Freedom of Religion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Religion

Woofie
07-13-2012, 11:16
http://thinkprogress.org/education/2012/07/06/511715/louisiana-republican-religious-islamic-schools/?mobile=nc

I grew up in the district Hodges represents. My dad still lives there. It's adjecent to the district I'm in now.

I don't see how it isn't a blatant violation of the constitution when your elected representatives go so far as to say that the state should pay for religious schools, as long as they're the correct religion.

Roering
07-13-2012, 11:30
http://thinkprogress.org/education/2012/07/06/511715/louisiana-republican-religious-islamic-schools/?mobile=nc

I grew up in the district Hodges represents. My dad still lives there. It's adjecent to the district I'm in now.

I don't see how it isn't a blatant violation of the constitution when your elected representatives go so far as to say that the state should pay for religious schools, as long as they're the correct religion.

Nor should you. It is a blatant violation. Then again, I think that the HHS mandate is also a blatant violation.

Cavalry Doc
07-13-2012, 14:18
If you're gonna do it for one, you have to do it for all. That's fair. I could see excluding one on a case by case basis if they start teaching violence as a legitimate way to subjugate others, but due process would be necessary.

snowbird
07-13-2012, 18:04

There is an inspirational painting of Gen. George Washington kneeling in the snow, praying to the Christian God. Our Founding Fathers had no problem with those who see Christianity as "the correct religion". And indeed, Christians did write the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and end slavery, along with building and staffing numerous schools and hospitals.

OTOH, they would be astounded and dismayed if they could see how decadent we've become today, when we have people, with straight faces, defending as equal to Christianity, a 'religion' (actually a fascist form of government disguised as a religion) which okays;
-pre-pubescent child rape (Koran 65:4)
-sex slaves (Koran 4:24)
-rape ("24:13)
-amputation and crucifixion ("5:33)
-theft and robbery (" entire chapter 8 called 'Booty')
-extortion (" 9:29)
-lying ("3:28, 5:51)
-stoning to death for adultery (Sahil Muslim 17.4206), and never-ending jihad warfare, hatred and bloodshed.

High-Gear
07-13-2012, 18:19
There is an inspirational painting of Gen. George Washington kneeling in the snow, praying to the Christian God. Our Founding Fathers had no problem with those who see Christianity as "the correct religion". And indeed, Christians did write the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and end slavery, along with building and staffing numerous schools and hospitals.

OTOH, they would be astounded and dismayed if they could see how decadent we've become today, when we have people, with straight faces, defending as equal to Christianity, a 'religion' (actually a fascist form of government disguised as a religion) which okays;
-stoning to death for adultery (Sahil Muslim 17.4206), and never-ending jihad warfare, hatred and bloodshed.

Wow, you speak for how the founding fathers would think?

Would you only be happy if this nation were a christian theocracy?

Woofie
07-13-2012, 19:13

Your evidence of the founding fathers believing christianity to be the correct religion is a painting of George Washington? Laughable.

The Treaty of Tripoli; signed by President John Adams, and unanimously ratified by the Senate.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Adams also said

The doctrine of the divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity.

President Thomas Jefferson:

I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth.

President James Madison:

What influence in fact have Christian ecclesiastical establishments had on civil society? In many instances they have been upholding the thrones of political tyranny. In no instance have they been seen as the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty have found in the clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate liberty, does not need the clergy.

Or perhaps Thomas Paine

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

So do you have any paintings that show how we should discriminate against Muslims? or will you just tell me, once again, about 19000 deadly attacks?

High-Gear
07-13-2012, 19:30
Since paintings are such evidence.
http://alenthony.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/jesus.jpg

steveksux
07-13-2012, 19:35
Since paintings are such evidence.
http://alenthony.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/jesus.jpgAmen!!! :tongueout::rofl::supergrin:

Randy

Woofie
07-13-2012, 20:00
:rofl:

Guss
07-13-2012, 20:58
There is an inspirational painting of Gen. George Washington kneeling in the snow, praying to the Christian God...
And I'm sure you're happy that we have a Christian President now who prays daily.

fowl intent
07-13-2012, 21:31
Valerie, you ignorant slut....

Animal Mother
07-13-2012, 22:56
There is an inspirational painting of Gen. George Washington kneeling in the snow, praying to the Christian God. A painting created in 1975, not exactly a contemporary record of Washington's beliefs.
Our Founding Fathers had no problem with those who see Christianity as "the correct religion". Nor did they have a problem with those who did not see it as such.
And indeed, Christians did write the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and end slavery, along with building and staffing numerous schools and hospitals. Christians also opposed all these things.

And we reach the crazed rant portion of the post....

G26S239
07-13-2012, 23:24
Christians also fought in the British ranks during the revolution, justified slavery, founded the CSA with the intent of maintaining slavery and spilled blood to maintain their right to have slaves.

On a practical level modern Islam is a much bigger POS than modern Christianity is in terms of bombings, honor killings, mass murders etc. On a philosophical level both are variations of the Invisible Friend In The Sky archetype superstition.

"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" does prevent the government from favoring one religion over another. Is your reading comprehension is too limited to see that?

NMG26
07-14-2012, 05:48
Your evidence of the founding fathers believing christianity to be the correct religion is a painting of George Washington? Laughable.

The Treaty of Tripoli; signed by President John Adams, and unanimously ratified by the Senate.

Adams also said

President Thomas Jefferson:

President James Madison:

Or perhaps Thomas Paine

So do you have any paintings that show how we should discriminate against Muslims? or will you just tell me, once again, about 19000 deadly attacks?

Tagged for this.

snowbird
07-14-2012, 09:20
"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" does prevent the government from favoring one religion over another. Is your reading comprehension is too limited to see that?

So why was Rev. Franklin Graham disinvited to speak at the Pentagon National Prayer Day? Answer: because his comments were not supportive of Islam. But isn't this government favoring of Islam over Christianity? You bet it is.

Antonio Peck, age 5, was asked to make a poster about saving the environment. His work was rejected by his (taxpayer-funded) kindergarten teacher, Susan Weichert, because it was too Christian -she infringed on his right to free expression of (Christian) religion.

Anti-Christian bias is rife in today's decadent culture. Speaking against sin gets labelled "hate speech". Municipalities fine people whose homes house private Bible study. Our first Muslim president cancelled a Nat'l Day of Prayer at the WH in favor of celebrating Muslim Ramadan. And he endorsed the Ground Zero Mosque, where Muslims slaughtered thousands of innocent American civilians on 9/11. And he disrespected Israeli PM Netanyahu, but bowed to the Saudi Muslim king. Nonetheless, today's news says he has a 7-point lead over Romney.

The prophet Ezekiel lived in a similarly decadent society that had fallen away from God. As God says in chapter 12:2, "Thou dwelleth in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not..." Today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has risen to 19,210, but those which have eyes to see, yet see not, will fail to notice.

A word to the wise; Ezekiel's decadent society came to a bad end. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

DrewF86
07-14-2012, 09:42
No one has a problem with the government supporting their agenda, regardless of what the laws of our country actually say. As has been said, the founding fathers were not Christians, and all of them spoke harshly against it.

People like Snowbird crack me up. When you point out how our country isn't supposed to have an official religion, without skipping a beat they turn to "Waaaaah anti-christians why won't you just let us make our beliefs your laws regardless of what you believe? America is anti-christian!"

High-Gear
07-14-2012, 09:42
So why was Rev. Franklin Graham disinvited to speak at the Pentagon National Prayer Day? Answer: because his comments were not supportive of Islam. But isn't this government favoring of Islam over Christianity? You bet it is.

They disinvited a person who is openly hostile to others. Hopefully they would disinvite Fred Phelps as well.

Antonio Peck, age 5, was asked to make a poster about saving the environment. His work was rejected by his (taxpayer-funded) kindergarten teacher, Susan Weichert, because it was too Christian -she infringed on his right to free expression of (Christian) religion.
Because it is taxpayer funded, it is not a place for a person to evangelize.
Would you object if the teacher rejected a poster by a child who insisted Allah was the answer?

Anti-Christian bias is rife in today's decadent culture. Speaking against sin gets labelled "hate speech". Municipalities fine people whose homes house private Bible study.
Please cite a source

Our first Muslim president cancelled a Nat'l Day of Prayer at the WH in favor of celebrating Muslim Ramadaan.[/QUOTE]
Cite a source.

And he endorsed the Ground Zero Mosque, where Muslims slaughtered thousands of innocent American civilians on 9/11.

The mosque is not a "Ground Zero" and they have the right to build where they wish...this is America.

The prophet Ezekiel lived in a similarly decadent society that had fallen away from God. As God says in chapter 12:2, "Thou dwelleth in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not..." Today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has risen to 19,210, but those which have eyes to see, yet see not, will fail to notice.

A word to the wise; Ezekiel's decadent society came to a bad end. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

More ranting

Just because people are not bowing down to your religion, does not mean you are being discriminated against. Christians have had a free pass for so long, you feel hurt by being put back into your place.

Cavalry Doc
07-14-2012, 09:59
I've often said that the founders disagreed amongst themselves greatly, and sometimes even more with themselves.

George Washington

JUDGE; MEMBER OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS; COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE CONTINENTAL ARMY; PRESIDENT OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION; FIRST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES; “FATHER OF HIS COUNTRY”

"You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are."

"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."

"The blessing and protection of Heaven are at all times necessary but especially so in times of public distress and danger. The General hopes and trusts that every officer and man will endeavor to live and act as becomes a Christian soldier, defending the dearest rights and liberties of his country."

"I now make it my earnest prayer that God would… most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of the mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion." (http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755)

Woofie
07-14-2012, 10:06

Anti-Christian bias is rife in today's decadent culture. Speaking against sin gets labelled "hate speech". Municipalities fine people whose homes house private Bible study. Our first Muslim president cancelled a Nat'l Day of Prayer at the WH in favor of celebrating Muslim Ramadan. And he endorsed the Ground Zero Mosque, where Muslims slaughtered thousands of innocent American civilians on 9/11. And he disrespected Israeli PM Netanyahu, but bowed to the Saudi Muslim king. Nonetheless, today's news says he has a 7-point lead over Romney.

Everything High Gear just said, plus this.

Anti-Christian bias is rife in today's decadent culture.

How can you seriously make this claim when the OP is about an existing state program intended to fund Christian schools with taxpayer money?

High-Gear
07-14-2012, 10:17
Anti-Christian bias is rife in today's decadent culture

I'm reminded of that every time I drive past a multi-million tax free church, or see "In God We Trust" on currency, or hear every politician mention God in his speech. Right, rife with anti-christian bias!

G26S239
07-14-2012, 14:02
And he disrespected Israeli PM Netanyahu, but bowed to the Saudi Muslim king. Nonetheless, today's news says he has a 7-point lead over Romney.Netanyahoo disrespected the Whitehouse when he showed up demanding that traitor scumbag Jonathan Pollard be released. You Israel first 5th columnists are a bunch of effing traitors. BO should not have bowed to Saudi's king. That said your entire post was not a rebuttal but misdirection.

snowbird
07-14-2012, 14:18
You Israel first 5th columnists are a bunch of effing traitors.

I happened to have served in the US Army, not the Israeli Defense Forces. But I regard them as allies, the unfortunate Jonathan Pollard case notwithstanding. Israel is on the front line in the struggle for freedom and against sharia in the modern jihad. Which side are you on? "Blessed is he that blesseth thee (Israel), and cursed is he that curseth thee" Numbers 24:9.

G26S239
07-14-2012, 14:44
I happened to have served in the US Army, not the Israeli Defense Forces. But I regard them as allies, the unfortunate Jonathan Pollard case notwithstanding. Israel is on the front line in the struggle for freedom and against sharia in the modern jihad. Which side are you on? "Blessed is he that blesseth thee (Israel), and cursed is he that curseth thee" Numbers 24:9.

Benedict Arnold served in the US Army too. Didn't stop him from putting other interests first did it?

Animal Mother
07-14-2012, 16:17

I think my favorite thing about you snowy is that you don't let the fact that every single claim you make is completely wrong slow you down. As soon as a set of insane declarations is refuted you toss out a whole new set without even acknowledging the previous errors. It must be amazing to feel absolutely no need to actually defend anything you say.

snowbird
07-14-2012, 16:42
Benedict Arnold served in the US Army too. Didn't stop him from putting other interests first did it?

It certainly did not, just like with Major Nidal Hassan, the Fort Hood jihad mass-murderer.

Concern about traitors against the West in general, and against the US in particular, in this current jihad war that Islam is waging against us, is what the counterjihad movement is about.

So why do you keep attacking counterjihadism? Are you admitting that the likes of you and AM are traitors?

Gunhaver
07-14-2012, 16:50
I think my favorite thing about you snowy is that you don't let the fact that every single claim you make is completely wrong slow you down. As soon as a set of insane declarations is refuted you toss out a whole new set without even acknowledging the previous errors. It must be amazing to feel absolutely no need to actually defend anything you say.

Ablative logic.

High-Gear
07-14-2012, 17:01

So why do you keep attacking counterjihadism? Are you admitting that the likes of you and AM are traitors?

No, I think they are tired of hearing about overblown conspiracy theories from neo-Mcarthy types who see a jihadist behind every tree!

G26S239
07-14-2012, 17:09
It certainly did not, just like with Major Nidal Hassan, the Fort Hood jihad mass-murderer.

Concern about traitors against the West in general, and against the US in particular, in this current jihad war that Islam is waging against us, is what the counterjihad movement is about.

My loyalty is to the USA not some foreign power unlike your loyalty to Israel. Attacking counterjihadism? You are an idiot as well as a 5th columnist. You cannot find any post by me condoning or minimizing the actions of muzzie scum.

snowbird
07-14-2012, 19:00
You Israel first 5th columnists are a bunch of effing traitors.

This is the same type of anti-American, anti-Semitic propaganda that Nazis and Islamists are noted for. It goes against the Judeo-Christian civilization that begat America. How can you claim "loyalty to the USA" when you betray her first principles?

High-Gear
07-14-2012, 19:06
This is the same type of anti-American, anti-Semitic propaganda that Nazis and Islamists are noted for. It goes against the Judeo-Christian civilization that begat America. How can you claim "loyalty to the USA" when you betray her first principles?

Keep lying to yourself.

G26S239
07-15-2012, 01:28
The KGB used the MICE principle to get people like you to betray their country.
Money
Ideology
Coercion
Ego
In your case the Ideological superstition that unless the USA kisses Israel's butt that your big bad boogeyman in the sky will get you. You are a 5th columnist traitor. Even if Israel had the same interests as the USA - which they don't - there is such a thing as a false flag recruitment. Are you another Pollard snowbird? Did you give up classified info while you were in and kid yourself that it was all for the greater good like Bradley Manning and Kim Philby did? It would not surprise me if you had.

