14 dead in Colorado theater shooting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 14 dead in Colorado theater shooting

jeanderson
07-20-2012, 05:11
Another nut job goes wild... 14 dead and 50 injured. http://kdvr.com/2012/07/20/at-least-14-killed-dozens-injured-in-shooting-at-aurora-movie-theater/

Hunker down in your trenches folks, the anti-gun crowd is about to let loose with their fantasies of banning all guns and creating a "safer" society for all.

DustyJacket
07-20-2012, 05:58
The antis are already posting comments - certainly this horror will be taken advantage of.

Chronos
07-20-2012, 08:02
Another nut job goes wild... 14 dead and 50 injured. http://kdvr.com/2012/07/20/at-least-14-killed-dozens-injured-in-shooting-at-aurora-movie-theater/

Hunker down in your trenches folks, the anti-gun crowd is about to let loose with their fantasies of banning all guns and creating a "safer" society for all.

In other words, how government needs to systematically implement violence against the innocent (gun owners) in order to "make us safe" from some random lunatic-type shooter that appears once every few years in a country of 300 million people.

skier92857
07-20-2012, 08:31
I do my best to comment respectfully and logically in articles like this. I feel like people read those and it might sway some public opinion.

More importantly though right now, somebody played God and took away many lives last night. RIP to the victims and hopefully their families find some comfort going forward. I can't even imagine the horror that movie theater was.

Dalton Wayne
07-20-2012, 09:00
Nothing will happen just like nothing happened after VT

seethelight
07-20-2012, 10:02
First of All My heart goes out for all the families of the Colorado shooting's! You know what's going to happen now! The blame game! Also never let a disaster go to waste! They are lining up to have the assault weapon's law back into effect! People, I am afraid that this is only the beginning!

OctoberRust
07-20-2012, 10:37
you have any sources for that?

they're coming to take your guy's assault weapons? Is this going to be on a state or federal level? Again, any sources or citations ?

OctoberRust
07-20-2012, 10:40
Nothing will happen just like nothing happened after VT

this is probably the most logical response yet.

We can only hope though, none of us know for sure.

elliotb33
07-20-2012, 10:44
Ugh, msnbc has the Brady campaign guy on and some dip **** dem. wanting no "assault" rifles to be sold to citizens I guess he means ars and aks, no high cap mags over 11 rounds (why stop at 11? 3 is a nice number). Turning it to FOX right now.

glock192012
07-20-2012, 18:22
seems like there is two ways people compute news of this matter.
A: If you don't own a gun get one and be ready to defend yourself.
B: Ban "assault high capacity guns".
I think we are worse when the powers that be take a middle ground and make laws that infringe just enough but not all the way.Compared to places
such as airport security. Center of the road is were your most likely to get hurt

DustyJacket
07-20-2012, 20:29
After the talk of the 100-round drum, i think they'll go after large capacity magazine. (Anything over 10 rounds?)

After the announcement he bought about 10,000 rounds on the internet, they will go after Internet Ammo sales and limit the maximum size of any single order.

And then there is the AR-15, so they'll go after another AWB.

JMHO