Stupid 5.11 holster - still love it. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stupid 5.11 holster - still love it.

OfficerChris
07-18-2012, 00:28
I got myself this holster

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Holsters/Appendix-IWB-Holster.html

for my G19 to use while on duty (plain clothes).

Most of the times I wear polo shirts and the holster works quite good with it. Even use a 5.11 gun belt and I really like the setup.
The holster is small, feels ok on the skin and I like it to be able to get it out with the gun just by bending up the clamp a little bit.

Downside: The stupid holster rips holes in my shirts... :steamed:

I already have four shirts with tiny holes, up to an inch. One shirt, the one I am wearing while writing this, has five holes in it... FIVE!.

Seems like every time I sit down the clamp catches the shirt and rips a tiny hole.

At first I put some tape around the clamp but it came off quite fast. So now I am looking for another solution.

Anyone else has or had this problem?

Lowjiber
07-18-2012, 05:11
I wear some 511 gear at times...clothing, belts, etc. However, I can't bring myself to buy a holster that fits "inside the WASTEband. I simply don't have one of those.:rofl:

Check the link...I'm not kidding.:whistling:

vafish
07-18-2012, 05:16
I hate clip on holsters like that.

You could try to find a big piece of heat shrink tubing. Slide it over the clip and heat it up.

Or find a real.narrow bicycle inner tube, cut a piece and slide it over.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

seanmac45
07-18-2012, 06:11
Milt Sparks VM II

collim1
07-18-2012, 06:33
I despise their holsters, but their 1.75" web belt is indestructible. I have been wearing it for years. It can easily support a P226 and two spare mags.

OfficerChris
07-19-2012, 16:01
I wear some 511 gear at times...clothing, belts, etc. However, I can't bring myself to buy a holster that fits "inside the WASTEband. I simply don't have one of those.:rofl:

Check the link...I'm not kidding.:whistling:

haha what a stupid typo :rofl:

OfficerChris
07-19-2012, 16:04
Well I sent an email to 5.11 and got an answer.

They told me that the mail is fowarded to the development team and that I get a free polo shirt..!.

Thats what I call customer support!.

greyhoundafw
07-19-2012, 16:18
http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o529/greyhoundafw/Citadel45.jpg If it is the clip causing issues, get some heat shrink and cover the clip. I do that for all the holsters I make.
Greyhound

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

seanmac45
07-19-2012, 16:31
Ingenious solution. Well done

OfficerChris
07-19-2012, 23:27
indeed it is the clip. Very good idea, will try that. Thanks a lot to all of you, especially vafish and greyhound for the idea.