Talon Grips [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Talon Grips

jdl2
07-19-2012, 22:36
Anybody have both and have strong feelings of sand texture vs. rubber? Also, have small hands. Do the increase grip size dramatically? Thanks for the help.
Jim L.

socalchuckster
07-20-2012, 01:52
I have both and prefer the rubber for IWB carry and the sandpaper for my duty gun. Both make the grip on my glocks 150% better than it is without them. As for increase in grip size, I haven't noticed anything and they are the slimmest grips you can probably get for any handgun. Adding the grips to my glocks have not changed how I grip the gun at all if that makes any sense. Great product and great customer service. For $15 it's worth a try at least.

jakejeter16
07-20-2012, 03:55
I've bought both and prefer the talon grips. I live the feel of the talon grip and feel much more comfortable shooting and I don't have to adjust my hand as much. However this grip is on my home defense glock 23 so it won't be rubbing on my side which I imagine would be horrible. I did try the rubber grip sleeve but didn't like the texture was great and it made the already wide double stack even wider.

cola490
07-20-2012, 06:47
I have used both textures, they both improve my grip. One thing, if you carry IWB w/o a sweatshied or undershirt the sand texture will wear your skin raw.

Lowjiber
07-20-2012, 06:54
I use the rubberized Talon grip on my EDC G26. No issues...works great.

Talon was shut down due to the untimely death of the owner. I hope they're back in operation now. Anyone heard???

TheExplorer
07-20-2012, 07:08
The texture is better if you have sweaty hands or carry concealed on hot days where you sweat. The rubber provides much better grip in dry situations.

jdl2
07-20-2012, 07:39
I use the rubberized Talon grip on my EDC G26. No issues...works great.

Talon was shut down due to the untimely death of the owner. I hope they're back in operation now. Anyone heard???

They are back up and running now.
JL

jdl2
07-20-2012, 07:40
Thanks to all for your input. Very much appreciated.
Jim L.

packin45
07-21-2012, 09:15
As I posted in the other TG thread, the rubber textured TG that's currently on my Gen 2 G17 is by far the best grip sleeve I have ever experienced. I'm getting ready to order one for each of my other Glocks. There's no noticeable change in grip diameter. I would not use the sand texture for civilian carry, because it'd catch clothing and rub you raw.

SFla27
07-21-2012, 11:21
G27 Gen4 here with Talon rubber grips.

I give it two thumbs up.

Good grip enhancement plus it won't eat your skin when carrying.

No negatives.

jdl2
07-21-2012, 13:50
I ordered two sets late last evening and received notice this am they are in the mail. Now that's service! Thx to all for your advice.
Jim L.

dustbusterplus
07-21-2012, 14:52
I'm also partial to the rubber Talon as it is what is currently on my EDC G27. I'm really hoping they continue to develop the grips for additional models. I would love some for my DB9 also.

racer88
07-21-2012, 21:13
Gosh.... condolences to the "Talon" family. Sorry to hear that.

I have the "sandpaper" (granulate) version on my G23, which stood duty as my HD pistol, until my FNP-45T took over that position.

For my EDC G27, I started with the Agrip. It lasted about a year before it started peeling away. I did like the way it gripped (a velour-like texture). But, when it was time to replace it, I decided to go with the Talon rubber grip. And, I really like it.

I wouldn't want the granulate rubbing on me with an EDC. It's excellent for anything you're not carrying IWB. But, if it's an IWB gun, I'd definitely recommend the rubber version. You can't beat the price. And, it just works.

GlockPistola
07-21-2012, 21:46
Has anyone tried TruGrip? I'm trying to decide between the two. I do like the fact that the TruGrips cover more, but other than that, I don't know more about them. The Talons look very nice and I know a lot of people like them as well.

http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html