I might need to switch things up.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I might need to switch things up..

JAS104
07-19-2012, 06:24
So I recently got a new job, and after a month of supplemental training I'm going to be a Personal Banker for a big bank here in Philly. I normally CC IWB my Glock19, but with now having to wear suits every day to my office, I might need to switch thing up. Its about a 15-20 min walk to the new job, and can get out as late as 8:30PM some nights.
So my question is, should I carry my G19 in some sort of briefcase/bag or should I buy something like an LCP for pocket carry?
Considering the walk through Philadelphia (possibly at night sometimes) and me being someone who works at a bank, I'm thinking going unarmed is not an option. Ideas?

John Rambo
07-19-2012, 07:22
Stick an LCP or a P3AT in your pocket and forget about it unless you need it. Nobody will ever know.

collim1
07-19-2012, 07:28
Stick an LCP or a P3AT in your pocket and forget about it unless you need it. Nobody will ever know.

Pocket carry is definitely the way to go. It has the least chance of being seen somehow.

I prefer a jframe to the small pocket autos.

JAS104
07-19-2012, 12:46

Prefer the Keltec to the Ruger?
Haven't heard such good things about the p3at

Reswob
07-19-2012, 13:09
A suit generally means a jacket, and a jacket means ridiculously easy to hide a G19 or larger. Even without the jacket, get a good tuckable IWB (C-TAC) with either j-clips or the 'invisible' velcro kind, and a good leather gun belt to go with it.

poodleplumber
07-19-2012, 14:38
a jacket means ridiculously easy to hide a G19

+1. Suit coats and sport coats make concealment easy. Only thing is you have to be mindful of not taking the jacket off in public.

JAS104
07-19-2012, 15:54
+1. Suit coats and sport coats make concealment easy. Only thing is you have to be mindful of not taking the jacket off in public.

That was my only concern, I don't see myself waring my jacket all day. I could in theory just put it in my desk drawer... but that seems like the Glock could play peek-a-boo

xidica
07-19-2012, 16:59
Could also do a PM9 or similar sized micro-9 in a tuckable IWB. My PM9 disappears at 4 o clock in an MTAC and it's comfortable even when seated.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Bruce M
07-19-2012, 18:23
I would avoid carrying a gun in a briefcase or similar as I would be concerned that it might be the target of someone who was attacking.

JAS104
07-20-2012, 08:26
I would avoid carrying a gun in a briefcase or similar as I would be concerned that it might be the target of someone who was attacking.

True, I hadn't thought of that. I'll definitely keep in on my person or locked in the car

-J

jhmayhem
07-20-2012, 13:08
I also worked at a bank years ago, first job out of college, DID NOT like the job but that all comes down to personal preferences and career paths. Anyway, to answer your question at the time I either had a S&W 642 for pocket carry or I wore my G23 in a tuckable holster (Comp-tac MTAC and Galco). By the end I eventually got a G26 that I pocket carried but that really depends on how deep the pockets in your slacks are to pull that off. For maximum comfort for a long and stressful workday sitting behind a desk, pocket carry is the way to go, but a Glock on the hip will be more comforting, especially when you get those notices about nearby bank robberies.