KKM 10mm-40 Barrel
Sevigny Competition Rear Sight
Dawson Precision Black .115" x .255" Front Sight
Zev Tech Speed Feed Magwell
Zev Tech Extended Mag Release
Glockworx Standard Stippling
Finger Groove Removal
Double Undercut Trigger Guard

I also threw on the LWD G20LS just to see what it would look like.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/9860c82f.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/9286e630.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/3e338dbb.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/c821fc60.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/e5f098b4.jpg

Fire_Medic
07-17-2012, 15:51
That looks awesome man !!!

Thanks for sharing. :wavey:

Taterhead
07-17-2012, 16:07
That is a useful looking Glock! How does she run?

Thanks for the great photos.

Meathead9
07-17-2012, 20:31
Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier with the Glockworx grip job. This is my first gun with any kind of serious grip work or magwell. The grip feels amazing with the finger grooves gone, and the double undercut trigger guard lets me get an even higher grip (no more Glock knuckle). The magwell also feels perfect to me. It sits perfectly against the bottom of my support hand, which should give me even more leverage to keep the muzzle flat. Plus, I've always thought magwells just plain look cool. I never really had a purpose for one until now. This thing feels as good as it looks, and I'll know how it shoots next week.

ETA:

Tater, I had the upper on my other G20SF frame while the grip job was being done. I have out about 500rds through it so far without any hint of a problem. It shoots very soft & smooth, and by the feel of it so far, it's gonna be a screamer.

Fire_Medic
07-17-2012, 20:45
Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier with the Glockworx grip job. This is my first gun with any kind of serious grip work or magwell. The grip feels amazing with the finger grooves gone, and the double undercut trigger guard lets me get an even higher grip (no more Glock knuckle). The magwell also feels perfect to me. It sits perfectly against the bottom of my support hand, which should give me even more leverage to keep the muzzle flat. Plus, I've always thought magwells just plain look cool. I never really had a purpose for one until now. This thing feels as good as it looks, and I'll know how it shoots next week.

ETA:

Tater, I had the upper on my other G20SF frame while the grip job was being done. I have out about 500rds through it so far without any hint of a problem. It shoots very soft & smooth, and by the feel of it so far, it's gonna be a screamer.

Thanks for your feedback, how long did the grip work take?

My usual guy who is local to me is NOT taking anymore work right now, and I do not know if I currently have the patience to wait 2-3 months just to see if he can take a couple of my guns......

Meathead9
07-17-2012, 20:58
Thanks for your feedback, how long did the grip work take?

My usual guy who is local to me is NOT taking anymore work right now, and I do not know if I currently have the patience to wait 2-3 months just to see if he can take a couple of my guns......

I was pleasantly surprised to have it back in my hands in about 2 weeks. Glockworx has been great to deal with, and as you can imagine, I had a ton of questions before I pulled the trigger on such a drastic & permanent frame modification. I always used to think people that did grip jobs & stippled their Glocks were mouth breathers. That changed when 3 things happened. First, I started shooting about 1000rds a month. Next, I started having 300-500rd range sessions in the heat. Then, I found out what a Glock texture should really feel like when I got my GEN 4 G17 & 21. The GEN 3 frames just don't have enough grit for me. I have definitely changed my opinion on grip jobs/stippling.

Fire_Medic
07-17-2012, 21:04
I was pleasantly surprised to have it back in my hands in about 2 weeks. Glockworx has been great to deal with, and as you can imagine, I had a ton of questions before I pulled the trigger on such a drastic & permanent frame modification. I always used to think people that did grip jobs & stippled their Glocks were mouth breathers. That changed when 2 things happened. First, I started shooting about 1000rds a month. Next, I started having 300-500rd range sessions in the heat. The GEN 3 frames just don't have enough grit for me. I have definitely changed my opinion on grip jobs.

I have always been one who was mocked, because for the last few years if I owned a Gen 3 Glock or any polymer pistol the frame got work done to it. Wow, 2 weeks is quick. I will call them tomorrow. I have a Gen 3 G19 and Gen 3 G20SF that need some more texture, undercut trigger guard, and finger grooves removed. :super grin:

I live down in south FL, so shooting in the heat is a common occurrence so I know exactly what you mean.

