Michigan Libraries Seek To Curb Guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Libraries Seek To Curb Guns

HerrGlock
07-18-2012, 10:01
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2012/07/managing-libraries/michigan-libraries-seek-to-curb-guns/

PEC-Memphis
07-18-2012, 13:11
What's next - banning books?

ithaca_deerslayer
07-18-2012, 13:18

Everybody in MI should start going to the library and asking for books on guns and freedom :)

packeagle
07-18-2012, 13:34
I've been following this case for a while.

I noticed the linked article lists banks as a MI pistol free zone. That is not true. Many people mistakenly have this assumption, though.

HerrGlock
07-18-2012, 13:49
I've been following this case for a while.

I noticed the linked article lists banks as a MI pistol free zone. That is not true. Many people mistakenly have this assumption, though.

At the bottom of the linked page there's a comments block. Tell 'em :thumbsup:

OctoberRust
07-18-2012, 13:58
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2012/07/managing-libraries/michigan-libraries-seek-to-curb-guns/

Hey look, it may go to the supreme court. :rofl:

The scotus.:rofl::rofl:

Ahahahahaha:rofl:

...The scotus......:rofl:

HerrGlock
07-18-2012, 14:03
Hey look, it may go to the supreme court. :rofl:

The scotus.:rofl::rofl:

Ahahahahaha:rofl:

...The scotus......:rofl:

Psst: State Supreme Court.

OctoberRust
07-18-2012, 14:30
Psst: State Supreme Court.

Fail on my part. :embarassed:

oldman11
07-18-2012, 14:30
Probably, if they are pro-gun books.

Jason D
07-18-2012, 16:37
I could have sworn they tried that here before, and failed.
I suppose they could put up a sign, but those don't carry any weight.

steveksux
07-18-2012, 18:18
well, you know nothing riles up the emotions like being told to "shush" in a library. Can't depend on people to keep their cool, they may act impulsively and start shooting... :whistling:

There'll be blood in the aisles!!!! :tongueout:

Randy

NEOH212
07-19-2012, 02:33
What's amazing is that we actually have to debate something such as this in America. It's a no brainier.

Wait a minute, since the advent of libatard ideology and universities that teach that even though a law is written one way, it means the opposite, you know like 2+2=10.....:shakehead:

tomcon
07-19-2012, 13:09

If they never order the book is there really a difference?

tomcon
07-19-2012, 13:24
Everybody in MI should start going to the library and asking for books on guns and freedom :)

It would be better to offer to donate these types of materials, see what response you get.

oldman11
07-19-2012, 13:32
That is exactly how Nazi Germany started out. They banned certain books

SCmasterblaster
07-19-2012, 14:02
just concealed carry. How will the Librarians know?

:cool:

SJ 40
07-19-2012, 14:10
What's amazing is that we actually have to debate something such as this in America. It's a no brainier.

Wait a minute, since the advent of libatard ideology and universities that teach that even though a law is written one way, it means the opposite, you know like 2+2=10.....:shakehead: LOL,They probably have a book that explains that New Math. SJ 40

Jason D
07-19-2012, 15:36
My local library is great.
I have carried in there many times without a problem.

They also carry such books at the Blue book of gun values.
I have also bought several used library books that were put out by the NRA.

Toby196
07-21-2012, 08:12
well, you know nothing riles up the emotions like being told to "shush" in a library. Can't depend on people to keep their cool, they may act impulsively and start shooting... :whistling:

There'll be blood in the aisles!!!! :tongueout:

RandyWell, I've come to a different conclusion. I think guns should be permitted in libraries, but only if they're suppressed. Then at least the librarian wouldn't have to "shush" the person if he/she was required to fire their gun in self-defense. :dunno:

steveksux
07-21-2012, 08:22
It wouldn’t be the first time the legislature considered such legislation. On March 15, 2011, Representative Joan Bauer introduced HB 4438 and 4439, which would have added libraries to the list of exceptions to the open and concealed carry laws. Neither received a hearing.The interesting thing is, if you add libraries to the list of places you can't possess a pistol (so called "open carry no pistol zones" for lack of better term) AND add libraries to the list of no carry zones in the concealed pistol statutes....

You'd still be able to openly carry a pistol in a library with a valid CPL. Among the exceptions to the places you cannot possess a pistol are cops and someone holding a cpl from MI or any other state. You wouldn't be able to carry it concealed.

Irony.

Randy

cloudbuster
07-21-2012, 17:47
Down south of there, in Ohio, it is illegal to carry in libraries (and hospitals, schools and government buildings). Frankly, it makes no sense to me. Are libraries hotbeds of violence? The location of many sudden crimes of passion? "Aaargh! I've been on the waiting list for this book for weeks! I can't wait anymore!"

packeagle
03-31-2013, 20:31
http://miopencarry.org/?q=node/37

Update. Open carry won... for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

SCmasterblaster
04-01-2013, 18:21
That is exactly how Nazi Germany started out. They banned certain books

And it took a bloody World War to stop them.

janice6
04-01-2013, 18:28
I guess I also have missed all the tragic news reports of gun crimes being carried out in the libraries of our nation. I suppose there is blood running in the aisles of the book racks and I didn't notice.

Either books promote fear, or there is fear that requires one to hide out among the books.

It is surprising that while books do open our minds to new ideas and understanding, this kind of radical thinking pertaining to one specific object, is unwelcome in the halls of literature.

It's about fear and control, not guns.

xmanhockey7
04-01-2013, 20:34
CADL has spent a lot of tax payer money in this antigun lawsuit. They want to spend even more by taking it to the supreme court (Michigan).

SCmasterblaster
04-02-2013, 13:29
CADL has spent a lot of tax payer money in this antigun lawsuit. They want to spend even more by taking it to the supreme court (Michigan).

Is the Mich SC pro-gun?

Jason D
04-02-2013, 16:04
Is the Mich SC pro-gun?

For the most part yes.

Though it has been a few years now and my memory isn't the best. I believe the leftists took out new (2001) CCW law all the way to the MI SC and lost.

SCmasterblaster
04-03-2013, 13:46
For the most part yes.

Though it has been a few years now and my memory isn't the best. I believe the leftists took out new (2001) CCW law all the way to the MI SC and lost.

Glad to hear it. :cool: