Wth????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wth?????

Scott3670
07-18-2012, 23:03
Yesterday I ordered a Galco shoulder holster from Ebay. Got what I thought was a good deal... until I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and money refunded to my account. Why you ask? Well, get this, apparently shoulder holsters are illegal in West Virginia (per the estore). When I asked them for an explanation they said that "it is what their computer said".

:steamed:WTH??? I can go to my lgs and get them (but not at the same deal).

Rant over.

ArmoryDoc
07-18-2012, 23:14
Yesterday I ordered a Galco shoulder holster from Ebay. Got what I thought was a good deal... until I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and money refunded to my account. Why you ask? Well, get this, apparently shoulder holsters are illegal in West Virginia (per the estore). When I asked them for an explanation they said that "it is what their computer said".

:steamed:WTH??? I can go to my lgs and get them (but not at the same deal).

Rant over.

Ebay is a waste of time. Based in California. Need I say more ?

Scott3670
07-18-2012, 23:17
I feel your pain. I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, so I know all about the "restrictive" gun laws. Needless to say I am MUCH happier here in WV but the shoulder holster thing really twisted my colon.

Angry Fist
07-18-2012, 23:21
You should try one on first anyways.

WarEagle32
07-18-2012, 23:22
What crap!

Dawolf
07-19-2012, 07:58
Try Amazon. I just got a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for my Nano for only 19.95.

Decguns
07-19-2012, 08:10
I sell a lot of items on ebay, and I was surprised what's not alowed for sale in some states. I have no idea where ebay gets their banned item list from. Shoes and clothes are typically items that give me trouble. Can't sell boots that remotely resemble a major name brand in CA. They let me sell knives to 35 states, but no bayonets. Ebay has lots of quirks, but it a great place to make money and get hard to find items.

WayaX
07-19-2012, 19:51
Their computer is wrong. Shoulder holsters are not illegal in WV.

I will agree, in that, if you don't have experience with a shoulder holster, try one before buying. Most people do not know how to correctly draw from a shoulder holster and end up sweeping pretty badly.

Also, As said before, I would also try Amazon.

Jade Falcon
07-19-2012, 19:56
That's bull****. I don't believe there is such thing as an illegal holster...but I suppose I could be wrong?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
07-19-2012, 19:58
We must save the kids in WV - no shoulder holsters there, damn it

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

WayaX
07-19-2012, 20:01
That's bull****. I don't believe there is such thing as an illegal holster...but I suppose I could be wrong?

Actually, there is such a thing as an illegal holster. If the holster disguises the gun as something else, it can be construed as creating a a title II AOW. This would be illegal without a tax stamp and accompaning paperwork.

Glockdude1
07-19-2012, 20:05
Shoulder holster thingy that goes up maybe???

:tongueout:

Seriously, I have never heard of a shoulder holster being illegal anywhere.

hogship
07-19-2012, 21:23
Get a friend or relative to buy it for you........

ooc

skeeter7
07-19-2012, 23:26
I also got what I thought was a good deal on a Galco holster for my EMP40 the other day and then the next day I get an email stating that they don't have anymore in stock and refunded my money. I also was like WTH?? Do they not keep track of what's in stock?

Angry Fist
07-20-2012, 18:29
Actually, there is such a thing as an illegal holster. If the holster disguises the gun as something else, it can be construed as creating a a title II AOW. This would be illegal without a tax stamp and accompaning paperwork.
I remember hearing "wallet holsters", with the trigger exposed are AOW's.

Scott3670
07-20-2012, 23:31
Their computer is wrong. Shoulder holsters are not illegal in WV.

I will agree, in that, if you don't have experience with a shoulder holster, try one before buying. Most people do not know how to correctly draw from a shoulder holster and end up sweeping pretty badly.

Also, As said before, I would also try Amazon.

Great advice for sure. And I wore a shoulder holster for a couple of years and it was quite comfortable. All I really wanted was one for a different gun.

NeverMore1701
07-20-2012, 23:43
I remember hearing "wallet holsters", with the trigger exposed are AOW's.

Same.

I would give a shoulder holster a shot during the winter, but they're pricey for something I wouldn't use much.

Angry Fist
07-21-2012, 17:09
Jackass.

Galco Jackass. I want one.