Guy walking along carrying a rifle ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Guy walking along carrying a rifle ?

Mayhem like Me
07-17-2012, 13:55
Stop him, or not?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-tuscaloosa-bar-shooting-20120717,0,1394645.story

rmodel65
07-17-2012, 14:22
consensual yes...if up to no good then tier 2 or higher

Nanuk
07-17-2012, 14:26
Thats the great thing, You can pull up and talk to anybody.

Mayhem like Me
07-17-2012, 14:35
So you would stop him, what about ID , he's just walking along prior to getting to the bar can you ID him?

BTW are you letting him hold the rifle or having him put it down?

Mayhem like Me
07-17-2012, 14:36
consensual yes...if up to no good then tier 2 or higher

How do you estrablish " up to no good"

AKRover
07-17-2012, 14:54
I'm not a cop but if I were I think I might ask so e questions of someone walking through town with an assault rifle. Oddly enough I wouldn't think twice about a holstered handgun but an assault rifle would raise a red flag IMO. I don't know the carry laws in Alabama but I can't imagine that walking down the street with a long gun of any kind is normal

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

rmodel65
07-17-2012, 15:01
How do you estrablish " up to no good"

admissions of guilt/planning etc...people like to talk

Mayhem like Me
07-17-2012, 15:25
admissions of guilt/planning etc...people like to talk

Really do tell what experience has led you to this...it is my experience that those that act rarely talk about it to police prior to doing it..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engin

Bren
07-17-2012, 15:49
Really do tell what experience has led you to this...it is my experience that those that act rarely talk about it to police prior to doing it..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engin

If so, then your experience is NOT as a police officer. In real life, you can't shut them up when you want them to shut up.:rofl:

I have literally listened to confessions while saying, "you should really just talk to a lawyer before you tell me anything...no really, just wait until you get a lawyer."

Patchman
07-17-2012, 16:29
Duplicate.

Mayhem like Me
07-18-2012, 13:47
If so, then your experience is NOT as a police officer. In real life, you can't shut them up when you want them to shut up.:rofl:

I have literally listened to confessions while saying, "you should really just talk to a lawyer before you tell me anything...no really, just wait until you get a lawyer."

yeah I only have 30 years ...you may want to check the fbi statistics..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gunnut 45/454
07-18-2012, 14:43
If he was just walking down the street IN DAYLIGHT I wouldn't bat and eye. At night I'd take notice - I'd maybe keep an eye on him for a while. If he acted hinky like this guy did - walking up to a bar/late at night - most bars in most states are off limits to firearms then the call to 911 would have happened. Since I don't carry a rifle 24/7 in my vehicle I'd not engage as a pistol against a AR is not a good thing.:upeyes:

OregonXD
07-18-2012, 15:31
Here is a recent police contact for open carrying a handgun and rifle in a nearby city.

Klamath Falls Police, Open Carry a MP5 and a Handgun. - YouTube

This guy is constantly open carrying where he lives and is regularly contacted by law enforcement. :upeyes:

LoadToadBoss
07-18-2012, 15:55
“We’re actively looking for suspects,” Anderson said....

I certainly hope so.

I would think that carrying a rifle at that time of night is so unusual as to create sufficient RAS in and of itself for a Terry stop. We already know that permissible behaviors when combined with the totality of circumstances are sufficient for a nice stop and talk.

SCmasterblaster
07-18-2012, 16:55
It is incredible that no one was killed with any of those multiple gunshots from an "assault rifle."

beatcop
07-18-2012, 17:05
post #13

The guy is an idiot first class...this is what gives any rational gun owner a bad name.

Mayhem like Me
07-19-2012, 08:53
Just looking to see how many "Open Carry is my Right " people who think we should just tell concerned citizens we can't check that guy out.

This case is a prime example of why we stop people walking around with assault style rilfes and ID them even if it is perfectly legal to walk around with them in hand, this could have happened at 7:00pm just as easy.