Animal Mother
07-15-2012, 03:47
This is the same type of anti-American, anti-Semitic propaganda that Nazis and Islamists are noted for. It goes against the Judeo-Christian civilization that begat America. How can you claim "loyalty to the USA" when you betray her first principles?What uniquely "Judeo-Christian" belief do we find among the United States' first principles?

snowbird
07-15-2012, 06:52
The KGB used the MICE principle to get people like you to betray their country.
Money
Ideology
Coercion
Ego
In your case the Ideological superstition that unless the USA kisses Israel's butt that your big bad boogeyman in the sky will get you. You are a 5th columnist traitor. Even if Israel had the same interests as the USA - which they don't - there is such a thing as a false flag recruitment. Are you another Pollard snowbird? Did you give up classified info while you were in and kid yourself that it was all for the greater good like Bradley Manning and Kim Philby did? It would not surprise me if you had.

Which Peoples Liberation Army did you serve in during the Cold War, comrade?:rofl:

steveksux
07-15-2012, 09:20
What uniquely "Judeo-Christian" belief do we find among the United States' first principles?Obviously the First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion except for Christianity, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, except for non-Christians buying property at Ground Zero; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Randy

G26S239
07-15-2012, 21:42
Which Peoples Liberation Army did you serve in during the Cold War, comrade?:rofl:

That the best deflection you can come up with snowball? Not comfortable answering about your questionable loyalty?

NATTC Memphis June 1978 AE(A1).

http://i47.tinypic.com/10yeus5.jpg

steveksux
07-15-2012, 21:53
This from the guy that whines about other people slinging ad homs? :rofl:

Randy

snowbird
07-17-2012, 09:17
Not comfortable answering about your questionable loyalty?

Muslims have launched at least that many deadly terror attacks just since 9/11, as of today. You see, Islam is at war with us, and we have to choose sides. My posts show that I'm on the counterjihadist (i.e. pro-traditional America) side. I'll admit I haven't seen you come out and declare yourself a Muslim yet, but your posts suggest a certain fraternization with them on your part.

That picture, I guess, is to indicate that you once served in our Air Force? If so, thank-you for your service. But as you already noted, Benedict Arnold once served honorably too, before he went wrong.

Where does your loyalty lie?

G26S239
07-17-2012, 12:44

Muslims have launched at least that many deadly terror attacks just since 9/11, as of today. You see, Islam is at war with us, and we have to choose sides. My posts show that I'm on the counterjihadist (i.e. pro-traditional America) side. I'll admit I haven't seen you come out and declare yourself a Muslim yet, but your posts suggest a certain fraternization with them on your part.

That picture, I guess, is to indicate that you once served in our Air Force? If so, thank-you for your service. But as you already noted, Benedict Arnold once served honorably too, before he went wrong.

Where does your loyalty lie?
Your posts reveal you to be exactly the type of useful idiot who would be likely to give up classified data in the same manner that Pollard and Manning did. You have conflated loyalty to the USA with loyalty to a foreign power - Israel - and are vulnerable to ideological recruitment as a result.

Rather than refute this (because you can't?) you choose to first imply that I am communist and follow up by accusing me of fraternizing with Jihadists. How about backing up either of those claims snowball? I have several thousand posts here @ GT. Find posts of mine sympathetic to either communism or jihad/Islam and link or quote them here.

Or are you comfortable bearing false witness with no corroborating evidence?

eracer
07-17-2012, 12:46
It's not 'Freedom of religion.'

It's 'Freedom FROM religion,' and 'Freedom of religion.'

The 1st amendment protects us from the imposition of ANY form of religion by the government, and allows citizens to practice theirs without interference from the government.

snowbird
07-18-2012, 05:56
You have conflated loyalty to the USA with loyalty to a foreign power - Israel - and are vulnerable to ideological recruitment as a result.

Here's a newsflash for you: Israel is not trying to take over the world.

But Islam is. Both their scripture and the example of their bloodthirsty, heartless, imperialistic army-leading prophet urge them to hate non-Muslims and to conquer them, giving them only the choice of converting, submitting, or dying. Maybe you're okay with that. I'm not. I've got this crazy, old-fashioned, American idea that freedom is better than slavery.

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' -old saying. This is why Hitler's book, "Mein Kampf", still sells well in Muslim-dominated lands. Both Mohammed and Hitler especially hated Jews. Our left sympathized with the communists in the Cold War and now with the jihadists. You evidently sympathize with the jihadists since you attack Israel and other counterjihadists, including me (therefore you are assisting the jihadists), therefore it is reasonable to assume you sympathized with the communists too.

G26S239
07-18-2012, 06:42
Here's a newsflash for you: Israel is not trying to take over the world.

But Islam is. Both their scripture and the example of their bloodthirsty, heartless, imperialistic army-leading prophet urge them to hate non-Muslims and to conquer them, giving them only the choice of converting, submitting, or dying. Maybe you're okay with that. I'm not. I've got this crazy, old-fashioned, American idea that freedom is better than slavery.

