the schedule in a future year. Clubs do come and go, and a club dropping out in a future year may create an opening that did not exist before... ...anything can happen in this process....

...You will note below that some new host club applicants have made requests for specific dates (1st/2nd/3rd choice). This is fine. I suggest that any new host club applicants who have not done so, do so at this time. It may make a difference in GSSF’s final selection of just which clubs, new and existing, make it onto the final schedule. Even if there are already two confirmed matches on a given week end, make your request known anyway."

There are generally more applications than there is room on the schedule, but you would possibly fill a void and have a shot.

I know all about submiting these apps as I managed to get our club on the short list - just before we were denied! :crying: I guess I don't know how to be accepted.:faint:

ETA: App is here:
http://www.gssfonline.com/hot-topics.cfm

Lawman223
08-04-2012, 19:26
You need to read the GSSF Match Host Application and get a feel for what GSSF looks for. If you think one of those clubs better suits the needs of GSSF, go sell it to that club and have them submit an App. With the fiscal year changing, I am not completely certain of proposed submission cutoff dates but I think you need your App submitted by ~September and choices will be offered, then finalized sometime in November.

Here are excerpts from an OLD e-mail from Scott G. concerning applications and selection:

"It is clear at this point that GSSF has more new host club applicants than we are going to be able to accommodate this time around. However, if your club does not make it onto the schedule this year it does not necessarily mean that you will not make it onto the schedule in a future year. Clubs do come and go, and a club dropping out in a future year may create an opening that did not exist before... ...anything can happen in this process....

...You will note below that some new host club applicants have made requests for specific dates (1st/2nd/3rd choice). This is fine. I suggest that any new host club applicants who have not done so, do so at this time. It may make a difference in GSSF’s final selection of just which clubs, new and existing, make it onto the final schedule. Even if there are already two confirmed matches on a given week end, make your request known anyway."

There are generally more applications than there is room on the schedule, but you would possibly fill a void and have a shot.

I know all about submiting these apps as I managed to get our club on the short list - just before we were denied! :crying: I guess I don't know how to be accepted.:faint:

ETA: App is here:
http://www.gssfonline.com/hot-topics.cfm

Yeah, I've filled it out before. I've been running the Portland GSSF match for the last three years and tried for about 5 years before that to get it brought to Portland. The range meets the minimum requirements for GSSF and would simply take the place of the PDX match rather than being a new event. The question wasn't regarding how the process works, but whether there is interest in the smaller venue further from Portland.

SARDG
08-04-2012, 20:16
Yeah, I've filled it out before. I've been running the Portland GSSF match for the last three years and tried for about 5 years before that to get it brought to Portland... ...The question wasn't regarding how the process works, but whether there is interest in the smaller venue further from Portland.
Oh... sorry. If there are no other venues close-by, won't people come to the new one? What is the mileage difference between the old and new venues from major metro areas? I would think a new replacement venue with staff and members dedicated to making it work, would stand a good chance from GSSF and of drawing a good crowd.

Gun Nutt
08-04-2012, 22:55
The question wasn't regarding how the process works, but whether there is interest in the smaller venue further from Portland.

This is why I just singed for a 2yr membership. Now my only options are Albany and Bremerton?.:faint:I'm game if you gan get it.:rock: