New range/shop in town......Dissapointed :( [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New range/shop in town......Dissapointed :(

Beretta92guy
07-15-2012, 08:28
so there is a new range/shop in town (actually its in the next county, but only five minutes away)......

the other one we have in town is absolutely the best i have seen anywhere, and im surprised that another one actually opened up...but competition is good for the marketplace, so i decided to forego my regular range and give the new one a "shot"...LOL..

don't know what it is about gunshops, we all know the story about bad service and attitudes....and this new one has loads of it......

I just cannot stand going into a place as a customer and being ignored...ESPECIALLY when i am the ONLY one in the place, and there are at least six people behind the counter talking to each other, seemingly too "busy" to give me the time of day...

Im like, okay, the store is very nice so ill check out the merchandise......one thing that gets on my damn nerves is to be watched like a tree-full-of-owls when in a store looking at something.....I picked up a bottle of gun-oil and noticed a couple of the clerks behind the counter give me that "are you gonna steal that" look.......

went in to check out the range area, very nice......there is a big sign on the door that says "once the brass hits the floor, it is our property...and due to safety, no brass collecting will be allowed"..."no double taps or rapid fire, three seconds between shots"........

came back out and decided to check out some of their guns......went over to one display case and the back of it was actually open...i was bending over to look at something and one of the clerks ran over and shut the back of it, like i was going to try and snag a gun when no one was looking....

clerk: anything you need to see, ask....

me: where is the door?? oh there it is, good bye........

my regular shop/range has nothing to worry about........

GlocknSpiehl
07-15-2012, 08:49
Find the owner's name and send a politely worded letter explaining your experience and how poorly it reflected on his brand new store. Don't tell him "I'm never ever coming back" as that will just get your letter circular filed. Just tell him it made you feel unwelcome, especially as you were excited about a new store.

TheExplorer
07-15-2012, 08:55
went in to check out the range area, very nice......there is a big sign on the door that says "once the brass hits the floor, it is our property...and due to safety, no brass collecting will be allowed"..."no double taps or rapid fire, three seconds between shots"........

Me

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWsLloADKngjKyb04DhIqbR33rnHDUTykbZee89bI3v5pIapW9xA

Galleon13
07-15-2012, 09:10
Find the owner's name and send a politely worded letter explaining your experience and how poorly it reflected on his brand new store. Don't tell him "I'm never ever coming back" as that will just get your letter circular filed. Just tell him it made you feel unwelcome, especially as you were excited about a new store.

He hit it spot on. If you're nice and polite about it, maybe he will be sympathetic and will apologize with a a free range visit or something. You never know...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ca survivor
07-15-2012, 09:21
just with that sign that the brass is theirs, I won't be shooting there.

Dexters
07-15-2012, 09:25
so there is a new range/shop in town (actually its in the next county, but only five minutes away)......

Where is this store located?

You don't have your location in your profile.

Decguns
07-15-2012, 14:10
The latest round of EPA & OSHA regulations pretty much forbids anyone from touching the brass at a range without a full hazmat suit, respirator and chem gloves. Some ranges have already been slapped with 6 figure fines. Your "change" at work in DC.

Breadman03
07-15-2012, 15:14
The latest round of EPA & OSHA regulations pretty much forbids anyone from touching the brass at a range without a full hazmat suit, respirator and chem gloves. Some ranges have already been slapped with 6 figure fines. Your "change" at work in DC.

Wish the EPA/OSHA would have been present for USMC police calls (cleaning the ground) after a range day.

TheExplorer
07-15-2012, 15:17

Really? I've always been thanked by the game commission guys for cleaning up my mess.

H&K 4 LIFE
07-15-2012, 15:28
...went in to check out the range area, very nice......there is a big sign on the door that says "once the brass hits the floor, it is our property...and due to safety, no brass collecting will be allowed"

What about shooting a revolver? The brass never touches the floor. :whistling:

DonD
07-15-2012, 15:32

Absolutely correct, they have no right to your brass and picking up brass that is behind the firing line and doesn't interfere with another shooter isn't a safety hazard. Don :upeyes:

DonD
07-15-2012, 15:33

If accurate, that's way BEYOND STUPID. Don :steamed:

ChicagoZman
07-15-2012, 17:25
If accurate, that's way BEYOND STUPID. Don :steamed:
This happened recently at a range in the Peoples Republic of Illinois so I believe it to be a fairly accurate summary. Pick up brass without appropriate protective gear and the establishment risks big fines.

NEOH212
07-15-2012, 23:44
If they keep that up, they will go the way of the Dodo.

I'd be taking my business elsewhere. I shouldn't have to write a letter to get good service. A shop either has it or it doesn't. If they don't, they never genuinely will.

I've watched a couple shops in the area go out of business over the years. While they didn't go out simply because they were butt heads to their customers, it certainly didn't do anything good for their business.

Anyone remember Austintown Spots Center back when Maynard owned it? (That's one of them.)

How about the Shooting Gallery when Dino owned it? (Yet another example!)

I could go on. I'm sure everyone can relate in their own way.

People can be rotten to me once. They just won't get the chance to do it twice as I won't go back a second time to a place with crappy service.

I prefer to spend my money with a business that appreciates my money as much as they appreciate the people that do business with them.

pmcjury
07-16-2012, 08:45
Absolutely correct, they have no right to your brass and picking up brass that is behind the firing line and doesn't interfere with another shooter isn't a safety hazard. Don :upeyes:

I wonder how they would feel if you slipped on the their brass that they left all over the floor and injured yourself.

MeanAction
07-16-2012, 09:00
The customer serive is poor. The prices are sky high. The range is hot and over priced. It sucks but I don't always want to drive out into the country to shoot. I've thought about a membership since I like to shoot numerous times a month but they are suck jerks there. At least i have my health.

Bob Hafler
07-16-2012, 09:13
The brass hit s the floor and it's there's ? I don't think so.:rofl:
If I accidently walked into a place and shot the gun and someone said that's our brass now I'd have to inform them then it's yours to clean up also.

jph02
07-16-2012, 09:18
...I just cannot stand going into a place as a customer and being ignored...ESPECIALLY when i am the ONLY one in the place, and there are at least six people behind the counter talking to each other, seemingly too "busy" to give me the time of day...
This really frosts me, too. I had the exact same experience from a Saturn "retailer" back when they first came out with the Vue hybrid. Too bad GM ruined that brand name and turned the retailers into dealers no different than the others. That convinced me to keep my Hyundai Tucson and it's got 289k miles on it now.

bac1023
07-16-2012, 20:05

:agree:

jmb79
07-16-2012, 22:14

Not that I doubt you but can please provide a link(s) to support these assertions?

I suspect that the range owner wants to keep the brass because it's worth money. That is, the range owner can sell it to companies that reload ammo. I've been to several ranges over the years that posted the same rule. I don't reload so I was not bothered by the rule.

Finally, the range belongs to owner. The owner can set any rules s/he wants to. If you are not willing to comply with the rules, you are free to shoot elsewhere. If I reloaded, I certainly would not shoot at a range with this particular rule.