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' -old saying. This is why Hitler's book, "Mein Kampf", still sells well in Muslim-dominated lands. Both Mohammed and Hitler especially hated Jews. Our left sympathized with the communists in the Cold War and now with the jihadists. You evidently sympathize with the jihadists since you attack Israel and other counterjihadists, including me (therefore you are assisting the jihadists), therefore it is reasonable to assume you sympathized with the communists too.
Just how many years were you in 3rd grade snowball? I asked you for evidence from my posts that I am fraternizing with jihadists - as you claimed - or evidence of my alleged sympathy with communists - which you implied. Of course you can provide neither so you use that ^^^ circle jerk excuse for logic to try and justify the claim that I am a muzzie jihadist and a commie. :upeyes:

And you do all of this to get out of explaining your loyalty to a foreign power. That part of your quoted post that I bolded is very telling. You appear to have a touch of megalomania mixed in with your lack of critical thinking skills.

Woofie
07-18-2012, 07:53
Just how many years were you in 3rd grade snowball? I asked you for evidence from my posts that I am fraternizing with jihadists - as you claimed - or evidence of my alleged sympathy with communists - which you implied. Of course you can provide neither so you use that ^^^ circle jerk excuse for logic to try and justify the claim that I am a muzzie jihadist and a commie. :upeyes:

And you do all of this to get out of explaining your loyalty to a foreign power. That part of your quoted post that I bolded is very telling. You appear to have a touch of megalomania mixed in with your lack of critical thinking skills.

Hi. You must be new here. Don't expect anything out of snowbird.

snowbird
07-18-2012, 08:50
Just how many years were you in 3rd grade snowball?... circle jerk excuse for logic... your loyalty to a foreign power.

Here we have a textbook example of Marxist Alinsky-style tactics of trying to discredit a patriot/counterjihadist who is bringing forth good information. In short, it's called an Ad Hominem attack -lefty activists do it all the time in their Leftist-Islamic Axis effort to end free speech.

Omar Khadr is an angry bearded Muslim terrorist who murdered American Christopher Speer, a US military medic who had, just 6 days earlier, walked into a minefield to save 2 wounded children. Seems pretty open-shut, bad-guy versus good-guy to me.

I'm on Christopher's side.

From your ranting against Israel and other counterjihadists, you are on Omar's side, the Islamofascist side, apparently because you share his anti-Semitism.

Tell me again who is the anti-American?

Bren
07-18-2012, 14:11
There is an inspirational painting of Gen. George Washington kneeling in the snow, praying to the Christian God. Our Founding Fathers had no problem with those who see Christianity as "the correct religion".

Interestingly, Washington is praying by himself, not making his troops do it...just like our generals do today and just like the constitution protects. I don't think the painting lends much support to your claims.
http://christianworldview.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/washington-praying.jpg

Bren
07-18-2012, 14:18
It's not 'Freedom of religion.'

It's 'Freedom FROM religion,' and 'Freedom of religion.'

The 1st amendment protects us from the imposition of ANY form of religion by the government, and allows citizens to practice theirs without interference from the government.

Freedom of religion necessarily includes freedom from religion - otherwise you are not free, you just have more forced choices.

If we can compel people to have a religion, but it can be any one they choose, as long as they have one, then people like me are going to choose religions we make up, or crazy fringe things like Odinism or Satanism. Then what? Do the christians agree that those are OK, because we have a religion? We all know better than that.

G26S239
07-18-2012, 14:32
Hi. You must be new here. Don't expect anything out of snowbird.
You got me there. I have not noticed him much before the last few weeks.
Here we have a textbook example of Marxist Alinsky-style tactics of trying to discredit a patriot/counterjihadist who is bringing forth good information. In short, it's called an Ad Hominem attack -lefty activists do it all the time in their Leftist-Islamic Axis effort to end free speech.

Omar Khadr is an angry bearded Muslim terrorist who murdered American Christopher Speer, a US military medic who had, just 6 days earlier, walked into a minefield to save 2 wounded children. Seems pretty open-shut, bad-guy versus good-guy to me.

I'm on Christopher's side.

From your ranting against Israel and other counterjihadists, you are on Omar's side, the Islamofascist side, apparently because you share his anti-Semitism.

Tell me again who is the anti-American?
No you have me using your own quoted post to illustrate your loyalty to a foreign power. So in your deluded mind loyalty to a foreign power = loyalty to America? :upeyes: You are no more pro America than was Gus Hall.

OTOH you have to resort to spinning a bunch of bs extrapolations about where my loyalty is because out of more than 7400 posts I have made here you cannot find even ONE to support your idiotic assertions.

snowbird
07-19-2012, 08:55
So in your deluded mind loyalty to a foreign power = loyalty to America?

Look up the word "ally". Or are you saying America can't have allies? Israel is our ally. Islam is our enemy (or how do you explain 9/11, and countless other enemy actions?).

Libs resort to personal attacks because the facts are against them. Libs have all kinds of attitude, but, sadly for them, reality isn't on their side.

