Finally ordered a Wilderness belt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally ordered a Wilderness belt

glock2740
07-17-2012, 18:47
Been meaning to for over a year. Ordered the 5 stitch model tonight. CC'ing a fullsize or even a steel framed Commander 1911 has always been alot less fun than totin' a Glock, just usuing a regular old cheap everyday belt. I've been carrying 1911's alot more, since getting the ULCc, GC CCO and Stealth. The aluminum framed CCO and Commanders are easier to carry, due to the weight, but when I tote a steel framed gun, it never seems to feel as good as when I CC a Glock. I carry my Glocks in a CBST and have always used the CBST for my 1911's, until recently buying a Brommeland Max Con V leather IWB holster. I think this new belt is gonna have me CC'ing my fullsize steel framed 1911's alot more. :cool: I've been REALLY liking the new EMP I got awhile back. Great little carry gun and in the Brommeland, feels no different than my Glock's in the CBST.

bac1023
07-17-2012, 19:12
Very cool, Joe :cool:

CaptJim
07-17-2012, 19:41
A 1911 in a Brommeland is as thin and easy to conceal a combination as I've got; and to me, more comfortable than my Glocks. I have a S&W 1911 SC Commander bobtail 1911 that is great. Held up by a good gun belt, of course.

Jim

dhoomonyou
07-17-2012, 20:11
I'm ashamed. I must confess
I can't work the buckle.

samuse
07-17-2012, 21:06
See if you can change the order to a CSM.

I love my CSMs but the 5-stitch is floppy and not suitable for carrying a gun.

My opinion from experience. YMMV.

Short Cut
07-17-2012, 21:07
They're great belts for sure. The 5 stitch is good, but I do prefer the CSM insert belt, it was only $5 more, haven't checked lately. If you get another consider a 1.75" CSM. It's just hell for stout and great camping/hiking/hunting belt as well as everyday carry.

dakrat
07-17-2012, 21:35
I prefer my CSM belt over any other gun belts I have. I love the adjustability of it.

glock2740
07-17-2012, 21:56
I may try the CSM if the 5 stitch doesn't work, but the order is already placed. I figured the 5 stitch was the middle of the road as a good starting point.

XDfense
07-18-2012, 08:10
I've used a Wilderness 5-stitch for 2 years. Then I picked up a leather gun belt. The leather is so much stiffer and holds a full size pistol much better. I've got a Crossbreed 1.5 and it's nice. My Dad just got a Beltman bullhide with the stiffener and the craftsmanship and quality of that belt is the best I've seen.

dakrat
07-18-2012, 12:39
5 stitch for plastic guns
CSM for 1911s

faawrenchbndr
07-18-2012, 13:49
5-Stitch is awesome......wear it more than my Looper or Belt Man

R0CKETMAN
07-18-2012, 15:04
I may try the CSM if the 5 stitch doesn't work, but the order is already placed. I figured the 5 stitch was the middle of the road as a good starting point.

You're going to love it. I've got two. An all black and a tan with TI buckle. Excellent gun belt and plenty stiff.

Short Cut
07-19-2012, 14:45

No worries, it will definitely work for you. Just sayin' if you like it so much that you want to get another you try the CSM then.

Hope you post back on your impressions after you've worn it some. :thumbsup:

glock2740
07-19-2012, 14:49
Glad to hear the good results from you guys. Can't wait to get it. :cool:

beforeobamabans
07-22-2012, 07:06
As a self confessed leather snob, I wore Beltman belts exclusively for years. I still love them, but....

I finally decided to get a Wilderness just to see what all the excitement was about. I got the 1.5" reinforced. There is NO QUESTION that this belt is stiffer and capable of carrying more weight (especially any high rise OWB) than a reinforced Beltman. And, as my weight tends to fluctuate, I really appreciate the infinite waistband. I still prefer my leather belts for everyday wear but if I need more than normal support, the Wilderness wins hands down.

Also nice to see the love for Brommeland. I'm happy to see it works as well for a 1911 as it does for my G26. Gary puts out the finest in craftsmanship and functionality.

glock2740
07-22-2012, 15:10
Also nice to see the love for Brommeland. I'm happy to see it works as well for a 1911 as it does for my G26. Gary puts out the finest in craftsmanship and functionality.

