That was very nice! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : That was very nice!

okie
07-21-2012, 09:56
Did a complete stranger ever do anything nice for you? I just got back from the store having bought grocery's, I decided not to make a list as I am sharp enough to remember everything, turn up I ain't as sharp as I thought I was. I picked up stuff to make Guacamole Dip and got all the other stuff and went to check out. I had just finished paying and two guys behind me are talking about lemons, and I hit myself in the head and told the cashier I had forgotten a lime, one of the guys said go get one we aren't in a big hurry, then he said hell I'll go get you one. Nice to know there are a few good people left, and I thanked him.:thumbsup:

XDRoX
07-21-2012, 10:27
When I was growing up my mom had a tradition around Christmas time. I never knew she did it but she filled me in around the age of 25.

Around Christmas time she always carried a few extra hundred dollars bills in her purse. While shopping if she noticed someone that appeared they needed it she simply gave the person one in an envelope and said Merry Christmas and walked away very fast.

Never to bums or homeless people I don't think. More like single moms or families that appeared to be strapped around the holidays.

Buki192327
07-21-2012, 13:53
Hopefully, you tipped him for going and getting it for you!! :supergrin:

okie
07-21-2012, 14:49
Hopefully, you tipped him for going and getting it for you!! :supergrin:

All I had was my debit card so I couldn't :embarassed:

The Hawk
07-21-2012, 16:05
I was driving home several years ago and it began snowing. When I got to my subdivision, I tried in vain to drive up the hill to my house. A guy pulled up in a 4 wheel drive truck and asked me if I needed some help. He said he would be glad to hook a tow rope to my 2 wheel drive truck and pull me up the hill which he did. He would not take any $$ for helping me. He said to just pass the good deed on (which I have done several times). I bought a 4 wheel drive truck shortly after that. I was in the market for a new truck anyway and that made a believer out of me.