Video raises interesting points [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Video raises interesting points

High-Gear
07-21-2012, 10:34
Seth Andrews (host of The Thinking Atheist) at the Oklahoma State Secular Organization - YouTube

Seth brings up some interesting points. Lets discuss why we as a society can not objectively view ridiculous claims.

Gunhaver
07-22-2012, 04:33
Aw man, I didn't realize that Jedi was a legitimate option. I may have to rethink this whole non-religious thing.

Edit: If you read their doctrine it actually makes more sense than most religions. http://www.jedichurch.org/jedi-doctrine.html

Guss
07-22-2012, 23:58
It is amazing how people can selectively suspend rational thought. They would never think of turning off their skepticism when buying a car, but when it comes to betting their immortal soul, they just figure their parents must have been right.

Geko45
07-23-2012, 06:43
Not a bad talk. I'm not sure that he really breaks any new ground with it though. His arguments are obvious to those that share his position and easily ignored by those that don't. It was more of a pep rally for non-believers than a persuasive speech.

Guss
07-23-2012, 08:05
... His arguments are obvious to those that share his position and easily ignored by those that don't. It was more of a pep rally for non-believers than a persuasive speech.
I don't know about that. It kind of invites people to distance themselves from their current position and try to get a bigger perspective of things. I shows them that "normal" is often just a cultural viewpoint.