Here's reality:

A jihad mass murderer with a fake US passport and fake Michigan driver's license blew up a bus in Bulgaria, killing 5 Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver, and the jihadist himself (no doubt he believed he'd get 72 virgins). Could there have been an Iran-backed Hezbollah jihadist from Michigan? Nah, all our GTRI 'progressives' say that Muslims, especially Muslims from Michigan, are all peaceful, law-abiding, and loyal to the US Constitution.:upeyes: Now there's some "loyalty to a foreign power" that you need to be concerned about. Loyalty to Islam.

Here's more reality:

Obama's 'Justice' Dept is suing on behalf of the Murfreesboro mega-mosque. And a federal judge in cahoots with Obama and the Muslims, has ordered it to open. Why a huge Muslim compound where there are few Muslims? Because if you build it, they will come, most likely. It's most likely funded by Saudi Arabia (more 'loyalty to a foreign power' that is ominous). Watch for Murfreesboro to quickly turn into Dearborn.

G26S239
07-19-2012, 14:35
I happened to have served in the US Army, not the Israeli Defense Forces. But I regard them as allies, the unfortunate Jonathan Pollard case notwithstanding. Israel is on the front line in the struggle for freedom and against sharia in the modern jihad. Which side are you on? "Blessed is he that blesseth thee (Israel), and cursed is he that curseth thee" Numbers 24:9.Right there is your superstition at work. That post betrays your loyalty to a foreign power that has passed US military info to others to benefit themselves. Israel is no ally. Israel is a treacherous leech that takes aid from the US and pays the US back by selling US military technology to China. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/israel-accused-of-selling-us-secrets-to-china-1510406.html The unfortunate Pollard case us business as usual. Israel used US aid to help China develop a better fighter. http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/DL04Ad01.html

Look up the word "ally". Or are you saying America can't have allies? Israel is our ally. Islam is our enemy (or how do you explain 9/11, and countless other enemy actions?).Your idea of what an ally behaves like is pretty skewed snowball. As for jihad around the world that is not exactly classified information. I am well aware of the murderous activities of al Shabaab, Abu Sayaf, Lashkar e Taiba and others of that ilk. Stop pretending that you are the only GT member who is aware of it.

snowbird
07-20-2012, 07:52
As for jihad around the world that is not exactly classified information. I am well aware of the murderous activities of al Shabaab, Abu Sayaf, Lashkar e Taiba and others of that ilk.

You left out all those Palestinian Muslim terror groups. They are most certainly part of the global jihad too. Remember all those Palestinians dancing in the streets right after 9/11? They hate both Israel AND us.

Islamic actions speak louder than lib words.

G26S239
07-20-2012, 15:24
You can't answer why it is okay for Israel to sell Shared American Military technology with communist China so you try to talk past it snowball. It won't work. The foreign power that you are loyal to resells American military technology and you are okay with everything they do. You are pathetic.

snowbird
07-20-2012, 16:11
Christians also fought in the British ranks during the revolution, justified slavery, founded the CSA with the intent of maintaining slavery and spilled blood to maintain their right to have slaves.

Summing up then, we have 'Christians aren't perfect', and 'Israelis aren't perfect', so we should just put the all-wise G26S239 in charge of everything, is that about it?:upeyes:

Woofie
07-20-2012, 17:06
"Christians aren't perfect, but be afraid of Muslims because they are all terrorists."

G26S239
07-20-2012, 17:45
Summing up then, we have 'Christians aren't perfect', and 'Israelis aren't perfect', so we should just put the all-wise G26S239 in charge of everything, is that about it?:upeyes:
Where have I campaigned to be put in charge of everything? :rofl:

Kingarthurhk
07-20-2012, 19:35
"Christians aren't perfect, but be afraid of Muslims because they are all terrorists."

Or pissed off Atheists who shoot random people.

High-Gear
07-20-2012, 20:10
Or pissed off Atheists who shoot random people.

To whom are you referring?

Kingarthurhk
07-20-2012, 20:16
To whom are you referring?

I do recall in a recent incident a highly intelligent educatedion (as Atheists assert all those folks that are Theists to be intelectually bereft) shooting a a lot of people lately. There is was no "Alla Akbar" being shouted, or "In the name of God!" being declared.

It has been inferred that Christians and Muslims are dangerous, I posit that Colorado has had a rash of angry Atheists from Columbine to present.

High-Gear
07-20-2012, 20:25
I do recall in a recent incident a highly intelligent educatedion (as Atheists assert all those folks that are Theists to be intelectually bereft) shooting a a lot of people lately. There is was no "Alla Akbar" being shouted, or "In the name of God!" being declared.

It has been inferred that Christians and Muslims are dangerous, I posit that Colorado has had a rash of angry Atheists from Columbine to present.

Do you have any evidence as to the Religiousity of Mr. Holmes?

BTW - Dylan Klebold had a Jewish mom, and a Lutheran Dad. He attended both churches.

I'm also sure you are quoting the Cassie Bernall Martyr myth:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chu_viol2.htm
There is the Evangelical version, and the Sheriff's Department version.

There are two opposing versions about her interaction with the mass murderers on that tragic day:

According to Evangelical Christian sources and the popular media:
The perpetrators were motivated by a desire to kill Christians.
Just before her death, Cassie was in the library, studying her Bible.
Eric Harris burst into the room.
He asked her whether she believed in God.
Cassie clasped her hands in prayer, closed her eyes and said "Yes."
Erik killed her. 5
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department issued its report on the killings in mid-2000-MAY. It consists of almost 700 pages of text, audio files and video clips, on a CD. Officials conducted about 5,000 interviews of witnesses, and analyzed over 10,000 pieces of evidence. They concluded that:
The perpetrators were motivated by a desire to kill fellow students who made up the power cliques in the school -- the students who had harassed, ridiculed and marginalized Klebold and Harris. Religion was not a motivation.
Just before her death, Cassie Bernall was in the library, studying for a Shakespeare exam.
He went to Cassie's library table, "where he bent down and saw two frightened girls. He slapped the table top twice, said 'Peek-a-boo,' and fired, killing Cassie Bernall."
Student Valeen Schnurr was at another table. She had been critically hurt earlier by Dylan Klebold. She began to pray, 'Oh God, help me.'
"Klebold...came back and taunted her about her belief in God. He then walked away." 6
Cassie Bernall has become a martyr, within conservative Christian circles. She is believed to have died because of her faith in God, and her willingness to confirm that belief, even if it cost her her life. Her mother has written a moving account of her daughter's life and death. It has been published in hard cover, paperback and now in mass paperback. 5

The account pieced together by the Sheriffs Department told a very different story: It was Dylan Klebold and Valeen Schnurr who talked about God. Dylan may have decided to not take Valeen's life because of her faith in God. He had every opportunity to kill her, but walked away instead.

Gunhaver
07-20-2012, 20:39
Atheists assert all those folks that are Theists to be intelectually bereft

Maybe you could prove us wrong by actually putting some thought into your posts for a change.

Cavalry Doc
07-20-2012, 21:38

Not all Muslims are violent jihadists, but an awful lot of violent jihadists seem to be Muslim.

There are nut jobs of all creeds. Be prepared to meet your best friend and worst enemy daily.

High-Gear
07-21-2012, 07:22
Kingarthurhk,

Not ready to back up your atheist rampage shooter comment yet? He may have been an atheist, or a Mormon, or a Scientologist, however I don't think his religion or lack of was the causative factor. If you are going to come out and make accusations either back them up or I think you need to publicly retract your allegation.

Cavalry Doc
07-21-2012, 07:56
Guys, let's get real for a second. It does not matter in the slightest what theology this bag of hammers followed. It's not the cause, any more than being unemployed, or you would be seeing thousands if not millions of these events.

This P.O.S. is unique enough to be considered personally responsible and universally despised without trying to taint others that might share a trait or two with him. After all, most of us here are guys, right?

Cavalry Doc
07-21-2012, 07:59
Maybe you could prove us wrong by actually putting some thought into your posts for a change.

Ironic coming from the King of the drive by ad hom.

snowbird
07-21-2012, 09:54
Kingarthurhk,

Not ready to back up your atheist rampage shooter comment yet? He may have been an atheist, or a Mormon, or a Scientologist, however I don't think his religion or lack of was the causative factor. If you are going to come out and make accusations either back them up or I think you need to publicly retract your allegation.

I've read that he was a registered Democrat and an Obama supporter. Like that whackjob in Arizona who shot Mrs. Giffords, and then lefties started blaming Sarah Pallin and the Second Amendment.:upeyes:

Lefties sometimes claim that poverty causes these crimes...but this guy came from an upper middle class background.

Lefties sometimes claim that lack of education causes these crimes...but this guy was working on a Doctorate in Neuroscience.

I'll confess, I was somewhat surprised that this guy's name didn't turn out to be Mohammed, but the fact is, there are other evildoers out there besides Followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Solzhenitsyn correctly said that the line between good and evil runs through every human heart. God tempts us to be good, Satan tempts us to be evil (and sometimes he uses an alias such as Adolph, Allah, or Marx to fool people). He may very well have been an Atheist, but first and foremost, this Colorado shooter was just plain evil.

Kingarthurhk
07-21-2012, 10:35
Do you have any evidence as to the Religiousity of Mr. Holmes?

BTW - Dylan Klebold had a Jewish mom, and a Lutheran Dad. He attended both churches.

I'm also sure you are quoting the Cassie Bernall Martyr myth:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chu_viol2.htm
There is the Evangelical version, and the Sheriff's Department version.

