IWB Carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IWB Carry

Gertz
07-19-2012, 19:02
Does anyone carry a Glock +1 IWB no holster? If I ever have to do this I don't carry +1....too ascared of accidental discharge.

Probably should cough up the $50 for a Crossbreed Supertuck though.

Nanuk
07-19-2012, 19:04
Nope. Always a holster that covers the trigger guard.

GLOCK17DB9
07-19-2012, 19:10
I'm not sure when it would ever be a good idea to carry IWB w/o a holster!:dunno: Maybe I'm wrong!

cowboy1964
07-19-2012, 19:43
I wouldn't carry loaded anything anywhere without a holster, especially a Glock.

Gertz
07-19-2012, 19:50
Yea I don't like doing it, but when I have to I never carry +1

pspez
07-19-2012, 21:35
try the M.I.C. trigger guard. I have one that i keep on my 27 or 23 when my wife carries in her purse or when I leave gun on night stand. Its a pretty cool guard.

wdp
07-19-2012, 22:01
Carrying any gun IWB without a holster scares the hell out of me especially those with a decocker!

tomcon
07-19-2012, 22:03
try the M.I.C. trigger guard. I have one that i keep on my 27 or 23 when my wife carries in her purse or when I leave gun on night stand. Its a pretty cool guard.

The MIC is definitely better than nothing.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431269

I have one for my G36, not really sure how I would feel about being disarmed by an Officer while using one.

SouthpawG26
07-20-2012, 06:22
That's nearly 20 bucks for a postage stamp sized piece of kydex.....

A few bucks more buys you a proper holster with solid belt clips and no snags on the draw.

DrewF86
07-20-2012, 09:07
If you're carrying mexican (no holster, just tucked in you waist band) then HELL NO you shouldn't have your gun loaded. It's like you want to shoot yourself.

Get a damn holster. Any kind of holster. Even if its just the MIC, but I would seriously recommend the Crossbreed. I love mine to death.

I always carry condition red (magazine in, round chambered).

ZO6Vettever
07-20-2012, 13:33
Remora, they do exactly what they say. I bought one after mine hit the floor in Lowe's while reaching up for something. That was my last "Mexican" carry. Don't flame me, I already know how stupid and irresponsible as well that was.

Chesafreak
07-20-2012, 13:50
Some guy here shot himself in the hip and bled to death in front of his kids for doing that sometime in the past year.

Even if you don't carry with a round chambered, which is almost as dumb IMO, I would bet that your gun would slip out if you got in a fight with the bad guy. That would be the best case scenario, with shooting yourself being the worst.

I went through some expensive holsters, including a CBST, before getting a $25 Remora which works great. No clips and it does't fall out. Perfect for summer carry in shorts without a belt. I have done a lot of bending and lifting and it stays put.

ParisArms
07-20-2012, 13:55
Your question makes me think of a football player that went to jail, after an unholstered Glock started sliding down his leg. The gun discharged when the trigger was grabbed.
The point of all that is don't go cheap on a holster. If your going to carry holster. If your no going to holster don't carry.

poodleplumber
07-20-2012, 14:04
Mexican carry is done by people with short expected life spans. Often enough it becomes a factor in the shortened life span.

The Hawk
07-20-2012, 14:28
Please do not carry w/o a holster. There are many reasons for this. Not only is your weapon more secure in a holster vs tucked into belt, but what will you do with that firearm after you discharge it if you do not have a holster?

Louisville Glocker
07-20-2012, 16:51
I wouldn't carry loaded anything anywhere without a holster, especially a Glock.

A holster is always my first purchase when I get a new handgun. I wouldn't carry without. IWB or any other way.

Order:
1. Buy gun
2. Buy holster
3. Buy ammo

(sometimes my ammo arrives before holster, but you get the idea)

Louisville Glocker
07-20-2012, 17:00
P.S. I recommend a gun belt also. You can get a decent one for $40 from Cabela's. (old style double duty is on sale for $20 now!)

unit1069
07-20-2012, 23:35
Does anyone carry a Glock +1 IWB no holster? If I ever have to do this I don't carry +1....too ascared of accidental discharge.

Forget about the "+1" issue. What we need to know is whether you carry your Glock IWB (without holster) with a round loaded in the chamber.

If you do you're a castrato in waiting, in my opinion. Worse, you're a menace to everyone in your immediate surroundings.

Chesafreak
07-21-2012, 05:54
I took +1 to mean having a round chambered.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

sharp
07-21-2012, 12:06
The MIC is definitely better than nothing.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431269

I have one for my G36, not really sure how I would feel about being disarmed by an Officer while using one.

If you like Mexican carry, do yourself a favor and get a MIC. Many on here will bad mouth it....snags on the draw, moves around inside your pants, too slow, not enough material, etc. Who cares! It is a safe alternative to Mexican carry, period.

NEOH212
07-22-2012, 02:36

:thumbsup::agree:

Pierre!
07-22-2012, 16:11
I use the Vanguard by Raven on my PD340, Keltec, and some of my Glocks.

Works great, and you can easily knock it off if the retention cord breaks or comes loose...

All 3 cover about 13 different pistols for me.... makes it a pretty flexible system!

Patrick

DaneA
07-22-2012, 16:41
Wheres the guy who does this with the silly little pin keeping the slide from locking in? He's always entertaining in this kind of topic.

BTW: Don't carry without a holster, it's just plain dumb.

robhic
07-22-2012, 17:00
Add a +1 for the Remora holster. It is inexpensive, WORKS and can be removed in one unit (gun still inside) easily. I carry a G-26, a G-19 and a 5-shot Taurus .357 all in Remora holsters.

Plus, I can remove the entire thing and stick it between the driver's seat and console -- PRESTO! -- car gun! :wow: