Crossbreed IWB holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed IWB holster

Dakota Carpenter
07-20-2012, 10:30
I'm taking my concealed carry course in just a couple weeks and want to order a Crossbreed. I'm looking at either the Supertuck or the Qwikclip. Any opinions on these? A couple other things, if I get the holster fitted to a G26, how well will a 17 or 19 fit? And the horse hide option, is it worth the extra $15? How much does it add to the comfort? I don't plan on carrying daily, only when making trips outta town. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

alexhartang
07-20-2012, 10:38
Horsebhide= not worth it. I carry a 27 in a supertuck everyday and my 19 fits in it as well since it has the same dimensions. So a 26 should fit completely fine as well as other models.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six

Dakota Carpenter
07-20-2012, 10:42
Thanks for the info. What model was your super fitted to?

bruzer
07-20-2012, 10:47
I am no expert but all my holsters are ordered for the full size Glocks G17/22 then I know for sure they'll handle the small ones with ease. Some holsters for the smaller ones are shaped around the muzzle and don't allow for the big guns to slide through. Or the leather is cut for the sub-compact and if the muzzle slides through you now have the end of your muzzle along the skin of your hip. Shoot a few rounds and then slide that hot muzzle down along your hip and let me know what you think. Like I said I am no expert but I do know for me I sweat too much for any type of leather. When I soak horsehide to the point the Glock starts to rust I had to go all Kydex.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

alexhartang
07-20-2012, 12:07
Thanks for the info. What model was your super fitted to?

Mine is fitted to a 23, which I sold, got a 27, and now have a 19 I occasionally carry in it as well. If you get one fitted for the 26, It will fit all similar models (17,19,27,22,etc). One thing I do recommend for the smaller glocks is the combat cut, I opted out and ended up doing my own because it make the draw on my 27 273748483 times easier

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six

fuzzy03cls
07-20-2012, 14:12
The crossbreeds fit all 9mm, & .40 glocks. Doesn't matter which one you get. The only difference is the amount of leather the barrel end will have.
So if you get a full size crossbreed, all guns will have leather at the barrel end.
If you get a G26 one the bigger guns will protrude past the leather at the barrel end.

The quickclip is great for g26/27. I wouldn't use it for any of the others as it's a bit too much since that version has only a single wide clip.
I have both.

SCSU74
07-20-2012, 14:51
I'm taking my concealed carry course in just a couple weeks and want to order a Crossbreed. I'm looking at either the Supertuck or the Qwikclip. Any opinions on these? A couple other things, if I get the holster fitted to a G26, how well will a 17 or 19 fit? And the horse hide option, is it worth the extra $15? How much does it add to the comfort? I don't plan on carrying daily, only when making trips outta town. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

The horsehide is absolutely worth it if you sweat a lot or in a hot environment. It does a much better job repelling sweat and water. I don't know that it has anything to do with comfort, more so just for the repellant of water/sweat.

If you fit it to a G26 it will fit every other size glock except the .45/10mm guns and even those will fit, but will stretch the leather. I had mine fit for a 19, i carry my 17/30/21 in it as well. When comparing the different model sizes the only difference is the slide length and grip height, the crossbreed is open ended and that is why it works across the board.

I have only ever used the supertuck so i cannot comment on the quikclip, but the supertuck is a great holster and really wouldn't want anything else.

Dakota Carpenter
07-20-2012, 15:23
I just figured since there are options for subcompact, compact, and full size that there might be differences in the holsters. Just trying to get it all figured out before spending the money. Thanks for the input fellas

JC2317
07-20-2012, 15:36
I have the Qwikclip for my CM9 and 26. For me the 26 was too heavy for it so I got a Mini. It feels much more secure with the two clips. Just my input. Either way it's a great holster, very comfortable.

beforeobamabans
07-20-2012, 17:34
Crossbreed is overkill for the subcompact Glocks. If you're going to buy a small gun, why not get a small holster so the whole rig is easier to conceal? OTOH, its hard to beat for big, heavy guns like the 21, for example.