Congrats again on a beautiful gun, I would trade ammo just to shoot that thing, lol. :rofl:

nickE10mm
07-17-2012, 21:40
Awesome!!! GREAT, sharp, clean looking 20 u got there buddy!!

Any Cal.
07-18-2012, 00:22
That looks sharp!

Meathead9
07-19-2012, 16:41
Thanks guys. Another thing about the magwell, is that it's not just helpful with reloads. Something I hadn't considered, is that it gives the hands another solid contact point. The additional surface area will help with offhand aiming/shooting stability, as well as more leverage to keep the muzzle down. I had never even held a gun with a magwell or grip job before, and I have to say I'm loving it. Now I get why so many Glock guys say that they hate the finger grooves. Before I held this gun, I actually really liked the FG's. I might have the same work done to a few more Glocks when I get my pennies saved up. I may even put a magwell on my G20LS, but obviously none of my SD Glocks.

Meathead9
07-25-2012, 23:06
I got my first chance to shoot the finished product, and to say the least I'm impressed. It was just a quick trip to Barnwood Arms in Ripon, so only slow fire at an indoor range. I put 200rds of my 40 Major reloads through it without a hiccup, and all my mags w/Arredondo extensions functioned flawlessly with 20 + 1. Here are my impressions so far:

1. The stippling is money. It's so good, I'm considering sending ALL my Glocks to Glockworx for the same treatment. It's extremely grippy (if that's even a real word), but not so rough that it chews up my hands. The undercuts & FG removal feel better than any of my other Glocks, and allow me to comfortably get an even higher grip.

2. The G20SF is an awesome platform for a USPSA Limited gun. The larger grip fits my hands perfectly, and distributes the recoil much better than the small frame G22/35. The additional slide mass makes this gun an absolute pleasure to shoot. It's VERY soft shooting, but not so soft that it feels sluggish.

3. The Zev Tech Magwell is awesome. It's so easy to reload, it's like cheating. It also makes my grip nice & snug, which makes aiming much more stable.

4. I initially had the Sevigny Competiton front (.215 x .115). It was impacting higher than POA, so I used Dawson Precisions formula to calculate the sight height needed to have the POA/POI I wanted. Dave Dawson is good, it worked perfectly. The calculation said I needed a .255" high front to correct the issue, and it was DEAD ON. All my other Glocks have the .215" high front, and they work great, but this combo didn't like it. I'm glad I used the DP formula & bought a taller front sight.

5. The Arredondo extensions worked flawlessly. I loaded them each with 20rds (+1) and they cycled several times each without any issues. Some guys have issues with the follower hanging up while loading 20rds, but mine worked great even with 20+1. No mag or follower mods needed in my gun, so I'm a happy camper.

6. The KKM 10-40 barrel was perfect as well. Having them finish ream it to feed long loaded 40 rounds definitely paid off. It ate my 40 reloads @ 1.2" OAL like nothing, and I reload Glocked brass without using a pass-through die.

I can't say enough about KKM, Glockworx & Arredondo. Great companies, great customer service & great products. I can't wait to shoot my first match in Limited class with it!

nickE10mm
07-26-2012, 08:04
Nice, Meathead! Glad it worked out flawlessly!! Thx for posting

WeeWilly
07-26-2012, 08:58
Great report. It sounds like you have a really nice platform, built perfectly for your needs. Sweet.

Meathead9
07-27-2012, 15:19
In case any of you were wondering, here's what the Sevigny Sight Picture looks like:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/SevignySightPicture.jpg

ruger rcm
07-27-2012, 15:57
NICE LOOKING RIG......I really need to start saving pennies...

shooter1234
08-10-2012, 11:18
In case any of you were wondering, here's what the Sevigny Sight Picture looks like:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/SevignySightPicture.jpg

Now how does it look about two feet away from the camera, like it would be in real life?

Meathead9
08-10-2012, 13:35
Now how does it look about two feet away from the camera, like it would be in real life?

The camera was arms length behind the gun, and this is just a cropped photo. This is exactly what my sight picture looks like when I'm shooting.

shooter1234
08-12-2012, 22:42
Then that's super nice. I like it a lot. I see why people go with these sights. Would you know how wide your front sight post is by chance?

Meathead9
08-13-2012, 10:08
Then that's super nice. I like it a lot. I see why people go with these sights. Would you know how wide your front sight post is by chance?

I run the .115" wide front with all my Sevigny setups.