Can I trust my new ccw [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can I trust my new ccw

glock192012
07-17-2012, 00:00
I recently purchased a brand new G 36. Shot 300 rounds through it, no malfunctions. Did notice the rear housing pin would creep to left side pretty bad after 100 rounds. Called glock and they sent me a new pin (think the problems solved). Took it out again had two fte and one failure to feed.Also noticing that empty mags aren't releasing without me manually pulling them. All of these problems seem to be common with the 36. I really love the ease of carry but is it worth dealing with glock to fix or should I just take it back??

IndyGunFreak
07-17-2012, 02:00
Well, is there another gun that will be more reliable than the 36, that you like? If so, take back.

If not, deal with Glock. The 36 is one of my least favorite guns, so I can't really comment on it.

Beretta92guy
07-17-2012, 04:10
years ago i had a G36 and had nothing but problems out of it, got rid of it.....

i see in your sig line you have a G23, carry THAT!!!

glock192012
07-17-2012, 04:50
years ago i had a G36 and had nothing but problems out of it, got rid of it.....

i see in your sig line you have a G23, carry THAT!!!

lol that is a consideration, but i have liked the accuracy and greater conceal ability the 36 has to offer and there are alot of 36 owners that have had great luck. But for me when a carry weapon trips up i tend to move on. I'm still trying to hold on to some hope for this one. :upeyes:

tomcon
07-19-2012, 10:54
I recently purchased a brand new G 36. Shot 300 rounds through it, no malfunctions. Did notice the rear housing pin would creep to left side pretty bad after 100 rounds. Called glock and they sent me a new pin (think the problems solved). Took it out again had two fte and one failure to feed.Also noticing that empty mags aren't releasing without me manually pulling them. All of these problems seem to be common with the 36. I really love the ease of carry but is it worth dealing with glock to fix or should I just take it back??

New gun and 50 magazines with no problems except a walking pin, usually the G36 gives people trouble from the start, not after 300 flawless rounds.You replaced the pin and have major malfunctions, maybe you received another bad pin.

Did you try putting the original pin back in the gun?

Personally I would give Glock a chance to fix the gun, my G36 is my favorite carry and is very accurate.

FL Airedale
07-19-2012, 11:57
I wouldn't carry any gun that wasn't extremely reliable. I expect it to fire, eject and feed every time. It took some time and money to get my 1911 to that point. My Glocks have all been 100% reliable from day one. I didn't carry them until I had hundreds of rounds through them.

If my semi-autos weren't 100% reliable, they'd be for the range only and I'd go back to wheelgun.

tankermw
07-19-2012, 12:10
I absolutely love my 36. I got it used and had a problem with the slide lock. I had the slide stop replaced & it has been flawless. I don't know how many rounds I have fired since but it's got to be 6 or 7 hundred. The 36 is a great package & Glock is a great company. They will fix it.

ozzyma2002
07-19-2012, 18:29
Well if you have to ask you know what they say the answer is..

glock192012
07-20-2012, 09:11
I thought about it some and have to consider one possibility (gulp). I shot a boat load that day before I picked up my 36. I am wondering if my usually manly grip :) is in question. I read that the 36 is in fact the glock most prone to limp wristing. I never had that problem before but I will shoot it this weekend with a fresh start.

Veedubklown
07-20-2012, 12:22
I've shot the 36 quite a bit, a few of my friends have them, none of them report issues and I've never had a problem with them. They're a fantastic shooting little gun, but all theirs are broken in and well proven. Perhaps you just need some more rounds through it, or it's trying to find an ammo that it likes? If the gun is still new, I'd call glock and see if they want to give it a run.