Pocket Carry: where do you put keys, phone, reload, wallet? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Carry: where do you put keys, phone, reload, wallet?

sharpshooter
07-21-2012, 22:01
I often carry a 38 or small 9mm in my front right pocket. Cell phone front left, wallet rear left, keys rear right. I like to carry minimal stuff, but I still am not satisfied on where to carry a spare mag or speed strip. It usually goes in my back pocket with my keys but that can be uncomfy.

Solution?

jellis11
07-21-2012, 22:32
I have one pair of shorts that I can pocket my g26. I'll keep my knife in that pocket *front right* as it gives it some rigidity. My wallet is back right, as is my phone... But it's an old Razor flip phone so it's small. My reload is back left. Keep my house key in the car and the car key is a folder so it goes in the left pocket.

When I sit I have enough play with that pair of shorts I can move the mag to the side a little. They are khaki pants. I think if they were jeans I would lose this option.

C-Dog
07-21-2012, 22:32
You should get a magazine pouch/holster that either clips outside or inside the waistband.
There really nice to have and most hold 2 mags.

Either that or start wearing cargo pants :rofl:

sharpshooter
07-21-2012, 22:40
Ankle carrying spare ammo sounds interesting but I've never heard it suggested or seen options.

C-Dog
07-21-2012, 22:59
Ankle carrying spare ammo sounds interesting but I've never heard it suggested or seen options.

Yea I've seen those before... I guess it would be a good option if you're wearing pants, and would get some weight off your waist.
It'd probably take a while to get use to the feeling of something strapped to your leg (unless you ankle carry a weapon already).
If you do try something like that, buy a cheap one in case you don't like it

Reb 56
07-21-2012, 22:59
LCP in right front pocket,keys & cell left front pocket,wallet in left rear pocket & extra mag in small watch pocket. This is the setup I use in jeans which I wear 90% of the time.

Reswob
07-21-2012, 23:05
Wallet, phone, SAK, keys, knife, gun. No room for everything in pockets, something has to go on the waist, so the gun makes the most sense. Never understood how anyone could carry their wallet in a back pocket, unless they never sit down all day?

itstime
07-21-2012, 23:09
Cargo pockets. Only way I can get by even carrying minimal tools. Without them I have to put multiple somethings in one pocket and that's really a no-no

dpadams6
07-22-2012, 04:25
Wallet, phone, SAK, keys, knife, gun. No room for everything in pockets, something has to go on the waist, so the gun makes the most sense. Never understood how anyone could carry their wallet in a back pocket, unless they never sit down all day?

Ha. I cant stand my wallet in my back pocket either. I usually give it to my wife to carry in her purse when we go out. Lol

Rockimook
07-26-2012, 08:09
Gun in right front, spare mags in front left, wallet in back left, phone in back right unless sitting down, and keys hooked to belt loop. Works for me

PocketProtector
07-26-2012, 08:20
LCP in right rear pocket, easy access, unnoticeable, no flopping.
Tried every other way and found this to easily be the best for me.

Rustin
07-26-2012, 08:39
LCR right front pocket. Knife back right. Wallet back left. Keys are hanging from a belt loop. Cell phone left front pocket or in the pocket of a button up. Reload is on the waist in a leather yo-yo holster/pouch of all things...

Lior
07-26-2012, 08:41
On a cop. Nobody needs guns anymore.

J/K. No set routine, as long as the trigger is covered by a holster. Reloads and phone optional.

Metal Angel
07-26-2012, 09:21
LCP front right, phone front left, wallet back left, keys back right- or when I'm at work, on a caribiner hanging from my 4 o'clock belt loop. I don't carry a reload at this point because I only have one mag for my LCP, but when I get home from work, I put on my Glock 19 and my LCP is my reload.

gunowner1
07-26-2012, 09:48
LCP in left cargo pocket. Phone and cigs in right cargo pocket. Wallet in left rear pocket. Money in front left pocket. Usually have G19, G30, or G26, in an MTac on left side, balanced by two extra mags OWB on right side. My knife is clipped in my right front pocket. Keys go in front right pocket as well. This is my everyday set up. I rarely carry a spare mag for the LCP,but if I do it goes in the right front pocket with my knife.

ronin.45
07-26-2012, 10:07
Gun in right front

Wallet and phone in left front

Keys on belt loop

No reload

Nakanokalronin
07-26-2012, 10:21
I'm more likely to pocket carry during summer (although still rare) if needed and my shorts mainly consist of cargo shorts. Pocket gun right front, reload left front, wallet and phone left cargo pocket, keys and everything else right cargo pocket.

During winter, its easier because I have a jacket to house keys and what-not but I'm carrying IWB most of the time. my front left pocket always houses a reload for any gun I carry though.

dredglock
07-26-2012, 10:36
I live in Florida and wear walking shorts 51 1/2 weeks a year . the pockets on
these are huge you can put your hand in the main pocket and spread your fingers
out there almost to big. on my favorite brand I can drop my G-17 and the grip
is still concealed.
that leaves 5 extra pockets plus 3 or 4 more on my cape back fishing shirts
the main problem for me is i end up with to much stuff

concretefuzzynuts
07-26-2012, 10:39
Cargo shorts or cargo pants.

nastytrigger
07-26-2012, 10:52
I wear suit pants at work, cargos as casual. I'm a lefty, so my carry's backwards :)

I recommend carrying spare mag or strip in a cell phone case on your belt. I bought a Velcro cell phone case (cheap) as a decoy to carry my P3AT spare. For total concealment, I'll put the thin case in my back pocket.

For my carry, pistol in front left pocket, keys/iPhone/wallet in right front (I know, it's a lot of stuff in one pocket), rear pockets usually empty (never use them, but for dirty Kleenex).

If I have cargo pants on, then I put my wallet in cargo left, iPhone in cargo right, keys by themselves in front right, gun in front left, spare in pouch on belt.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
07-26-2012, 11:36
Cargo pants.

M&P Shield in right hip pocket...

Flashlight and pen clippped to front of the left hip pocket. Extra mag for the Shield IN the left hip pocket

Android phone in the left leg pocket. Keys, small leatherman knife and asthma spray in the right leg pocket. Wallet in my back pocket...

sarge83
07-26-2012, 12:02
Phone goes in case on belt, keys in other pocket and I carry no reloads. I never put anything in the pocket my gun is located in and always carry it in a pocket holster.

About 15 yrs. ago the sheriff of an adjoining county where I live had a bad habit of carrying his Glock 26 chambered, without a holster in his pocket. Barney Fife gets away with it for a while until he crams his car keys in the same pocket. Upon attempting to extract his keys proceeds to blow a nice hole in his foot. He nearly lost the foot due to him being a diabetic.

SigFTW
07-26-2012, 12:21
Here is the solutions to your problem. :whistling:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg558/SigFTW1/coach-pocket.jpg

SigFTW
07-26-2012, 12:24
I 99% carry IWB, even with my pocked pistols, so room for other stuff has not been a problem.

VBVAGUY
07-26-2012, 21:02
I do not pocket carry, but have my Diamondback DB9 in a IWB holster on my right hip at 4 o'clock that also has a holder for an extra mag, but it can actually hold 2 extra magazines of my DB9 for a total of 19 rounds of 9mm. Wallet in my left front pocket. Keys in my right front pocket. Phone in my right rear pocket. If I bring an extra 2 magazines of reload, that goes in my left rear pocket. God Bless :)

dnuggett
07-26-2012, 22:08
I only pocket carry in the house. The few times I have pocket carried off the reservation I put the keys in a cargo pocket, phone in other cargo pocket, knife clipped on to left front pocket, leatherman micra and flashlight in my left front pocket and my 940 in a Mika holster in my right front pocket. Wallet sat in the console with a 1911 and an extra mag until I got out of the truck then I put in my back pocket. I can't stand sitting on my wallet either.

russelldehart
07-27-2012, 10:59
Cargo pants/shorts are the only way I pocket carry.
SS Front - Pistol
WS Front - Keys & Misc (coins, flash drive, etc)
SS Rear - Wallet
WS Rear - Reload
SS Cargo - Knife
WS Cargo - Flashlight
WS Belt - Phone (Clipped)

tango44
07-28-2012, 08:03
G26 right front pocket.
Blackberry and car key left front pocket.
Wallet right rear pocket
Spare G26 mag left rear pocket.

That's all I carry no more stuff for me!

FLglockdude
07-28-2012, 08:09
I wear cargo shorts 99% of th time.

Kahr CM9 in front right
Phone in front right
Wallet in rear right
Reload in rear left
Flashlight and OC spray clipped to left cargo
Knife and pen in right cargo
Keys clipped to belt

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

eracer
07-28-2012, 08:11
Left-handed.

Ruger LCR in DeSantis Nemesis in LF. Nothing else in there.
Keys, coins in RF
Wallet LR
EDC knife cliipped RF
EDC flashlight on right side of belt
2 x 5star speedloaders in double-pouch on left side of belt.

Can't find room for CCW badge. Maybe ankle holster?

eracer
07-28-2012, 08:12
I wear cargo shorts 99% of th time.

Kahr CM9 in front right
Phone in front right
Wallet in rear right
Reload in rear left
Flashlight and OC spray clipped to left cargo
Knife and pen in right cargo
Keys clipped to belt

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Did you mis-type this?

cjcharvet
07-28-2012, 16:00
Tried pocket carry for a while with a diamondback 380. I'm a little guy so I struggled with the "what goes where" for a year and a half. Then the DB failed too many times at the range so I graduated.

Long story short: Glock on the belt. If you can't sit on your wallet, you need to clean it out. Keys, knife and phone in front pockets. If 11 rnds of 9mm doesn't do it, I've got Jesus and Life insurance.