There are two opposing versions about her interaction with the mass murderers on that tragic day:

According to Evangelical Christian sources and the popular media:
The perpetrators were motivated by a desire to kill Christians.
Just before her death, Cassie was in the library, studying her Bible.
He asked her whether she believed in God.
Cassie clasped her hands in prayer, closed her eyes and said "Yes."
Erik killed her. 5
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department issued its report on the killings in mid-2000-MAY. It consists of almost 700 pages of text, audio files and video clips, on a CD. Officials conducted about 5,000 interviews of witnesses, and analyzed over 10,000 pieces of evidence. They concluded that:
The perpetrators were motivated by a desire to kill fellow students who made up the power cliques in the school -- the students who had harassed, ridiculed and marginalized Klebold and Harris. Religion was not a motivation.
Just before her death, Cassie Bernall was in the library, studying for a Shakespeare exam.
He went to Cassie's library table, "where he bent down and saw two frightened girls. He slapped the table top twice, said 'Peek-a-boo,' and fired, killing Cassie Bernall."
Student Valeen Schnurr was at another table. She had been critically hurt earlier by Dylan Klebold. She began to pray, 'Oh God, help me.'
"Klebold...came back and taunted her about her belief in God. He then walked away." 6
Cassie Bernall has become a martyr, within conservative Christian circles. She is believed to have died because of her faith in God, and her willingness to confirm that belief, even if it cost her her life. Her mother has written a moving account of her daughter's life and death. It has been published in hard cover, paperback and now in mass paperback. 5

The account pieced together by the Sheriffs Department told a very different story: It was Dylan Klebold and Valeen Schnurr who talked about God. Dylan may have decided to not take Valeen's life because of her faith in God. He had every opportunity to kill her, but walked away instead.

Some of them had religious backgrounds. How many Atheists here had religious backgrounds? When someone goes up to another person and demands to know their religious belief, and when gets a answer that sets them off and they execute them. I would not call that a myth.

It happened, so it would be in fact a fact.

This latest incident was from what is vaunted a scientific mind, at the "top of the top" at UCLA, and working on a PHD in neuroscience. Again, if you follow the stero-type presented by Atheists here again and again and again, that would be an Atheist, as we Theists are too backward and stupid to be into the sciences.

So, given the streotypes presented about Theists here, the Colorado massacres were enacted by Atheists.

So, I guess, we can add to the dangerous people presented in this thread as not just being Muslims and Christians but trigger happy Atheists.

High-Gear
07-21-2012, 12:01
Some of them had religious backgrounds. How many Atheists here had religious backgrounds? When someone goes up to another person and demands to know their religious belief, and when gets a answer that sets them off and they execute them. I would not call that a myth.

It happened, so it would be in fact a fact.

This latest incident was from what is vaunted a scientific mind, at the "top of the top" at UCLA, and working on a PHD in neuroscience. Again, if you follow the stero-type presented by Atheists here again and again and again, that would be an Atheist, as we Theists are too backward and stupid to be into the sciences.

So, given the streotypes presented about Theists here, the Colorado massacres were enacted by Atheists.

So, I guess, we can add to the dangerous people presented in this thread as not just being Muslims and Christians but trigger happy Atheists.
Did you read the actual account from the investigation, he didn't shoot the person he asked about belief in god.

That being said, your reasoning skills are very lacking. You are embarassing yourself, but are too blind to see it.

Kingarthurhk
07-21-2012, 12:13
Did you read the actual account from the investigation, he didn't shoot the person he asked about belief in god.

That being said, your reasoning skills are very lacking. You are embarassing yourself, but are too blind to see it.

Nice editing on your part, but I watched the eye witness accounts of the low life asking the girl if she believe in God before blowing her brains out.

Kentak
07-21-2012, 12:16
Yep, a clear violation if the vouchers only apply to select religions.

High-Gear
07-21-2012, 12:18
Nice editing on your part, but I watched the eye witness accounts of the low life asking the girl if she believe in God before blowing her brains out.

Not editing on my part, read it for yourself. Its funny how people will repeat a story as fact. This is why the best practice is to not let witnesses talk before being interviewed.

Kingarthurhk
07-21-2012, 12:24
Not editing on my part, read it for yourself. Its funny how people will repeat a story as fact. This is why the best practice is to not let witnesses talk before being interviewed.

Yeah, not funny how eye witnesses repeat horrible events, especially years after...:upeyes:

snowbird
07-21-2012, 12:31
Yep, a clear violation if the vouchers only apply to select religions.

Islam shouldn't be classified as a religion because it is clearly a totalitarian political ideology completely incompatible with our free society.

A federal judge got it right yesterday. He ruled that (liberal) New York City buses have to accept ads on bus sides that read, "In any war between civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat jihad".

Today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 have climbed to 19,258. Does 'freedom of religion' cover that? Not in my books.

High-Gear
07-21-2012, 12:58
Islam shouldn't be classified as a religion because it is clearly a totalitarian political ideology completely incompatible with our free society.

Unlike your particular totalitarian political ideology masquerading as a religion? Which happens to be in direct competition with Islam.

snowbird
07-21-2012, 13:05
Unlike your particular totalitarian political ideology masquerading as a religion? Which happens to be in direct competition with Islam.

I agree that Christian Jeffersonian democracy is in direct competition with Islam, but how do you figure it is "totalitarian"?