Smith & Wesson X vs Daniel Defense M4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson X vs Daniel Defense M4

WarEagle32
07-18-2012, 21:26
I am about to add another M4 to my collection. I want to know what the real difference besides the 4150 barrel is between these 2 rifles . The S&W X model is Smith's near top of the line M4 with factory Troy quad rail and Troy back up sighs. About the nicest Smith. VS a Standard Daniel Defense M4 that is a couple hundred higher. Besides the 4150 vs 4140 barrels what is the real difference from you experts?

WoodenPlank
07-18-2012, 21:29
I am about to add another M4 to my collection. I want to know what the real difference besides the 4150 barrel is between these 2 rifles . The S&W X model is Smith's near top of the line M4 with factory Troy quad rail and Troy back up sighs. About the nicest Smith. VS a Standard Daniel Defense M4 that is a couple hundred higher. Besides the 4150 vs 4140 barrels what is the real difference from you experts?

Better rail system out of the box, for one. I would also bet the QA/QC on the DD guns is significantly better than the S&W. I believe the S&W rifles also come with semi BCGs, and not FA.

07-18-2012, 21:56
Smith & Wesson X
Got a link to this particular model?

07-18-2012, 22:01
Btw, the new DDM4 with their new DDM4 rail is really nice. Better looking and seems tougher (based on the new lock-up) than the older DDM4 with Omega X rail.
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3982-Daniel-Defense-Releases-New-Rail-System-and-Flash-Suppressor

WarEagle32
07-18-2012, 23:14
So with these new changes coming to Daniel defense rifles what should I do. With my wife I need to buy now. The smith or DD are the best I ca n find for the money. So I would have to buy a current DD and not be able to wait for their new models to hit stores! What to do what to do!

WarEagle32
07-18-2012, 23:15
Better rail system out of the box, for one. I would also bet the QA/QC on the DD guns is significantly better than the S&W. I believe the S&W rifles also come with semi BCGs, and not FA.

What are BCG's and FA forgiving my ignorance?

BenjiEDF
07-18-2012, 23:39
I have the Daniel Defense iron sights on my Ruger SR556E and they are the best darn sights I've ever seen/used. DD is way cooler than S&W, subjective maybe... but that's my opinion. Get the DD.

07-19-2012, 13:06
So with these new changes coming to Daniel defense rifles what should I do. With my wife I need to buy now. The smith or DD are the best I ca n find for the money. So I would have to buy a current DD and not be able to wait for their new models to hit stores! What to do what to do!
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1DD07109NS&name=Daniel+Defense+M4+V5+LW+.223%2f5.56+Rifle&groupid=11

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
07-19-2012, 13:13
Daniel Defense for the win...

Go look at that Tac Tv test they did to a Daniel Defense AR - about a year ago.

If you want DI and not a piston AR, that's the brand to get IMHO

WoodenPlank
07-19-2012, 13:36

Almost all the current DD rifles that are being shipped already come with the new rail system. Only the ones equipped with the MFR (Modular free-float rail - slick tube design) won't have it.

What are BCG's and FA forgiving my ignorance?

Bolt carrier group. A full-auto (FA) BCG is heavier, and generally enhances reliability.

WarEagle32
07-20-2012, 02:07
Almost all the current DD rifles that are being shipped already come with the new rail system. Only the ones equipped with the MFR (Modular free-float rail - slick tube design) won't have it.

Bolt carrier group. A full-auto (FA) BCG is heavier, and generally enhances reliability.

I shoulda known that dammit!!