I carried a gun in public... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I carried a gun in public...

Ballisticism
07-19-2012, 01:13
... for the first time today. I went to some stores to get some things with a G23 in a Galco KingTuk. I felt like I had a big, heavy piece of metal strapped to my hip, because I did, but I don't think anybody noticed:whistling:.
It was definitely anticlimactic. I think I'll do it more often.

kirgi08
07-19-2012, 02:11
Concealed or open.'08. :dunno:

DaneA
07-19-2012, 04:41
The Kingtuk is an IWB holster so I would assume concealed.

Spiffums
07-19-2012, 05:16

Never ASSume anything on Glock Talk.

HerrGlock
07-19-2012, 06:04
Did you actually carry or did you just do a dry run for your Wally World carry?

http://ankylosaur.com/images/firsttimecarry.jpg

Ballisticism
07-19-2012, 08:12

Haha...

I actually carried the firearm concealed. I'd driven around with it and carried it around the house and to the range to get the leather broken in.

I went to a sporting goods store that has a sign advertising concealed weapon classes (I figured they'd be OK with it), then to a regular grocery store.

Droid noob
07-19-2012, 08:17
I remember my first time. Talk about being self conscious. After awhile it becomes really cool. Now it's just the norm and no biggie lol.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

SJ 40
07-19-2012, 10:00
Someday it will just become like throwing your wallet and keys in your pants and heading out for the day. SJ 40

Veedubklown
07-19-2012, 11:01
Someday it will just become like throwing your wallet and keys in your pants and heading out for the day. SJ 40

Only difference is I don't react out when someone hugs my car keys, or walks by and bumps my watch. I always reach back and at least cover my pistol with my forearm.

TTex
07-19-2012, 11:25
I did too for the first time the other day. I had just bought a OWB concealment holster for my G26 and I wanted to try out the new permit and holster, so I put it on and went to Academy, and a local fast food resteraunt. I was a little nervous at first, but then after a while, when nobody really notices that you are CCing, it gets easier. At first I carried empty, then I tried it the other day with a full mag. (I want to be sure I dont have some weird issue with the holster that might cause a ND) Next is to load one in the chamber.

Reswob
07-19-2012, 13:12
Most people are so oblivious, they won't even notice an OC'd firearm, much less a little extra bulk under your shirt.

SCmasterblaster
07-19-2012, 13:55
... for the first time today. I went to some stores to get some things with a G23 in a Galco KingTuk. I felt like I had a big, heavy piece of metal strapped to my hip, because I did, but I don't think anybody noticed:whistling:.
It was definitely anticlimactic. I think I'll do it more often.

And I thought that Glocks were light. . . . . . :upeyes:

ithaca_deerslayer
07-19-2012, 14:30
And I thought that Glocks were light. . . . . . :upeyes:

They are only light if unchambered. :)

janice6
07-19-2012, 14:45
Thing is, most people are so concerned about themselves and how they look to others, that they don't even see you or even care about you.

When you have to check to see if it is there, you have become a concealed carrier.

Welcome.

Ballisticism
07-19-2012, 14:47
They are only light if unchambered. :)

True.

At first I carried empty, then I tried it the other day with a full mag. (I want to be sure I dont have some weird issue with the holster that might cause a ND) Next is to load one in the chamber.

You make me feel reckless and irresponsible! Haha... I carried in C1, though I'd spent some time manipulating the pistol and holster in various orientations and applying various forces to the assembly until I was completely satisfied that discharge in the absence of deliberate intention was physically impossible (astronomically improbable, anyway).

Jason D
07-19-2012, 15:55
People only notice what that want to.
Most people live their life never noticing what goes on around them.

A couple years ago I had to play security guard for my Bro in law as he was cleaning out his house in preparation for a move. The ****** bag neighbor had threatened and menaced my family to the point that he didn't feel safe being there alone. Police were there several times and couldn't do squat about the threats and his menacing and out of control dog the neighbor used as a weapon of intimidation.

Anyhow I was called to go of there several times and carried open every time.
Since I had only needed to carry for an hour or so being over there I tended to stick a paddle holster in my front pocket with the gun fully exposed. It kind of looked like a drop leg holster.

Going home after each time I would stop at the gas station there several times to get something to drink. Walking in there each time without covering the gun and no one noticed. At least one of the times the placed was filled with children and several soccer type moms.

Now having carried concealed for over a decade now I have gotten use to the gun. While I support open carry. I don't make it a habit of doing it.

The point it regular people don't notice and don't care about what goes on around them. Most anyone that would notice would be other carriers, or police officers. The chances of anyone seeing your CCW concealed is slim to nil.

JAS104
07-19-2012, 15:58

Probably one of the most awesome things I've ever seen :rofl:

jakebrake
07-19-2012, 16:01

since he didn't start with "i wasn't arrested for carrying a glock while naked" i'm betting on concealed too.

HerrGlock
07-19-2012, 16:41
Thing is, most people are so concerned about themselves and how they look to others, that they don't even see you or even care about you.

I've often told new carriers if they put a shotgun under their arm like Michael Biehn in Terminator and DIDN'T put a cover garment on, only about 10% of people would even notice.

It generally takes a few weeks for them to see how true that is.