don't mess with grandpa! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : don't mess with grandpa!

rmodel65
07-16-2012, 20:55
Two men who attempted to hold up an Internet cafe were shot and injured by a patron of the business Friday night, according to the Marion County Sheriff's Office............
http://www.ocala.com/article/20120716/ARTICLES/120719790/1001/NEWS01?Title=Video-shows-patron-shooting-robbers-at-Palms-Internet-Cafe&tc=ar

http://www.ocala.com/article/20120713/ARTICLES/120719846/1001/NEWS01?p=1&tc=pg

NEOH212
07-16-2012, 21:00
Good shoot. Too bad he was using a .380 though. :supergrin:

zbusdriver
07-16-2012, 23:03
Very cool.

I love it when the bad guys run like the little cowards that they are...:supergrin:

dredglock
07-17-2012, 10:51
Thank goodness the robbers were white.if not the D.O.J would have swept in to take
the investigation from the state of Florida .

golls17
07-17-2012, 11:09
I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw the bad guys literally tripping over each other to get outta there! :rofl:

SFla27
07-17-2012, 12:46
Outstanding.

Caver 60
07-17-2012, 14:18
Very good shooting skills on 'Grandpa's' part. He hit both men and hit one of them twice, with only one magazine of ammo fired on his part. That's a pretty good statistical hit average, especially with a 'mouse gun.' Looked to me like he was 'point shooting' for part of it.

http://www.spw-duf.info/point.html

GlockPistola
07-17-2012, 14:38
Beautiful! Those bastards deserved that. Grandpa was very lucky though because right at the time of his first shot, one of the robbers was pointing the gun right at him. This could have turned out bad for him, luckily it did not.

Happy Hunting
07-17-2012, 14:52
I have watch this video five times today. I've also shown everyone else at work. The man is a hero in our collective opinions.

It is really funny to watch the BGs come in all tough and then drop a deuce in their pants trying to get out of there. Love it.

Beretta92guy
07-17-2012, 15:12
I love how these thugs, when confronted with equal/greater force literally stomp on each other trying to get away.....no honor among thieves.......

cowards deserve what they got.......GO GRAMPS!!

Southwind
07-17-2012, 16:13
I love how these thugs, when confronted with equal/greater force literally stomp on each other trying to get away.....no honor among thieves.......

cowards deserve what they got.......GO GRAMPS!!

I fully agree and I'm glad that Gramps won't be charged. But I'm a little surprised -- he kept shooting long after the bad guys had remembered somewhere else they needed to be. Three cheers for the prosecutor, too.

cowboy1964
07-17-2012, 16:19
Yeah that last shot after the guy was outside and down could be perceived as a bit late. Luckily he was using a .380 and only tickled them.

robhic
07-17-2012, 16:36
Glad they aren't (yet?) prosecuting the old guy but one of the perps was hit in the "buttock" which, IMO, appears to prove the thugs were leaving the place. Couldn't the shooter get into some sticky issues shooting while the punks left?

Don't get me wrong, I think this rocks! It should happen more often, too, but shooting in the back seems risky. Thoughts?

Jon_R
07-17-2012, 16:40
Glad they aren't (yet?) prosecuting the old guy but one of the perps was hit in the "buttock" which, IMO, appears to prove the thugs were leaving the place. Couldn't the shooter get into some sticky issues shooting while the punks left?

Don't get me wrong, I think this rocks! It should happen more often, too, but shooting in the back seems risky. Thoughts?

Looked like they where moving to cover in order to fight to me. I can't read their minds... I have no idea if they are or are not armed at that point...

Ocala no charges will be filed unless the Governor panders to out of state interests and drags down a prosecutor from a city to make people happy.

sctusa
07-17-2012, 18:00
Thank goodness the robbers were white.if not the D.O.J would have swept in to take

Better check their pictures. :whistling:

zbusdriver
07-17-2012, 20:48

Don't get me wrong, I think this rocks! It should happen more often, too, but shooting in the back seems risky. Thoughts?Negative Ghostrider...in "free states" shooting a fleeing felon is perfectly acceptable. Just because someone turns their back on you does not mean that the threat is over. In this case, the threat is over after the bad guy stops moving or is out of range. Remember...COM UNTIL YOU STOP THE THREAT!

unit1069
07-18-2012, 23:56
I saw that video on the news tonight.

Good for grandpa and I hope if ever faced with a similar situation I'd respond the same way.

glockman66
07-19-2012, 00:08
The lib MSM doesn't want to cover it though:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2012/07/18/elderly-man-saves-cafe-full-people-shooting-gun-wielding-robbers-nbc
Elderly Man Saves a Cafe Full of People By Shooting Gun-Wielding Robbers; NBC, CBS Skip
By Scott Whitlock | July 18, 2012 | 12:18

Beretta92guy
07-19-2012, 04:18

NEGATIVE!!!.....an armed felon, even with his back turned is a threat....and in non-libtard states it is perfectly within the law

Beretta92guy
07-19-2012, 04:19

the perps were both black:whistling:

Misty02
07-19-2012, 05:58
Though Henderson said he doesn't blame Williams for shooting, he takes exception with Williams shooting at him while he was down.

There were several comments made by the crooks in the article that made me roll my eyes, but I guess this one is the one that led me to understand that these kids have absolutely no clue what they’re up against when they decide to threaten the life of others.

Last night I was listening to Schnitt on my way home, he left a voice message for Williams offering to take him out to dinner, buy him a new higher caliber gun and pay for some professional shooting classes. :)

TTex
07-19-2012, 06:56

I agree. I think if one of the punks would have died there would have been a big stink about this guy shooting them in the back. Now he may well be within the law as others have said, but MY gun class was instucted not to become the aggressor, justifiable homicide is supposed to be self DEFENSE.
Just food for thought. (IMO the punks got what they deserved!)

redbaron007
07-19-2012, 07:17
A threat is a threat! Grandpa did the right thing. Gramps stopped the pursuit when the BG were deemed non-threatening. Just because they went out the door doesn't mean they weren't going for additional firepower.

If you armchair analysts want to play Prosecuting attorney, then fine, but know what you are talking about, according to FL laws. Without a shred of law to back your comments, it will be assumed it is just your opinion and it has no authenticity; other than your twisted, 'wish I knew what I was talking about' opinion. :faint: :whistling:

Go Grandpa!!

:wavey:

red

Snidely Whiplash
07-19-2012, 18:37
Good shoot. Too bad he was using a .380 though. :supergrin:
Curious what granddad was packing. Thanks for the info... Gotta agree that a .380 is kinda lame.

steveksux
07-19-2012, 19:44
the perps were both black:whistling:Unpossible!!!! :whistling:

Randy