NC news outlet posts database containing addresses of CCW holders. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NC news outlet posts database containing addresses of CCW holders.

FatPants
07-12-2012, 12:45
What a crock! I'm pretty outraged about this.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/11295888/?appSession=485305356345917&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=2&CPIsortType=desc&CPIorderby=Address&cbCurrentPageSize=

Chesafreak
07-12-2012, 13:04
I only saw street names, not specific addresses. They also left out the permit holder's names. You can look at this one of two ways: 1. Criminals know where guns are and can steal them, or 2. Criminals know what streets have more gun owners and therefore know what neighborhoods to avoid. I think that since names and specific addresses were not included, that number 2 will be more likely.

FatPants
07-12-2012, 13:07
Earlier, it was showing specific addresses, it appears they edited it after the backlash from locals.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Chesafreak
07-12-2012, 13:27
Earlier, it was showing specific addresses, it appears they edited it after the backlash from locals.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I read in the comments that someone posted the address of the editor in response to the addresses of permit holders being posted online. :rofl:

Thumpernator
07-12-2012, 13:46
Like the 'glass full or half empty' deal, the list also show where the guns "aren't." :)

NC Bullseye
07-12-2012, 14:54
Like the 'glass full or half empty' deal, the list also show where the guns "aren't." :)

So the only way to have a gun is to have a CHP? :whistling:

Thumpernator
07-12-2012, 16:03
So the only way to have a gun is to have a CHP? :whistling:

Damn,,,, now ya took all the fun out of it. Good point....duh on me. :faint:

cowboy1964
07-12-2012, 23:18
It must be pretty tough to be a lefty. The world isn't bending according to their wishes as they would like. All they can do is lash out and make themselves look childish and vindictive.

scrapiron
07-13-2012, 06:00
Wow, this is crazy. As a resident of NC, I'm disappointed WRAL chose to make this data available.

Edit- I realize they're a news agency and my expectation should be as such- not that they report on news with an unbiased view.

jph02
07-13-2012, 06:17
Fill up the email boxes and jam the phone lines of the station and their advertisers. Then don't tune to the station and tell all your friends how they don't respect privacy rights.

Psychman
07-13-2012, 06:41
I love Indiana. We have a law here that prohibits news organizations from reporting names and addresses of CCW holders.

NC Bullseye
07-13-2012, 11:15
Fill up the email boxes and jam the phone lines of the station and their advertisers. Then don't tune to the station and tell all your friends how they don't respect privacy rights.

This is exactly the wrong approach. First, they are not breaking the law in any way. NC statute allows for this since the info is public.

What NEEDS to happen is instead of flooding the email of the WRAL you need to flood the email boxes of your NC representatives demanding they introduce another addendum to state law making this info private due to "personal security concerns".

Emailing the paper only indicates to them they are getting their message out there and that is what they want, more circulation and more viewers. The more they get a reaction the more they are going to report on it.

redbaron007
07-13-2012, 14:09
This is exactly the wrong approach. First, they are not breaking the law in any way. NC statute allows for this since the info is public.

What NEEDS to happen is instead of flooding the email of the WRAL you need to flood the email boxes of your NC representatives demanding they introduce another addendum to state law making this info private due to "personal security concerns".

Emailing the paper only indicates to them they are getting their message out there and that is what they want, more circulation and more viewers. The more they get a reaction the more they are going to report on it.

^^^
Exactly!!

Contact your reps to address this issue.

:wavey:

red

Ranger45
07-13-2012, 14:57
WRAL has always been a bastion of bliss-ninny liberalism (unless you're old enough to remember the days when Jesse Helms did editorial commentaries for them.) You can rest assured that they will do all they can to demonize guns and their owners.

Contacting our representatives is by far the best approach...you won't get far with station or it's advertisers.

garya1961
07-13-2012, 21:10
I remember watching Jesse Helms early in the morning before school.