Wichita, Open Carry Legal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wichita, Open Carry Legal

A Fat Idiott
07-12-2012, 01:05
The city council still has to deliberate, but looks like Wichita will now be able to carry a gun while on "Safe"

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Open_Carry_Guns_In_Wichita_162002895.html

IndyGunFreak
07-12-2012, 05:52
Hmm, that would be an interesting law to read. What if a gun doesn't have an external safety? What if like a Glock, the "external safety" (ie, the one on the trigger) is passive? What about a XD, which only has a grip safety? What if you consider your gun carried "on safe" because you don't have mush between your ears and know not to pull the trigger?

Seems kind of a ridiculous requirement, and I'm guessing it will get some folks in trouble.

rvrctyrngr
07-12-2012, 06:25
Interesting. Guess no one can OC a revolver.

Idjits.

SouthernBoyVA
07-12-2012, 06:55
Do keep in mind that laws are written and passed mostly by lawyers... who more often than not have very limited knowledge of firearms.

tomcon
07-12-2012, 13:11
I think they knew exactly what they were doing. Complying with the AG's ruling and still finding a way to inconvenience anyone open carrying.
I know, pretty cynical.

Do keep in mind that laws are written and passed mostly by lawyers... who more often than not have very limited knowledge of firearms.

Bananas
07-12-2012, 15:18
Living in Wichita, I probably won't OC, but this at least makes it VIABLE. Previously the law in Wichita was that you could OC with an EMPTY gun... with a mag or speedloader in your pocket! :rofl:

That, thankfully, didn't last long.