The quest for the perfect holster... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The quest for the perfect holster...

ZO6Vettever
07-20-2012, 13:23
Last week I made holster "prototype #35" or somewhere around that. It looks great, OWB all leather, rides where I like, good retention, BUT, it just ain't quite comfy and rubs my flab wrong. Yesterday I made "prototype #36". A leather/kydex hybrid Much like a Crossbreed but OWB. Belt goes thru metal belt clips and the leather and kydex both are at the bottom of the belt. Rides a little lower that way. I need to drill the belt clips for 2 more Chicago screws to keep them from moving. I put about a 3/4" piece of kydex inside at the top of the leather to help pull the butt in tight. (It's a G30.) I have been wearing it about 4 hours and I think this might be the one. I do however have a "prototype #37" in my mind. Similar but all kydex. If y'all got some time on your hands give it a try, it's fun. Kydex is real easy to work with. Pics when it's done.

cluznar
07-21-2012, 13:26
We will always be searching for the "perfect" gun and the "perfect" holster. That is the nature of the gun owner.

As for me, here is a near perfect all-leather holster. Leather holsters are awesome, break it in right and use leather dressing on the inside.

Check out this #1 in either IWB or OWB

http://nm-holsters.com/products

I have the IWB and it is really comfortable.

:thumbsup:

coyote 30
07-21-2012, 14:54
This is one I made and so far it is perfect for me. High and tight, good retention and hides under just a light shirt. Very comfortable and hides just as well as a IWB with a cover shirt.

USSOCOM
07-21-2012, 21:39
We will always be searching for the "perfect" gun and the "perfect" holster. That is the nature of the gun owner.

As for me, here is a near perfect all-leather holster. Leather holsters are awesome, break it in right and use leather dressing on the inside.

Check out this #1 in either IWB or OWB

http://nm-holsters.com/products

I have the IWB and it is really comfortable.

:thumbsup:

Nick makes excellent leather holsters, especially for the money and short wait. I have a couple, however, I recently picked up a Comp-Tac MTAC and I believe this is the last holster I will need to purchase.

Travelin' Jack
07-21-2012, 21:53

You might be, but I won't buy a gun until they make an MTAC for it anymore. I've got a box of unused holsters since I got my first MTAC two years ago. I have three or four of them now and twice that many kydex bodies. I don't have any interest in looking into new holsters at all. C-clips on their lowest setting and I'm a happy camper. I carry a CZ P01 everywhere and rarely even notice it on my hip.

I hope you find your perfect holster too. :wavey: