GT Fantasy Football League 2012 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GT Fantasy Football League 2012

IndyGunFreak
07-22-2012, 08:54
Here we go again,. :)

It'll be on Yahoo Leagues again. It's free, all you need is a yahoo account. Only thing we ask, is that you participate. Not saying you have to be chatting, or attending weekly meetings.. this just means keeping your roster updated, etc.. When you have people who are clearly not participating, it creates "gimme" games every week and gets frustrating.

If you've never done Fantasy Football, it doesn't take much time, and if you're a football fan, you'll enjoy it. It definitely gives a whole new dynamic to watching football. Really the most time consuming thing, is the draft. This will likely take about 2-2.5hrs. After that, you can spend as little as 5min a week on it updating your roster, setting starting lineups, etc. There will be 10 teams this year.

Draft will be August 4 at 7pm CDT

It's a private league again. To get the league name and password, PM me or kbm54

IGF

CBennett
07-22-2012, 09:21
do you have the league rules yet as in how its gonna be scored? ive been in some excellent ones and some BAD ones all based on how they set up the scoring(or in the bad case didnt set it up correctly). What im meaning is points per TD,Int,Turnover,are you doing team defense or individual players,is it a point per reception league..

does it place(this is what ruins most leagues) more emphasis on rushing yards over passing or receiving yards?

can you pick up a player of the waiver wire without jumping through hoops or waiting 5 days or something?(ive had a RB go down and some be on bye week..they they decide that on Saturday the guy will NOT be playing...then I go to pick up a RB off waivers just to fill the slot and the league settings pop up and say...you will have this guy after 24 hpur waiting period...well 7pm Sat=7pm Sun...and I DONT get the guy in time for game...also very lame lol)

IndyGunFreak
07-22-2012, 09:37
Here's the current league rules, you can download them from my Dropbox account. They are in .doc format, but I created them with Libre Office, so hopefully it will show up ok in Windows apps.

In years past, we always just stick w/ the default Yahoo settings.. and yeah, it is kinda RB heavy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9m1mzy3hhrf80f/FFL%20scoring.doc

As for waivers... A player is waived, and you can select him, but he won't be on your roster immediately.. I think it's 5 days (unless another team w/ a high waiver wire rank picks him, then they get him and you don't). If you pick up any player that is not on the waiver wire, they are added to your roster immediately.

Hyksos
07-22-2012, 10:30
ESPN is vastly superior IMO. Way better than Yahoo and NFL.com (I've played both). Just throwing that out there in case you never considered using ESPN before.

IndyGunFreak
07-22-2012, 10:34
ESPN is vastly superior IMO. Way better than Yahoo and NFL.com (I've played both). Just throwing that out there in case you never considered using ESPN before.

Never tried ESPN... We've always played on Yahoo and had a pretty good time.

Hyksos
07-22-2012, 10:51

Well perhaps next year you'll give it a shot. I've played them all. I even started on yahoo.com, and then I switched to ESPN and I was much much happier. Our league has been using ESPN ever since. Just take it into consideration the next time someone tells you that ESPN is pretty good.

Actually, if you have the time/effort you could just make two separate leagues. Or, make an ESPN account and join a public league. Give it a shot for the draft, and play a few weeks. You don't even have to try, but it will let you play ESPN while still running your yahoo league.

I'm a league manager for our league. I have even changed scoring so 1 rushing/receiving yard = .1 points (10yards = 1 point). I did this after we actually had someone who ended up losing because of a stupid tie. When you use decimals it is more accurate. 97 yards is 9.7 points rather than 10. Just a suggestion to a fellow league manager.

2bgop
07-22-2012, 18:41
This was the only league I won last year, count me in.

For those interested, this was a good league last year, we had a great time.

CBennett
07-22-2012, 19:36

Honestly ive played most of them and I still like yahoo the best.

2bgop
07-22-2012, 20:42
Honestly ive played most of them and I still like yahoo the best.

Me too. I would rate it Yahoo, ESPN, then NFL.

RustyShackelford
07-22-2012, 20:46
I am in for another great year of Fantasy Football. I agree that (IMHO) Yahoo! has the best FFL.

CBennett
07-22-2012, 20:53
oh and I PMed ya but sign me up!

rolltide_pisco
07-22-2012, 21:36
I'm in

IndyGunFreak
07-22-2012, 21:39
OK, the people that are signed up..

Me
kbm54
Rusty
CBennett
Purple Pirate
bigmac85
rolltide_pisco
mabgrac
2bgop
heytj

IndyGunFreak
07-23-2012, 07:18
Got 1 spot left for anyone interested.

kbm54
07-24-2012, 05:01
Got 1 spot left for anyone interested.

Still need one more if anyone wants in.

2bgop
07-24-2012, 06:46
Can't have an odd number, someone jump in. It's only 500 a head entry fee.

I kid...:supergrin:

heyTJ
07-24-2012, 07:51
I'll give it a go if the spot is still available.

IndyGunFreak
07-24-2012, 09:14
I'll give it a go if the spot is still available.

PM Sent with info.

Assuming he signs up, that's 10.

Good luck everyone.

IGF

RustyShackelford
08-04-2012, 08:03
[Bump]

Don't forget, the draft is tonight @ 20:00 EDT.

Good luck!

rolltide_pisco
08-04-2012, 09:34
I have to work tonight so I'll miss the draft. Here's hoping the auto-pick doesn't screw me.

IndyGunFreak
08-04-2012, 12:32
Was just about to post a reminder.. Thanks Rusty

Pisco, the auto pick isn't to bad... it just drafts the highest rated player in a particular position when it's your turn to pick. I used auto pick for about 6 rounds last year, when I realized I couldn't read a clock.. :)

Best of luck everybody.

kbm54
08-04-2012, 12:35
I'm hoping to be back in time tonight, but I may be auto-pick this year as well. Blame IGF, who does a draft on a Saturday night. :whistling::faint::supergrin:

IndyGunFreak
08-04-2012, 12:39
I'm hoping to be back in time tonight, but I may be auto-pick this year as well. Blame IGF, who does a draft on a Saturday night. :whistling::faint::supergrin:

I can't help it I have no life,. :rofl:

I asked everyone if that was OK.

We're getting some crazy rain/t-storms at the moment. I can't complain about that, because we really need it.. but our power has already flickered once.. so I'm hoping I don't lose my internet connection.

IGF

2bgop
08-04-2012, 13:12
I can't help it I have no life,. :rofl:

I asked everyone if that was OK.

We're getting some crazy rain/t-storms at the moment. I can't complain about that, because we really need it.. but our power has already flickered once.. so I'm hoping I don't lose my internet connection.

IGF

I told you all last year that my power went out just minutes before we started. I have to drive to a Starbucks, when I got there, it was so crowded their internet kept kicking me off? It was awful.

rolltide_pisco
08-04-2012, 23:30
It's all good cause auto-pick hooked me up. Drew Brees throwing td's all day long.

IndyGunFreak
08-05-2012, 09:33
It's all good cause auto-pick hooked me up. Drew Brees throwing td's all day long.

I dunno, the Saints are in total turmoil this year.. but Brees has always been a solid fantasy player.

CBennett
08-05-2012, 09:45
I dunno, the Saints are in total turmoil this year.. but Brees has always been a solid fantasy player.

should still be solid this year on a team that may be a mess he will probably the the one solid offering.

IndyGunFreak
12-28-2012, 09:41
By the way (sorry I was a bit delayed in posting this)....

Congrats to bigmac85. He won the league this year.

Hope everyone had fun this year, hope to see everyone again next year.

heyTJ
12-30-2012, 08:01
Congrats to bigmac85! I stunk up the joint, but had fun. See y'all next year.