My Brommeland Max Con V is the best leather IWB holster I've ever tried, and I've tried a bunch. The one I have now is a true commander size, but works great for my 4", 3.5" and 3" 1911's too. Gonna be getting a Brommeland MCV for 5" 1911's shortly after the Wilderness belt shows up and meets expectations. :cool:

glock2740
07-27-2012, 19:50
It arrived today. WOW! What a difference a REAL belt makes! :wow: Been totin' the Gemini Custom SP101 in an Occidental since they both arrived today. :cool: I know the SP101 isn't a very heavy gun, but I can tell that the Wilderness 5 stitch is up to the task of totin' any of my fullsize 1911's without a doubt. Just ordered a fullsize 1911 Brommeland Max Con V from Dave at DRC Firearms just for such tasks. :cool:

M1A Shooter
07-27-2012, 20:56
another CSM owner here. carries my glock 35 amazingly. i hope you enjoy yours as much as i do.

okie
07-27-2012, 21:30
5-Stitch is awesome......wear it more than my Looper or Belt Man

I have a Looper belt:supergrin::wavey:

okie
07-27-2012, 21:31
Many congrats, Joe:thumbsup:

glock2740
07-27-2012, 21:55
Thanks Okie. :cool:

R0CKETMAN
07-28-2012, 04:24
Pics....I see another in your future....remember it's the only belt MS carries besides their own...says something

Rinspeed
07-28-2012, 08:15
I just got a new leather belt from A&G last week. Talk about stiff. :faint: I like it so much I ordered another one.

Nakanokalronin
07-28-2012, 10:54
I've been using a 5-stich Wilderness belt (no insert) for about 3 years now and it's plenty stiff for full size 1911s. No flop or wear of any type. I'll bet that you'll prefer the Wilderness, even with lighter/smaller IWB guns.

Backfire_Tx
08-13-2012, 17:47
Word of caution on Beltman belts. They are shorter then your normal belt measurement. Meaning if you normally wear a 36" Beltman will require a 38". Then you pay them 20 more to "re-stock". They measure the belt differently than you normally wear - Beltman's special way of extracting more money from people who are certain of their belt sizes. Kind of a rip off.

dakrat
08-13-2012, 20:05
Word of caution on Beltman belts. They are shorter then your normal belt measurement. Meaning if you normally wear a 36" Beltman will require a 38". Then you pay them 20 more to "re-stock". They measure the belt differently than you normally wear - Beltman's special way of extracting more money from people who are certain of their belt sizes. Kind of a rip off.

if you read their sizing chart, you wouldn't have a problem. I have ordered from him and the sizing is spot on according to his chart.

glock2740
08-13-2012, 20:10
I'll say it again...I LOVE my Wilderness belt. :cool:

faawrenchbndr
08-13-2012, 20:13

No way, shape, or form a rip off! Ignorance is not an excuse to
bash a very well known belt maker. READ the very easily understandable
sizing directions and there is no problem.

Hokie1911
08-13-2012, 20:30
I can't work the buckle.

Then you should definitely avoid an Ares Ranger belt. :rofl:

Hokie1911
08-13-2012, 20:30
I'll say it again...I LOVE my Wilderness belt. :cool:

About freaking time you bought a real belt. :tongueout:

glock2740
08-13-2012, 20:51
About freaking time you bought a real belt. :tongueout:
No joke. :embarassed:

Backfire_Tx
08-13-2012, 20:59
if you read their sizing chart, you wouldn't have a problem. I have ordered from him and the sizing is spot on according to his chart.

No doubt there, but if you use the standard size you have had with the last 4 belt purchases over 10 years, ah, it aint no good. Meaning a 36" is not a 36" in beltman style of measuring. I dont think that is an accident. They probably have it figured out that 20% or so clods like me will assume they know their belt size. I still think its odd that the beltman size is not standard. I wonder why? They cost 80 bucks as it is. Now i'm in for 20 more.

M1A Shooter
08-14-2012, 20:02
im either going to have to order another Wilderness or go to a OWB holster but thats the fault of a desk job and a bad soda habit :embarassed:

Wyoming
08-16-2012, 10:38
I can't work the buckle.

:rofl:

My suggestion is to buy one and get a pretty lady to show you how it works:whistling:

BTW, it is the only non gunbelt I use. If you are going to carry you need a good belt to support the weight of the handgun. It amazes me that people will spent months trying to decide what handguns to buy then plan to carry it with a pretty dress belt.

fnfalman
08-16-2012, 12:18
No doubt there, but if you use the standard size you have had with the last 4 belt purchases over 10 years, ah, it aint no good. Meaning a 36" is not a 36" in beltman style of measuring. I dont think that is an accident. They probably have it figured out that 20% or so clods like me will assume they know their belt size. I still think its odd that the beltman size is not standard. I wonder why? They cost 80 bucks as it is. Now i'm in for 20 more.

I'm not a Beltman belt owner, nor do I plan on being one (pretty happy with Milt Sparks and Seth's Gunleathers). However, curiosity overcame me so I went and checked out their website.

I noticed that they said to size the belt by measuring from your current belt buckle to the hole that you use the most. Okay, I can understand the hole that I use the most, but to measure from the far side of the belt buckle? Hell, my belts all have different buckles and buckle sizes. That could easily be off by an inch.

With Milt Sparks and other saddlers, they ask to measure the belt from where the buckle attaches to the leather and to the hole most used. That way they can eliminate the buckle size differences.

Anyway, I just thought that was an interesting way for Beltman to have customers do measurement.

faawrenchbndr
08-16-2012, 17:31
Well, you know what they say happens when you assume........:tongueout: